HazzaHat

I am tired of the price jumping up and down !

14 minutes ago, Skunkape said:

Im not a moderator and Im not the thought police. Do what you will. I’m giving you my view, which you asked for.

I am an avid reader and am very tired of seeing these venting threads; they add no value. 

If your goal is to ascertain the sentiment of others - that is abundantly clear outside of this post.

Anyway, good luck. I hope we all realize our goals.

Thank you. I had no idea you or anyone else would see my thread as venting and that it would contribute to making you tired of reading them. I do understand the feeling though because when I read certain subject lines or posts with certain comments or flavours I just have to avoid reading them. Posting in there would be a complete no-no because I would be so deflated reading something I might be finding trivial, boring or something I simply disagree with so I understand your sentiment on that.

I do still wish the market was far more stable though, similar to stocks and shares still having their ups and downs but not like the way this has been moving around recently.

Thank you for your comments.

4 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Hope usually is not the skill one needs most for smart investing

True but when I tried to examine, evaluate and calculate the market then selected various crypto to buy several years ago primarily because of their low cost I lost out on almost every coin because those investments are almost worthless. Several projects closed down, their blockchains dead and my investment gone.

At that same time those years ago when I invested in XRP I did nothing to examine, evaluate and calculate the market or research in to it. I just liked the logo design and low price and purchased in the hope it might make me wealthy. Little did I know that the investment would several years later be on the verge of making me phenomenally wealthy.

You are right, hope is not the skill one needs most for smart investing. When I tried smart investing I lost virtually all my investment but when I applied no evaluation or calculation and simply invested on the basis of the low price and nice looking XRP logo, that one investment means life is so much better. All of my lost investments have been recovered with plenty of money as profit too.

Having said that, the formula I applied was the same throughout, it was to examine, evaluate and calculate the market then buy those with low prices and nice looking logos and with good developers. One of those investments (XRP) years ago, an investment I did not even research turned in to a goldmine for me but the others turned in to a waste of time, energy and money. I had hoped that all my investments would become successful but will settle for just the one, I guess the hope did it or me :)

55 minutes ago, HazzaHat said:

True but when I tried to examine, evaluate and calculate the market then selected various crypto to buy several years ago primarily because of their low cost I lost out on almost every coin because those investments are almost worthless. Several projects closed down, their blockchains dead and my investment gone.

At that same time those years ago when I invested in XRP I did nothing to examine, evaluate and calculate the market or research in to it. I just liked the logo design and low price and purchased in the hope it might make me wealthy. Little did I know that the investment would several years later be on the verge of making me phenomenally wealthy.

You are right, hope is not the skill one needs most for smart investing. When I tried smart investing I lost virtually all my investment but when I applied no evaluation or calculation and simply invested on the basis of the low price and nice looking XRP logo, that one investment means life is so much better. All of my lost investments have been recovered with plenty of money as profit too.

Having said that, the formula I applied was the same throughout, it was to examine, evaluate and calculate the market then buy those with low prices and nice looking logos and with good developers. One of those investments (XRP) years ago, an investment I did not even research turned in to a goldmine for me but the others turned in to a waste of time, energy and money. I had hoped that all my investments would become successful but will settle for just the one, I guess the hope did it or me :)

Another one on my ignore list. 

3 hours ago, Kavabata said:

Now we're goin' up again cP8Bpyi7

Ripple began a spectacular pump that begin on 18th September and continued until hitting a major high at 0.7860. Since then, price had a violent upside wick, which then made price have a down move again. Price then tanked, losing almost 50% of it's up move within just several days. Since this, price is now supporting on the 50 moving average... Finally, a logical place to start looking for long positions. You cannot find longs in the down move, and you should NEVER chase the upside once it's ran away, so if I was to start looking for a trade opportunity, this would be the time to do so now, providing that certain conditions were met for this. 

Ripple is now supporting on the 50 moving average, and supporting perfectly on the 0.5 fibonacci retracement . Now, what are the conditions for a buy? There's 2 scenarios... 

1) Wait for Ripple to break the resistance zone/20 moving average as resistance at 0.5450, and wait for it to retest the side-wards resistance and the 20 moving averages as support. Once it confirms it's tested successfully on these 2 indicators, you can proceed with along with an upside potential of 0.7830, which would coincide with structure resistance from May highs. 

2) Price corrects before breaking the side-wards resistance and the 20 moving average once again before coming to the downside to once again retest the 50 moving average. Once it hits the 50 moving average, if it shows compelling signs of reversal then you can long, with targets of the resistance line itself at 0.5450, or the upper target at 0.7830. 

Bear in mind that The first scenario is significantly more bullish than scenario 2. also, scenario 2 is more risky as price shows the bulls aren't persistent in keeping price higher, and a move to the side-wards resistance line would be the only logical target, with the upside target probabilities being significantly diminished. 

Thank you for your insightful post. I hope all those holding XRP manage to get a good return whenever they decide to sell up.

4 hours ago, HazzaHat said:

One of those investments (XRP) years ago, an investment I did not even research turned in to a goldmine for me but t

Congrats.  You were fortunate to have massive returns on your initial xrp “investment” years ago. !  

