SBI to use Bitcoin?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They will be listing Bcash on the exchange, maybe the author confuses the two. Using Bitcoin in it´s current state would clogg up everything and steal money from the poorest in fees. XRP could be

Discussed before, but yea only in countries where xrp has crap liquidity

Too darn slow.

@jag216 correct. SBI even mines BCH.

SBI is all over the place, no focus with poor PR/visibility people working for them so I wouldn't be surprised if this news turned out to be smth completely different.

Quite disappointed with SBI given what kind of institution the are vs what progress they have made against their declarations.

Edited by WillGetThere
Grammar
1 hour ago, WillGetThere said:

@jag216 correct. SBI even mines BCH.

SBI is all over the place, no focus with poor PR/visibility people working for them so I wouldn't be surprised if this news turned out to be smth completely different.

Quite disappointed with SBI given what kind of institution the are vs what progress they have made against their declarations.

BTC has been the most liquid.  But BitPesa CEO has stated in the past that if there is customer demand to use something else and it is liquid they will use it.  I believe they are adding Ethereum support & I would guess that SBI will have some sway for XRP.

Sometimes the endgame isn't obvious.  But I feel SBI is much more focused on process than it may appear.

2 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

don't think the article alludes that SBI wants to use bitcoin right now, rather, partnering for future.

BitPesa is using Bitcoin for remittances, not SBI. SBI Remit only partnered with them, but doesn't mean that they'll be using Bitcoin anytime soon or in the future.