Its official now XRP is SCALABLE over 50000 transactions per second

1 minute ago, XRPSlovenia said:

They overhauled their website!! this is madness (positive :) ). I can't imagine what they will be talking about in SWELL but this is something we were all waiting!!

FOMO to BEGIN AGAIN....:girl_cray2::girl_cray2:

3 minutes ago, Kaneki2390 said:

Its official now guys we are way past 1500 TPS now. seems we are going live pretty soon. way more TPS then visa or master card.

image.thumb.png.9ee1fb226786b494660b69981b46892e.png

Link : https://ripple.com/use-cases/digital-asset-exchanges/

I don't want to be the debbie downer in this thread but I believe there is some confusion over this number. 50,000 tx/s has been touted before. However, that number is produced when using already established high frequency payment channels. May be splitting hairs to some people, but an important difference. Please see this article:

https://steemit.com/ripple/@bsameep/ripple-xrp-introduces-payment-channel-to-match-visa-s-transaction-processing-volume

2 minutes ago, Bmatt44 said:

I don't want to be the debbie downer in this thread but I believe there is some confusion over this number. 50,000 tx/s has been touted before. However, that number is produced when using already established high frequency payment channels. May be splitting hairs to some people, but an important difference. Please see this article:

https://steemit.com/ripple/@bsameep/ripple-xrp-introduces-payment-channel-to-match-visa-s-transaction-processing-volume

Awwww damn I was thinking this was possibly the case for a second but I thought the number was 20k for payment channels ?

Edited by Triple

6 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Surely they will announce Cobalt as being live at SWELL? If not, why would they say 50,000 TPS on their website? 50K TPS requires Cobalt....it must be ready.  So...it looks like we will have both Cobalt and xRapid live in 2018. 

then the question remains...when $589?

It's just the number Ripple have tested / played around with that was previously known. It's likely that should Ripple meet their goals, the transactions on various payment channels might actually be more.

Just a few months ago, Ripple hadn't even started ANY work on Cobalt. I wouldn't expect any announcement around it in 2018. Ripple are currently focusing on something entirely different as you can see from their statements lately.

I hope at SWELL they announce that any member of RippleNet can interact with any other member without a bi-lateral relationship between them.

Edited by bm32533476

1 minute ago, Triple said:

Awwww damn I was thinking this was possibly the case for a second but I thought the number was 20k for payment channels ?

It's confusing to say the least, a lot of numbers are thrown around by the team in regards to tps. I've heard from 1,000 to 2,000 for on ledger transactions. Then the entire payment channel thing muddies the water.