Sign in to follow this  
2ndtimearound

Is xRapid ALREADY live?

Perhaps, but I guarantee they sure didn't put almost a billion dollars through it today. The liquidity just isn't high enough for xRapid usage on that level yet. Today's massive rally was speculation driven, IMO, with a tad bit of FOMO thrown in for good measure once the price got going.

As a "day trader" I won't trade only for this reasons :

1/ I think price goes at least 0.50 before Swell due to xRapid confirmation or rumors (Of course I hope it already started) ;

2/ Day Trading in this kind of situation is a joke : no TA, nothing to compare.

Do you remember that last year XRP was the one that drives all ALTS to Bull Run.

This is mega cool. Every morning is beautiful. We waited for that Soooooo loooooong.

I wish you all to enjoy, look often at the price and told yourself : I deserv it :p

45 minutes ago, Thomas666 said:

Do you remember that last year XRP was the one that drives all ALTS to Bull Run.

I think we were late to that party. I distinctly remember litecoin going to 350+ well before our run started, many others as well. Or did you mean the mid year run?

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

This was something mentioned in Alex Cobb's stream....that Ripple may have "soft launched" xRapid already, hence these price pumps.  If there was a mess up with xRapid going live, they can fix it behind the scenes.  Nothing worse than announcing xRapid going live and then there's a problem.  The press would be all over it. 

My feeling is that they want to have xRapid live before Swell - it would transform the event.  Think about it - if xRapid is not live before Swell, it just makes everyone focused on "will they announce xRapid's go live date?".   Make it live before Swell, and they can celebrate xRapid going live successfully. The mood goes from "will they announce the date?" to a celebration.  It also means they can get all kinds of other messages across at Swell without xRapid's go-live date preoccupying everyone. 

So...they soft launch xRapid, iron out any production-live issues, and then officially announce it either before Swell or at the start of Swell. 

And let's now savour this thought: if xRapid is live, just look at what it's done to the price! It's pumped the price by 70% in a few days. 

I was thinking the same, they did launch xrapid in order to avoid the price speculation, so their main customers can charge their wallet with zerpies  at a low price  and sabrer le champagne !!!

@2ndtimearound i like your reasoning. such a high profile tech like xrapid needs to be flawless upon production launch, so it makes sense for a softlaunch. plus, i think the silent operations with SBI in Aug was a pre-test for this. holy crap i sure hope this is the case

Edited by orcablue

9 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

This was something mentioned in Alex Cobb's stream....that Ripple may have "soft launched" xRapid already, hence these price pumps.  If there was a mess up with xRapid going live, they can fix it behind the scenes.  Nothing worse than announcing xRapid going live and then there's a problem.  The press would be all over it. 

My feeling is that they want to have xRapid live before Swell - it would transform the event.  Think about it - if xRapid is not live before Swell, it just makes everyone focused on "will they announce xRapid's go live date?".   Make it live before Swell, and they can celebrate xRapid going live successfully. The mood goes from "will they announce the date?" to a celebration.  It also means they can get all kinds of other messages across at Swell without xRapid's go-live date preoccupying everyone. 

So...they soft launch xRapid, iron out any production-live issues, and then officially announce it either before Swell or at the start of Swell. 

And let's now savour this thought: if xRapid is live, just look at what it's done to the price! It's pumped the price by 70% in a few days. 

I don't think that is the case,  they have been testing Xrapids for 2 years with their customers in a non-production environment and may have tested in a live production environment which we may not have known...

Sign in to follow this