Coil and XRPChat

2 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

End people not gonna pay for a forum when countless of other forum are free and/or people will just end up paying moonboys instead of a rational discussion

Users not gonna pay anything, admin simply has to insert a piece of code in the header and Coil donates the site for every visitor's time spent on here.

7 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

Why would people pay every month for this site? it will be used by a small niche of people and I doubt the holders here would want to let go of their xrp

YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!

Users don't have to pay a cent. The money is donated by Coil. At least that's their current biz model. No clue whether this is sustainable.

1 minute ago, Zerptime said:

Donated? What? You have to pay a fee every month. Coil is not a charity

Oh boy please don't talk about stuff you're not properly informed about.

Coil donations are voluntary, you can support them with a monthly $5 subscription. This is all voluntary and has no effect on their Web-Monetization payouts.

Yes, currently Coil is a kind of charity, that's why I wonder whether this approach is sustainable. Of course it will change over time.

I reckon it's safe to say that Coil got a substantial amount of XRP in their war chest for such marketing purposes.

10 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

Why would people pay every month for this site? it will be used by a small niche of people and I doubt the holders here would want to let go of their xrp

It's not a monthly payment, it's based on how much content you're consuming (and contributing), and you don't have to use anything if you don't want to.

There is a flat monthly subscription for Coil, though. That's how Coil works currently.

The argument you're making could largely apply to any site - Twitter, for example. I'm not really sure what your point is?