Mark555

What's The Best Way To Buy XRP Without Using Kraken?

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kanaas said:

Yep, seems largely unfair to Gatehub....

And Poloniex, and Ripplefox, and Rippex, and ...

Just now, tulo said:

And Poloniex, and Ripplefox, and Rippex, and ...

Are these all properly regulated, licenced, etc in the relevant geographical area?

Rippex looks like it serves the Brazilian market, which could be interesting for the poster who specified Latin America as their location.

Poloniex is "considered to be" sketchy – not saying it is, but my gut says to stay away plus they have so many coins, that annoying chatbox... I dunno, it's not well focused. Volumes are good despite that though, so...

Ripplefox looks China based? Not sure. Looks like they run other Ripple related services.

I think Bitstamp and Gatehub stand out in terms of transparency, quality of tech/UX/support, licencing, etc. But might not matter if the user can't access them.

Ripple really need to partner with a reliable and international licenced retailer of XRP! :)

1 minute ago, rippledigital said:

Are these all properly regulated, licenced, etc in the relevant geographical area?

Rippex looks like it serves the Brazilian market, which could be interesting for the poster who specified Latin America as their location.

Poloniex is "considered to be" sketchy – not saying it is, but my gut says to stay away plus they have so many coins, that annoying chatbox... I dunno, it's not well focused. Volumes are good despite that though, so...

Ripplefox looks China based? Not sure. Looks like they run other Ripple related services.

I think Bitstamp and Gatehub stand out in terms of transparency, quality of tech/UX/support, licencing, etc. But might not matter if the user can't access them.

Ripple really need to partner with a reliable and international licenced retailer of XRP! :)

Kraken is exactly in the same position of Poloniex, just with way less volumes...but still.

3 minutes ago, tulo said:

Kraken is exactly in the same position of Poloniex, just with way less volumes...but still.

Yeah, I'm personally put off using them by some of the founder's past comments about Jed/Ripple, but also because it looks like it has historically served the US market (it might serve the EU now I don't know, I won't be using it anyway as I'm happy with Gatehub despite low liquidity).

This thread, is really useful btw. I feel like there are a LOT of new users out there looking to get simply hold of some XRP and it's totally overwhelming and confusing to them (let alone trying to explain Ripple in general!). Not to mention the confusion around a gateway-as-exchange versus a non-Ripple exchange – yeesh. And since a lot of this is about trusting institutions with your money, there need to be more "officially sanctioned" avenues to purchasing it. I don't care so much about the traders; they have a level of technical understanding anyway.

I realize XRP isn't a consumer facing product, but still... jeez!

tulo likes this