Mark555

What's The Best Way To Buy XRP Without Using Kraken?

27 posts in this topic

Easiest way is to make an account at Bitstamp or Poloniex. Then deposit BTC and trade for XRP.

Even shapeshift is a nice option.

Byrd likes this

1 hour ago, Mark555 said:

I'm in latin america

@Mark555 In LatinAmerica you can use "SurBTC" that accepts Chilean, Peruvian and Colombian Currency.

Steps

1. Buy Bitcoins with your local currency using SurBTC

2. Buy Ripple with Bitcoins. I recommend you "Changelly" (it's more easy)

Edited by rippleman

Mark555, Morty and rippledigital like this

40 minutes ago, tulo said:

Easiest way is to make an account at Bitstamp or Poloniex. Then deposit BTC and trade for XRP.

Even shapeshift is a nice option.

I signed up with Poloniex. How do you deposit BTC using a credit card with USD's as your currency

1 minute ago, Mark555 said:

I signed up with Poloniex. How do you deposit BTC using a credit card with USD's as your currency

Oh, with credit card? I thought you had already some BTC.

Best way is to buy BTC with credit card (for example Bitstamp, but there are many more) and then use Shapeshift.

15 minutes ago, tulo said:

Oh, with credit card? I thought you had already some BTC.

Best way is to buy BTC with credit card (for example Bitstamp, but there are many more) and then use Shapeshift.

OK so I shouldnt sign up with Poloniex?

Here's an alternative I have had a good experience with. Sign up at gatehub.net, get verified, send wire transfer to gatehub account, buy xrp. Gatehub has a wallet, but if you want a cold wallet you're on your own (feel free to check the wallet resources page on xrpchat). I have had a positive experience using gatehub. It was fast and easy for me. Good luck!

37 minutes ago, rootvegetable said:

Here's an alternative I have had a good experience with. Sign up at gatehub.net, get verified, send wire transfer to gatehub account, buy xrp. Gatehub has a wallet, but if you want a cold wallet you're on your own (feel free to check the wallet resources page on xrpchat). I have had a positive experience using gatehub. It was fast and easy for me. Good luck!

Can you use your cerdit card to buy xrp at Gatehub?

30 minutes ago, Mark555 said:

Can you use your cerdit card to buy xrp at Gatehub?

Bet bet for using a CC is to buy BTC on Coinbase.  They will want a scan of your drivers license, utility bill, photo of you holding the drivers license, all that good shit, then easy to use.  In Poloneix there will be a list of currencies and you can generate a bitcoin address for you to deposit it too.  Will take about an hour or 2 for the transaction to take place.  The purchase of BTCs on Coinbase can be instant or up to a week depending on how many you buy.  Once the BTCs are in the polo account you can  trade for XRPs or whatever other currency you want.  There are many many of them on polo.

Depending on what state you live in, assuming you live in the USA, you might or might not be able to open an account on Coinbase.

Another thing to note, since it has been a couple of years since I used Coinbase since they stopped service in my state.  They wanted me to have a credit card as an alternate payment form.  Not a debit card, but a credit card.  I did not have one, and had to go and get one for that.  Like I said it has been a few years since I used Coinbase, so things may have changed.

Edited by Greeny

Mark555 likes this

@Mark555 If I'm not mistaken, when you buy XRP at Poloniex you will be buying XRP IOU's, not XRP on the Ripple Consensus Ledger. This means your XRP will be subject to centralized (or at least private) systems and procedures of Poloniex. At Gatehub you can hold XRP on the ledger or in a Gatehub hosted wallet (more similar to Polo). I'm no authority on this, but you should research it. 

Be sure to enable 2 Factor Authentication wherever you store/buy your BTC/XRP. For storage you can also search the forum here for "Cold Wallets". Here's a link: 

I'm also in the U.S. and buy BTC from Coinbase using CC or ACH then transfer the BTC to Gatehub Fifth where you can trade the BTC for XRP. 
Another option is buy BTC from Coinbase and use Shapeshift to convert them to XRP that's sent to your Gatehub wallet. 

Figuring this stuff out for the first time is a pain.

Edited by Xi195
link

Mark555 likes this

You can buy with your creditcard at www. coinhouse.io   to buy btc, then i send it to gatehub.net btc wallet to convert it in Ripple coins 

Edited by Woestekip

You could use https://www.therocktrading.com/ to deposit euro/dollar and then exchange them directly to XRP, without the need of converting them first to BTC.

edit. Sorry, didn't notice you wanted to use credit card. This option doesn't accept credit card.

Edited by Aapeli