XRPwinning

Calling in support from my fellow Zerpers! Trade straight from Ledger Nano wallet

On 9/24/2018 at 1:48 PM, Sukrim said:

The ledger (ledger hardware wallet) software is written in C, not C#. I agree that it would be nice to have, but I don't see how you plan to finance this? This is far from trivial or cheap, so "chop chop" - shell out some dough or write it yourself!

Skipping through the code it seems to only assume a single transaction type for example.

Don't you think that is a little rude to ask him how he is financing it? Can't you just be happy he is trying to do something to help us? Sorry but I can't find anything helpful you have written there...

On 10/1/2018 at 1:56 PM, petke9 said:

Excuse my ignorance here.

If I understand you correctly, you want someone to update the source for the firmware at https://github.com/LedgerHQ/ledger-app-xrp/tree/master/src to support OfferCreate (so you can then use that functionality from a javascript frontend app)?

If someone did that then how would one go about installing the modified firmware on the nano ledger? Can users install it themselves, or does the modified source have to be approved by LedgetHQ?

No ignorance at all. Pull request would need to be approved by Ledger and rolled out after testing.

and yeah your dead on. Just need the hardware to support parsing the OfferCreate transaction type.

as far as testing it on your own emulator or device while developing the pull request for Ledger is where I’m falling short. Not much response from Ledger since they are busy with developing Ledger Live which should have trading support eventually. Which means I’ll have what I need for my own UI.

I took a break for now. People hardly understand the benefits of what I’m building or Stellar X as well. Maybe another year education will catch up 

Stellar X has Ledger support and I’m already trading for free straight from my hardware. So I’m pretty happy since I can do what I set out to build myself. Only difference is XLM is the native asset of the DEX instead of XRP

Edited by XRPwinning

22 hours ago, stevo7790 said:

Don't you think that is a little rude to ask him how he is financing it? Can't you just be happy he is trying to do something to help us? Sorry but I can't find anything helpful you have written there...

Really appreciate your sensible and constructive words. Thanks man

1 minute ago, stevo7790 said:

I for one would use this, and the UI looks really slick :D so I am all for this!

I really like to hear that. I just keep telling myself if nobody else uses it I'm gonna use it so screw it, lets start building. Its great to know other people see the potential here!

Glad you like the UI! When I have it live on Codius I would appreciate any feedback on the UX/UI ?