AlibabaGrp

NASDAQ AND RIPPLE: Executives At Ripple Find 'Match Made In Heaven' In Nasdaq Exchange Initiative

1 hour ago, XRPHornets said:

Being listed is one thing but if they were to use XRP as base currency that would be awesome.

I know that the NASDAQ has vested interest in CHAIN that was recently bought-out by Stellar. It will be interesting to see if they list XRP and/or XLM as one of their base exchange currencies (if the information/sources in this article proves to be true).

35 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Too bad it is from one unreliable source only. I have tried to factcheck but could not confirm whether this is real news. 

Always hard to tell with crypto. So much fake news abound. Sure hope it’s true, would be very encouraging. 

Article written by 'Rogue Trader' too. So reliable nobody will put their name to it. Hopefully there is some truth behind this, as it is as bullish an article as it comes. 

Edited by XRPablo

42 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Too bad it is from one unreliable source only. I have tried to factcheck but could not confirm whether this is real news. 

Always hard to tell with crypto. So much fake news abound. Sure hope it’s true, would be very encouraging. 

regardless, its inevitable in my mind crypto will make its way to NASDAQ. There have bee several articles over the years from NASDAQ stating their interest once the crypto market becomes stabilized. XRP doesn't need coinbase. eventually, coinbase is going to be begging XRP to join them. out of all the coins, we're #2. imagine being #1 (inevitable) and NOT on coinbase. not going to happen for long before they're pressured into adding XRP. but by that time, they'll skew the news to make it seem like coinbase is offering XRP the 'opportunity' to join them ?

Edited by MegaNerd

For goodness sakes, the author doesn't even use his real name.   Crypto news sites are a dime a dozen.   Please double and triple fact check to the best of your ability before you believe anything you read online.

Wow, this is HUGE!!! The respect for Ripple and xrp here really shines through - it's about time!!! I LOVE Ripple's response to their previous difficulties with Coinbase:  "“This inclusion justified  I might add, gives us less interest in taking whatever unnecessary steps Coinbase would have us take to meet any listing standards they deem relevant. So while it would be welcome to finalize a $XRP listing on Coinbase we simply aren’t interested in moving heaven and earth to do so." Not only is xrp gonna leave Coinbase in the dust, I'm predicting that they'll very soon do the same with valuations less than a dollar....whew, great news!

11 minutes ago, Theone01 said:

How is this huge? Of course they were going to list xrp.... Its the 2nd biggest..... Its not the base currency they are announcing.....

Here's how, it's what they had to say about Ripple and xrp - NASDAQ is respected the world over: their opinion carries significant weight:  "We aren't interested in the noise. We are interested in scale."  AND: "So we see no reason to exclude $XRP. Instead, we’ve leaned in and embraced what they bring to the table. You really can’t argue that the firm has a top-notch executive team and is as buttoned up as you will find in crypto." AND FINALLY: ”"So the decision to include them in our initial offerings is an absolute no-brainer. Easy to do based on the firms’ management team and their continued execution within the banking sector. And we’ve largely eschewed the ‘security token’ debate. Market cap is what plays for us as we develop these solutions. Ripple checks that box and then some. Not to mention they’ve been extremely forthcoming from a due diligence standpoint and made several different members of their management team available to us at a moments notice. Adding that to the scale of their coin makes it an easy decision at launch.”

4 hours ago, Paradox said:

For goodness sakes, the author doesn't even use his real name.   Crypto news sites are a dime a dozen.   Please double and triple fact check to the best of your ability before you believe anything you read online.

not sure about that. lots of hard core, can't sway their beliefs worth nothing, say aliens exist... yet there is zero evidence.

Except for assuming the chances of Earth being the only planet able to sustain life in such a large universe is impossible.. which isn't any evidence at all ;)

20 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

not sure about that. lots of hard core, can't sway their beliefs worth nothing, say aliens exist... yet there is zero evidence.

Except for assuming the chances of Earth being the only planet able to sustain life in such a large universe is impossible.. which isn't any evidence at all ;)

I don’t follow your logic here unfortunately.    Not quite sure what you’re getting at.  

On 9/27/2018 at 3:23 AM, Mgcrypto05 said:

Move over CB. NASDAQ is coming through!

"A conversation with a Ripple executive confirmed their Nasdaq discussions:

“Yes, we’ve been in discussions with Nasdaq around their exchange initiative and have been willing to answer any and all due diligence questions. We believe in what we are doing here, our products and services, and $XRP as well. Nasdaq will ultimately be the final arbiter of who gets listed next year, but we believe we will be firmly in that group. Without giving too much away, the excitement around here for where this is headed is pretty fun to watch. The Nasdaq exchange and custody product is going to be something special.”

You can imagine that a development such as this would set aside any and all concern regarding Ripple’s ongoing frustration with Coinbase. Being listed on a forthcoming global exchange and brand such as Nasdaq would remove any need to be placed into a more closed ecosystem such as Coinbase.

And that particular line of thinking was verbalized by another Ripple executive yesterday: “This inclusion justified  I might add, gives us less interest in taking whatever unnecessary steps Coinbase would have us take to meet any listing standards they deem relevant. So while it would be welcome to finalize a $XRP listing on Coinbase we simply aren’t interested in moving heaven and earth to do so."  Thanks to @Sio2yH2O for pointing out this quote of the article.

That coinbase Comment from Ripple executive was one of the best things i have seen. “@Coinbase u had it coming for your arrogance” 

i literally hate coinbase mob for tryin to bully infact blackmail Ripple rather than trying to do business. So they better remove Brian Armstrong and Asif Hirji from their positions, and bring people who put their business sense above their arrogance.

Edited by RDS