BruceWhale

US Banking Giant PNC Becomes Latest to Adopt Ripple's xCurrent

19 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

While the bank will start by using xCurrent, Birla hopes to ultimately help them begin working with Ripple's xRapid platform as well, he said.

"With PNC, the idea is to get a few corridors lit up with xCurrent … When they're ready to start talking about emerging markets, we'll introduce them to xRapid. We're working to get them started with xCurrent so it's not a completely new feature to move to xRapid," he explained.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ that part in particular!!  YAY PNC!  PITTTTTTSBURGHHHHHHH!!!!!  

"PNC Bank, a top ten bank in the United States, has joined RippleNet. PNC customers will be able to receive real-time cross-border payments. With more than 8 million customers and retail branches in 19 states, PNC has a diverse set of customers, including consumers, small businesses and large corporates. Ripple’s technology will have an immediate impact on each of those groups, enabling PNC’s commercial clients to receive payments from overseas banks in real time."

https://ripple.com/insights/pnc-bank-embraces-blockchain-and-joins-ripplenet/

Edited by TokenBaby

This is great news! PNC is huge. Maybe these new banks that sign say they are using X Current in the announcements, but may be planning to use both X Current and X Rapid. It would keep speculation to a minimum and keep the price of XRP stable for their fellow bank cronies that are still getting situated.

Edited by dvdman

PNC Bank has in the past couple of years been on the forefront of technology driven processes. Doesn't surprise me that they are leading this charge. Hopefully others will be moved into the 21st century kicking and screaming when they see the competition doing something like this.

*Full disclaimer - I used to work for them.

"With more than 8 million customers and retail branches in 19 states, PNC has a diverse set of customers, including consumers, small businesses and large corporates. Ripple’s technology will have an immediate impact on each of those groups, enabling PNC’s commercial clients to receive payments from overseas banks in real time."

why ripple has to use hype words, they don't have a blockchain it's a ledger (correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly Sukrim got p*ssed several time about this, ) and the article is about ripplenet.

Edited by kenrino