Sign in to follow this  
Strovu

Remember SWELL 2017 on october 16-18???

27 minutes ago, lucky said:

swell last year was an embarresment

I totally disagree. I think last year's Swell was pivotal in earning Ripple both notice and respect for what they were offering. Everyone who held xrp was overly impatient, imho, in that they could only focus on any news that was gonna propel the price skyward - limited vision. The connections and deals that were initiated there, we'll never know, but they were likely critical to their success over the long haul. The Ripple team has been nothing short of focused and effective in bringing their vision to fruition, but people quickly forget how long it takes to transform even a brilliant idea into a paradigm changing reality.  

13 minutes ago, WuWei said:

I totally disagree. I think last year's Swell was pivotal in earning Ripple both notice and respect for what they were offering. Everyone who held xrp was overly impatient, imho, in that they could only focus on any news that was gonna propel the price skyward - limited vision. The connections and deals that were initiated there, we'll never know, but they were likely critical to their success over the long haul. The Ripple team has been nothing short of focused and effective in bringing their vision to fruition, but people quickly forget how long it takes to transform even a brilliant idea into a paradigm changing reality.  

oh yes, I completely agree. I should have added: was embarrasment for xrp investor (outsider), in the way they presented themselves to the outside word as an organisation that was less capable of getting decent recordings than my neighbours wedding. then they invited Vitalik with no clear agenda, which he used to shill Ethereum.. and panel members expressing no interest in XRP... the appearance of the venue itself... Jed stealing their thunder... it really was a sh*tshow.

2 hours ago, Strovu said:

Do you think it will crash after swell like last year?

image.thumb.png.2efdb3fefea0e7efdf39c321c78a268f.png

1.  Yes

2.   No

3.   Maybe

Hope this helps your understanding of what drives any speculative market, be it in tulip bulbs or xrp: 

fear and greed (but not necessarily in that order)

Patience.  That's the thing.  Patience.

1 hour ago, Inruin said:

That was the reason for the price drop. I think people were expecting some major news like coinbase adding XRP. Hopefully, they have some positive news.

Maybe bill will announce a new token called  Monicacoin. 

Hope it doesn't get stuck in his throat when he is announcing!:biggrin:

Edited by WhentheBoat_ComesIn

Last years Swell was very different. The countdown, Brad garlighouse who said that he has a cat in the bag... This year, nobody is awaiting any anounecement... my guess is the XRapid annoucement later in october or november will end this bull run.

1 hour ago, Strovu said:

Ok since no one reply yet I'll answer to myself: I think it will just stay stable. I guess that the announcement will be that 2 or 3 banks are using xRapid, it's a beginning and in 2 or 3 years we'll have a decent xRapid network if all goes well. Something around those lines... Nothing to skyrocket after swell...

It may go to 1$ on swell fisrt day and then just stabilize around 0,90$.

That's my speculation around this boom. Last year it raised for ten days before Swell and lost all gain during Swell because there was nothing special after that famous count down...

When is Swell this year? October 1st? We may be wayyyy past $.90 or $1.00 by then. Not getting cocky but just saying there's a good chance.

I guess I remember the context a bit differently.  Can't be sure on your graph, but I remember last summer leading up to swell as mostly sideways price movement with a small letdown after swell, not a ramp up into swell and a crash after. 

Sign in to follow this