Promethee

JPMorgan’s Ethereum-Based Blockchain Payments Trial Adds 75 Banks

Just now, LamboToTheMoon said:

Ripple has a 5 year lead over everyone else and the finest team in the business.

End of “worry”.

Exactly... How long will it take JP Morons to see the speed and cost difference between ETH and XRP, not to mention a company that will answer the phone when needed. :spinlol:

30 minutes ago, Hohenheim said:

Ripple is kinda like Tesla Motors.

First to be adopted in the real-world and ahead of the competition by several years while others are scrambling to compete.

The Big Auto brands are so far behind.

The new JAG I-Pace is imho a better car than the Tesla Model X. A very strong competitor with a history of building cars, which translates in less design and quality issues, of which Tesla has plenty. 

3 minutes ago, Plikk said:

The new JAG I-Pace is imho a better car than the Tesla Model X. A very strong competitor with a history of building cars, which translates in less design and quality issues, of which Tesla has plenty. 

Plenty of quality issues with jags (I own one)

2 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Yes, Jaguar.  The reliable car which prompted the joke:  "Why do the British drink warm beer?"  "Because their refrigerators are made by Lucas."  (Lucas did Jaguar's electrical systems.)

Jaguar also the reliable car which prompted the joke:  "Why do you have to buy two at a time?"  "Well, you're going to need one to drive while the other one's in the shop that month."  :)

Just now, NightJanitor said:

Yes, Jaguar.  The reliable car which prompted the joke:  "Why do the British drink warm beer?"  "Because their refrigerators are made by Lucas."  (Lucas did Jaguar's electrical systems.)

Jaguar also the reliable car which prompted the joke:  "Why do you have to buy two at a time?"  "Well, you're going to need one to drive while the other one's in the shop that month."  :)

Yes that was in the 70-80s. Things change?

I have little concern about this. I do believe that Ripple's five-year advantage, not to mention some of their talent such as David Schwartz and connections that they've been working on, gives them an enormous advantage here. That said, it's foolish to completely dismiss any threats. Don't be like Obama when he infamously mocked ISIS and called them a "junior varsity" player.
I haven't read The Art of War, but I'm sure Sun Tzu would agree that the best warriors don't underestimate their opponents or allow their own cockiness to lower their guard. 

Again, I'm not terribly concerned, but it's something to keep your eye on.

Confidence?  Yes. Absolute. Ripple has brilliant leadership and everything has fallen into place exactly as predicted, if not way better.
Cockiness? No. It's not over, until I'm sitting in my new home enjoying my new credit rating, and my kids are in college. 

3 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Yes that was in the 70-80s. Things change?

I must admit that the electric XKE is tempting - but I'd have to call the fire department to help me get out of it, these days.  (Things do change!)

Guess I'll just have to stick with the suburban assault vehicles...

I can see a market for Corporate clients of JP Morgan drinking the kool-aid there, but I don't think there's much incentive for anyone else.  Competing banks would essentially be subsidizing the coffers of their own competition, with the costs paid to JPM for access/deploy/maintenance.  XRP is not competing against them in their markets.

The original reason I started buying XRP is the same reason I never bought BTC: *SCALABILITY*

The Ethereum “supercomputer” was brought to its knees by cryptokitties, f***’s sake. How well do you think that system will do when a few thousand transactions per second need to be processed?

(hint: it won’t)

Edited by dgoddard