Who's behind the dumps?

1 hour ago, Zerptime said:

Yes I know, was asking making a point he saying regulations will stop shorting! Lol

You are too cunning! Thought the implied reasoning was obvious but what will happen is regulation will indeed make it illegal for certain and obvious market behaviors and manipulations which will in turn put the big boys that are shorting now and making millions of dollars.... to an end..... boom!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly mate I think you need to relax a little. Not really, the price is hardly moving.  Zoom out from the hourly chart. Stop focusing on the big candles and notice all the tiny candle

To raise capital? To distribute the token more widely so to make it more attractive as an asset? To help pay their bills?  Another option is that they are trying to crash the price of something t

Shorting is legal. NAKED short selling is not. But who is to say who actually has possession of what when the exchanges can't keep their hamsters fed? And to be honest, I've considered many of th

1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

Hmm not exactly, options are a little different.

Shorting is literally just another word for selling. Shorting is one way of selling when you are trading an asset on a brokerage. 

Say for example you want to trade the EUR/USD market. One way is to literally buy and sell Euros as you think the price is going up or down. This way you trade only with the money you have and that's it. 

Another way is to trade on margin, where you borrow money from the broker to make your trades. If you trade CFDs, then you never actually OWN any of the currency or stock you are trading. You simply create a contract (Contract For Difference) saying you will buy at X dollars and will fulfil the contract at some point (where you either make or lose money). Shorting is literally just the opposite of this. You open a contract to buy 1000 XRP at $4, and then close the contract at $2. You just made $2000, but you never actually owned any xrp. All of that is done through the broker. 

There seems to be a kind of dirty image around shorting, I think because in the past people have made tons of money while others have lost tons of money, and because you are kinda betting on crashes. But that's all it is: speculating, gambling, betting, etc. 

Crypto regulation will no doubt put an end to some of the market manipulation. But regular joes like you and me will still be able to short btc or xrp if you think it's going down, and make some money. 

Due to lack of regulations surrounding this nascent market regarding exchanges specifically I think corruption runs rampant.  Don't you think their are parties who currently shorting this   market that will not be able to do so with certain regulations put in place (i.e. soon)?

1 hour ago, exodus3252 said:

What makes you think that short selling will be regulated out of crypto? Short selling is an extremely prominent investment tool in traditional markets. Short selling isn't going to be banned. The only thing that may be regulated in that sector are leverage limits and liquidity requirements.

It is obvious that I didn't get my point across very well.... my point is that this young crypto market is in the Wild Wild West stages.... lack of regulations make what would otherwise be considered "insider information" legal... with regulations, we all of a sudden have the possibility of prison time for anybody continuing along these paths... and therefor, those that were shorting the market with privy info..... won't do it again.... or maybe they will.... but can and will be made an example of....

Wild Wild West!!!!!

3 hours ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

Guys, there are some really tech savvy investigative people here. Is there any way to figure out the groups or even exchanges behind these pump and dumps.

I wonder if Ripple has a team that can monitor these groups? I know there was information on the BearWhale but this recent activity can't be her/him/them alone. There must be some serious muscle behind this activity. It worries me a little because they're not just accumulating. They seem to be trying to break XRP but I can't understand why. Why break an asset you own. Unless you're Jed? I can't figure out the motives. 

Is it coming out of Japan? Please share your findings here if any. Thanks!

I wish people would take 2 min before they yell that the sky is falling and take a look at sites like coinmarketcap or coingecko and look at the overall picture. The whole market is down. It's not just XRP, its everything. All the graphs look basically the same since Friday.

Like it or not, all crypto basically moves with BTC. There are some spikes and dips that don't run with it, but for the most part the trends follow the same pattern.

7 hours ago, pumpndump said:

Ripple sells 80 million a  month regardless of price why is that?

I got roached for asking the same question months ago in this forum. 

Seriously, why would such a small startup need to raise capital selling their XRP quarterly if they are signing up hundreds of institutions using their $$ multi-million $$ platform?

Years ago the entry price for their platform was $10M if I recall. 

Last quarter, Ripple cashed-in $72M USD worth of XRP; that’s approximately $1M per day.

Doesn’t make sense unless they’ve got some serious vices they’re funding with XRP.

To avoid scandal, they should show us where the money is being spent. 

19 minutes ago, Jugular said:

I got roached for asking the same question months ago in this forum. 

Seriously, why would such a small startup need to raise capital selling their XRP quarterly if they are signing up hundreds of institutions using their $$ multi-million $$ platform?

Years ago the entry price for their platform was $10M if I recall. 

Last quarter, Ripple cashed-in $72M USD worth of XRP; that’s approximately $1M per day.

Doesn’t make sense unless they’ve got some serious vices they’re funding with XRP.

To avoid scandal, they should show us where the money is being spent. 

They don't sell it to raise capital. They are selling it to institutions and using it to grow the XRP ecosystem. Ripple is making a lot of money. They don't need to sell it to stay afloat. They basically need to use it and get rid of it and put it to good use. They don't want to just keep hoarding it. 

6 hours ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

You are too cunning! Thought the implied reasoning was obvious but what will happen is regulation will indeed make it illegal for certain and obvious market behaviors and manipulations which will in turn put the big boys that are shorting now and making millions of dollars.... to an end..... boom!

Clearly you haven’t been trading in the markets. There won’t be any regulation on shorting so that the big boys will be making their millions.  

Regulation will be clearly for what type of asset Cryptocurrency will be, how they will be taxed since it is still up on the air.  

Shorting has has been a legal trading strategy which even hedge funds been usuing not just some dude with millions.  ?

6 hours ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Due to lack of regulations surrounding this nascent market regarding exchanges specifically I think corruption runs rampant.  Don't you think their are parties who currently shorting this   market that will not be able to do so with certain regulations put in place (i.e. soon)?

Yes I do think that. I think there are all sorts of things that will be stopped by regulation. That’s why I think this xrp move to the ATH might be the last cycle of pump and dump. After that crypto markets might move very differently. I have no idea what happens after we break the ATH.

2 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Yes I do think that. I think there are all sorts of things that will be stopped by regulation. That’s why I think this xrp move to the ATH might be the last cycle of pump and dump. After that crypto markets might move very differently. I have no idea what happens after we break the ATH.

I totally agree and I think we'll see several exchanges disappear as well. The other indirect effect of regulation is that once large institutions start entering the crypto market, the whales will become tiny players and won't be able to manipulate the market even if they were allowed to.

49 minutes ago, Jugular said:

Hoarding? I’m talking about Capital.

They’re not showing us where it’s going, so you’re telling me it’s about hoarding?

No.

Are you a share holder of Ripple? No! You're just a random guy who they don't know probably don't want to know who may or may not hold some XRP. Why the **** would they show you what they do with there capital gains from XRP?

What obligation  do they have towards you or any other speculative buyer / holder of their digital asset.

Answer: basically ZERO

Edited by Staigera
7 hours ago, ReXRP said:

I wish people would take 2 min before they yell that the sky is falling and take a look at sites like coinmarketcap or coingecko and look at the overall picture. The whole market is down. It's not just XRP, its everything. All the graphs look basically the same since Friday.

Like it or not, all crypto basically moves with BTC. There are some spikes and dips that don't run with it, but for the most part the trends follow the same pattern.

The sky isn't falling. It fell already in January ?.

This thread is meant to get ideas flowing. Who's behind market manipulation? It's real. It's happening. Who's doing it? Simple question that's very difficult to answer.

Edited by Guest