yxxyun

Account Sequence: the difference between XRP Ledger and Stellar

Yes, this is one solution for replay.

stellar have some good design, eg multi-operations in one transaction (I like this).

and many operation in stellar have more certainty than XRP ledger, eg stellar don't support partial payment( but I don't like this change).

on XRP ledger we can create "fake offers", eg we have 10XRP but we can create an offer to sell 10000XRP, but this is forbidden after latest stellar upgrade(but I don't like this change).

I think ripple will not follow, it seems ripple is avoid being associated with stellar and they have different ideas.

Edited by yxxyun

Yeah, Ripple seems to have focused a lot on getting some fancy new features in there (PayChan, Escrow, Checks, SusPay...) while Stellar seems more limited but expanding what one can do inside that limited set of actions.

I wouldn't called partially funded offers "fake" (especially since requiring funded offers restricts available liquidity/market depth quite a bit) and I also hope that Ripple starts looking at other systems for some nice features - including Stellar.

I think both have nice features.

XRPL seems more related to banks integration (Checks, Escrows, ...) while Stellar on standard users.

I also like the decreased Reserves in Stellar and I wonder if that can be bad for them (maybe they don't have too many accounts and lines for now). Probably with slower closing ledger time they save a bit on the storage and can request lower reserves.

4 minutes ago, tulo said:

To keep on topic I think the same as @yxxyun, they did that for the account delete which I personally like a lot, and I think @Sukrim's SSD would like that too :) 

No, deleting accounts doesn't change history, so only RAM will like it, not SSDs. 😉

1 minute ago, Sukrim said:

No, deleting accounts doesn't change history, so only RAM will like it, not SSDs. 😉

Why not? From the moment an account is deleted you don't have to save it anymore...isn't it? Or is it sort of incremental?

30 minutes ago, tulo said:

Why not? From the moment an account is deleted you don't have to save it anymore...isn't it? Or is it sort of incremental?

If someone asks something about a ledger back when it existed, it still has to be there.

You are reducing the current state, but you can't change history on a blockchain.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:49 PM, Sukrim said:

We could immediately see invariant failures if for example the total_coins field in https://developers.ripple.com/ledger-header.html would be enforced to be correct.

You mean the 65K? I wondered if they'd rather gloss over it for the sake of the code working the same across ledger instances.