XRP is Centrally Controlled by Ripple – Says Bank of International Settlements (BIS)

yxxyun

1 minute ago, yxxyun said:

rippled consensus is a leaderless mechanism,  I prefer to make the process of generate UNL leaderless too.

In this case I personally prefer to work with the 'one captain on a ship' principle. More ships may sail with different captains.;)

4 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

let people choose/vote make chaos, this just nodes self make unl,self reach consensus. 

I am missing the trusted part in the UNL ....and I am quite fond of that. A stable high quality network with trusted validators is essential imho. I don't see self regulation as an option.

1 hour ago, yxxyun said:

rippled consensus is a leaderless mechanism,  I prefer to make the process of generate UNL leaderless too.

Good luck with that. I think the ultimate form of leaderless is chaos and disagreement. Our ability to choose and follow leaders (and behead them) is what brought us where we are now. Hierarchical leadership is is not a design flaw of mankind, it's a killer feature. I often see Ripple's leadership over XRPL mentioned as something negative. It's not. And they have designed the leadership of the ledger in such a way that someone else can take over their role whenever they f*ck up or threaten to do so. Courageous and brilliant. They've basically written a constitution for money.

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

trust lead to centralization

You're giving me a hard time today :)

We've moved away from hunting our own food and building our own house, a long time ago. We only managed to do so by trusting other people to do something for us, in return for doing something for them. Money is a abstract form of trust, that enables us so build longer and asynchronous chains of "if you do something for me I will do something for you".

Trust is an essential element in our social fabric, without trust, it would fall apart, and we can go back to hunting for our own food, and building our own house.

The innovation that XRP ledger provides, is that trust becomes an easily and precisely editable attribute of money, and that it allows you to trust a network instead of an individual.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, lucky said:

You're giving me a hard time today :)

We've moved away from hunting our own food and building our own house, a long time ago. We only managed to do so by trusting other people to do something for us, in return for doing something for them. Money is a abstract form of trust, that enables us so build longer and asynchronous chains of "if you do something for me I will do something for you".

Trust is an essential element in our social fabric, without trust, it would fall apart, and we can go back to hunting for our own food, and building our own house.

The innovation that XRP ledger provides, is that trust becomes an easily and precisely editable attribute of money, and that it allows you to trust a network instead of an individual.

I like quite a lot features of XRPL,  but, maybe because I'm from China, I naturally against the centralization,  the powerful leadership from single party .

3 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

I like quite a lot features of XRPL,  but, maybe because I'm from China, I naturally against the centralization,  the powerful leadership from single party .

That helps to understand your point of view. Tnx for the clarification. :good:

On 9/25/2018 at 9:11 PM, Kpuff said:

Haaa some new fud. Saying it's centralized cause regulatory news doesn't affect the price. That's just dumb. Who is this bis, they want a war we'll give it to em

You're like the modern day pitchforker.

I bet if you do your research, the BIS is working with Ripple.