Sign in to follow this  
BeSeriousXRP

What if @swell xRapid is already live...

19 minutes ago, BeSeriousXRP said:

Some people hope that at Swell is going to be anounced that XRapid IS already live with serveral institutions. But. If that is true. Then this is IT. $0,58 is the moon. Won't it? 

Ripple doesn't just flip a switch and banks are using XRapid. Moving from Xcurrent to XRapid is that easy from a technical stand point as per comments DS made but Ripple still has to convince banks to use their product. For example, I could make a new website with great content but unless I put work in getting people to visit it, I won't make a cent. Creating it is half the battle, now they have to convince banks, remit providers etc to adopt. 

38 minutes ago, BeSeriousXRP said:

Some people hope that at Swell is going to be anounced that XRapid IS already live with serveral institutions. But. If that is true. Then this is IT. $0,58 is the moon. Won't it? 

Gross simplification at best. Ripple is keeping several cards hidden.  They are too smart to let all of it out at once.

Having a large scale software product like xRapid goes live is different from having iphone XS available to sell in the Apple Store.

You need banks to implement this solution, even if they have been running on xCurrent, you still need development, testing, volume testing, performance testing, integration with your existing bank solutions, marketing, promotion and production support team setup, training etc. 

So, no, even if it goes live on Swell, the volume will not appear like iphone XS is put on sale in the Apple Store. You need to be patient and wait.

9 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

Having a large scale software product like xRapid goes live is different from having iphone XS available to sell in the Apple Store.

You need banks to implement this solution, even if they have been running on xCurrent, you still need development, testing, volume testing, performance testing, integration with your existing bank solutions, marketing, promotion and production support team setup, training etc. 

So, no, even if it goes live on Swell, the volume will not appear like iphone XS is put on sale in the Apple Store. You need to be patient and wait.

Absolutely agree, it would be great to see how Ripple propose a standard integration lifecycle to their (potential) customers. The FI's legacy payment systems that hook into Ripple are not homogeneous, some FI's may use a software product, some have self-developed systems. How long a project may take until go-live is dependent on the technology, people, capability and mindset of executives and technologists, and how fast they can make the relevant decisions. I would suggest projects lifecycles up to 2 years until fully supporting business operations. This is a big change in FI's operating model and won't come overnight. 

9 hours ago, BeSeriousXRP said:

Assuming that this pump was due to xRapid usage, then this is just a taste of what's to come.

xRapid is a production ready platform, with a small fraction of the overall cross border market share. We can then assume that when more FI's integrate xRapid, we'll see more volume and demand for XRP. 

Furthermore, the FI's currently utilizing xRapid have not even tapped into the full potential of the technology. It may take some time for the right circumstances to arise that optimizes the flow of money via xRapid, and it will be a collaborative effort on behalf of those FI's that partake in that ecosystem. 

14 minutes ago, cryptoman said:

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/

This is not a pump due to xrapid.  You can clearly see the payment volume is much lower than the trade volume.

But xRapid uses trade volume. Payment volume is individuals transferring XRP from wallet to another wallet. xRapid converts fiat to XRP and back to fiat. It's using exchanges and LPs for that exchange, thus trading volume.

xRapid going live does NOT mean banks around the world going live with it.

What it means is more comfort and assurance for the banks that the product they've got the option of using to move their millions of dollars is complete, safe, not some testbed.

1 hour ago, retryW said:

xRapid going live does NOT mean banks around the world going live with it.

What it means is more comfort and assurance for the banks that the product they've got the option of using to move their millions of dollars is complete, safe, not some testbed.

I think you will find some will.

30 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

I think you will find some will.

I have no doubt there will be banks using it on launch, but xRapid going live doesn't mean a huge amount of them, nor does it mean we have the liquidity currently to perform xRapid txs over $100 safely.

It is a huge milestone, and I have no doubt it may have an impact on price, but even if it's live now, it makes perfect sense that the price still hasn't 'mooned'.

Sign in to follow this