Depending on your stack size I can see why you would want something more stable, but this space is anything but that.  I maintain that you are an alpha investor, also low volatility gains/losses may happen long run with XRP or others, but obviously not at the moment.  The potential for a wild ride is there for you or any of us.m now and going forward.

On 9/24/2018 at 7:23 AM, HazzaHat said:

I am getting tired of this instability, to go up and like in price the way it does does not give confidence in any way to anybody.

The latest spike over these three days sadly just shows the bad side of things and only projects the image of guessing the best prices when trying buy and when trying to sell for short term investors. Yes the long term holders and investors would not be interested in selling or panic selling or short term selling so they would not be affected or tempted but instability really does not help.

I wish the markets would mature to the point where these volatile scenarios are a thing of the past. What are your views?

is this a ******* joke

4 hours ago, Excerpts said:

Congrats.  You were fortunate to have massive returns on your initial xrp “investment” years ago. !  

Depending on your stack size I can see why you would want something more stable, but this space is anything but that.  I maintain that you are an alpha investor, also low volatility gains/losses may happen long run with XRP or others, but obviously not at the moment.  The potential for a wild ride is there for you or any of us.m now and going forward.

Thank you :)

I am ready and holding on for the wild ride, might even be looking forward to it too. Let us see where this takes us in the coming weeks. I have great hopes attached to XRP

. At that same time those years ago when I invested in XRP I did nothing to examine, evaluate and calculate the market or research in to it. I just liked the logo design and low price and purchased in the hope it might make me wealthy.       

I found bitcoin as a sideway curiosity from another stock I was holding (they wanted to start “something in Bitcoin”, a thing I never had heard about back then in 2012) and started searching and reading and felt on a site called ripplescam.org - While meant as FUD it remarkable explained very well the key differences with Bitcoin and from the very first moment it was there where I understood all the fundamental advantages of Ripple. Did some testing and “XRP-mining” on “computing for good” and after reading a few comments of Jed David and Arthur (and others) on the official forum @ ripple.com , I decided to swap ALL my stock for XRP... No regrets as far because I sold 40% for €1.2 on average last december what made my XRP investment forever green with a gain of about 20x on the total cost and .... still having 60% of the initial XRP holdings. Besides that, what I even like more here is how they are buiding on a financial infrastructure that REALLY can/will improve financial inclusion on a global scale. And that would even be the greatest win...  

4 hours ago, kanaas said:

I found bitcoin as a sideway curiosity from another stock I was holding (they wanted to start “something in Bitcoin”, a thing I never had heard about back then in 2012) and started searching and reading and felt on a site called ripplescam.org - While meant as FUD it remarkable explained very well the key differences with Bitcoin and from the very first moment it was there where I understood all the fundamental advantages of Ripple. Did some testing and “XRP-mining” on “computing for good” and after reading a few comments of Jed David and Arthur (and others) on the official forum @ ripple.com , I decided to swap ALL my stock for XRP... No regrets as far because I sold 40% for €1.2 on average last december what made my XRP investment forever green with a gain of about 20x on the total cost and .... still having 60% of the initial XRP holdings. Besides that, what I even like more here is how they are buiding on a financial infrastructure that REALLY can/will improve financial inclusion on a global scale. And that would even be the greatest win...

Amazing how you entered the market, found XRP and never looked back. Your story sounds great because you have no regrets at all. You found Bitcoin as sideways curiosity and then found Ripple later on. I found several coins and then found XRP but back then I was wildly purchasing so many just going with the over-inflated hype. With the exception of purchasing XRP "back in the early days" and maybe a couple of investments in others I made later I probably lost out on them all. Thankfully the returns on the XRP alone have given excellent returns though I still have not sold any so the wealth is on paper only.

Did you ever calculate what your Bitcoin stock would have been worth today if you did not exchange? Or what it would have been worth at the time to the exchange versus the XRP value to calculate which would have made you more money as of today? I hope you manage to sell more of your stock at a time that is of your choosing to maximise your returns.

Congratulations :)

Edited by HazzaHat

I am tired of the price jumping up and down !

Me too. The market seems to be dominated by day traders and P&D whale groups in action.

Pretty annoying because they suppress the asset's actual value and give a **** on fundamentals.

We need institutional money to flow in and we need it now.

8 minutes ago, Karl said:

Me too. The market seems to be dominated by day traders and P&D whale groups in action.

Pretty annoying because they suppress the asset's actual value and give a **** on fundamentals.

Institutional money could make for very high peaks, but don't forget that whales and big entities are not only going to longing these assets. There is sure to be plenty of shorts that will in turn still cause volatility.

35 minutes ago, Karl said:

The whales who pump and dump along with the day traders you refer to are out to make money so they try to make as much as they can. The long term holders are the only ones that seem to have any sentiment on fundamentals. We will have to wait and see this play out. It will be interesting how this pump and dump is carried out when XRP hits a stable $1, $5 and $10 milestones or if it eventually becomes the base currency overtaking Bitcoin.