Still1

You Can Now Accept XRP on YouTube and Twitch

Strange that various other use cases have popped-up so soon.  Either Ripple has the Xrapid thing in the bag with the FIs, banks in particular and they have moved on to other use cases, or the banks aren't biting because of volatility, regulatory uncertainty, plus law suits, and so Xrapid will sit on the back burner for quite some time in terms of general adoption. I tend to believe the latter particularly when Garlinghose has been emphasizing the "peanut butter manifesto" use-case approach with Ripple focusing solely on cross-border use case for so long - why bother with other use cases until the cross-border use-case including Xrapid is definitely in the bag? Maybe they've done all they can with that use-case and now it's up to FIs to decided if and when they want to use those tools available to them for that purpose, including Xrapid.

Edited by enrique11
Correction

I read on this forum that the Ripple website section of "Partners" was down due to a 404 error.  Some suspect that it was to update the list of partnership with more.

*LONG READ, but I think you could use the positivity*

I'm going to to go with your first option, that they already have Xrapid in the bag with the FIs, banks in particular.  Sagar Sarbhai of Ripple pretty much said so.  He is the Head of Government and Regulatory Relations for Ripple, dealing with governments, central banks, and global policy makers, specifically across Asia Pacific and the Middle East.  (Taken from his linkedin).  Would be a pretty bold move to say "we will be launching a cryptocurrency product in the next month or so" AND mentioning that banks used XRP as a digital asset and "loved" it in a test.

In terms of the bullish news, I think that this is all to just share with the public.  The big stuff, such as stating the release of Xrapid (which they have stated would be in Q4 of 2018) is saved for the right time.  BTC is in a huge bearflag, and until it breaks above ~7,500, it'll just keep XRP down MOMENTARILY.  Eventually, all will rise again, but the timing needs to be right for XRP to really reach crazy highs.

I remember so vividly how everyone said that BTC would reach 20k and crash to 4k, 4k, 4k, over and over and over again....and it happened.  The same feels are coming when everyone is saying XRP to $10, $50, $589!  The timing has to be right.  Just imagine all this though:

• Bitcoin reaching some sort of bottom...I suspect a true bottom at ~$4,500 which could drive XRP to ~0.18-0.19 cents, BUT...it broke the downtrend, so the chances of this happening is less likely than not (for XRP to hit .18 - .19 cents...but if it could, I would love it...buy, buy, buy!)
  • XRP breaks out of a falling wedge pattern on the daily, yesterday. Bullish.
  • XRP breaks out of a downtrend in Satoshi. Very bullish.
  • News comes...money is flowing in...bank deals...partnerships...now comes speculations: what KIND of partnerships...?
  • PRE-LAST YEAR'S BULLRUN PRICES!!! BIG DEAL!
  • SAME TIME AS LAST YEAR BEFORE THE BULLRUN.
  • Finally, SWIFT conference....what will they announce?
  • Absolutely final, people's emotions are edgey.  They are ready and waiting, biting their finger nails to see a coin jump 100%+ again.  They're waiting for it.  FOMO will spread when XRP runs.  It's how the markets work.

At this point...I'm very bullish on XRP.  I think if we hold through and wait until the end of this year and the beginning of the next year, we will be very, very happy people.

If you want some TA views, let me know.  I am more technical than I am fundamental, but I am learning to be both because that helps alot...and it made me buy in right before this nice run we had.  Woohoo! :)

1 hour ago, enrique11 said:

Strange that various other use cases have popped-up so soon.  Either Ripple has the Xrapid thing in the bag with the FIs, banks in particular and they have moved on to other use cases, or the banks aren't biting because of volatility, regulatory uncertainty, plus law suits, and so Xrapid will sit on the back burner for quite some time in terms of general adoption. I tend to believe the latter particularly when Garlinghose has been emphasizing the "peanut butter manifesto" approach to incorporating XRP for cross-border payment into Ripple's game plan for so long - why bother with other use cases until the Xrapid thing is definitely in the bag? Maybe they've done all they can with Xrapid and now it's up to FI's to FIs to decided if and when they want to use Xrapid.

Which volatility ?

5 hours ago, Still1 said:

https://dailyhodl.com/2018/09/18/you-can-now-accept-xrp-on-youtube-and-twitch/

"A new platform created by Ripple’s former CTO is now integrated with YouTube and Twitch, allowing content creators to accept XRP.

Coil, a company that aims to give internet content creators new ways to monetize their work, is now in beta. So far, the company has integratedwith YouTube and Twitch, allowing viewers to donate XRP to their favorite channels. Users can also utilize the platform to donate to Wikipedia and the Internet Archive."

I think that Coil could be huge..

Isn’t this the same concept that BAT is doing with their platform and paying users and advertisers for their attention?  Coil sounds like a similar concept using XRP.  

37 minutes ago, kanaas said:

In less than a year swinging up and down between $3 & $0.27 is what they call volatility

Calling a steady 100% retracement 'volatility' is a generous use of that term.  However, the general theme of this site is denial.

2 hours ago, Blubber said:

Calling a steady 100% retracement 'volatility' is a generous use of that term.  However, the general theme of this site is denial.

Regarding financial stability and reliability one can say that for the entire crypto "community" .... 

One can compare it with situations when in the other century gold diggers were in the grip of the goldfever
Now it's the same illness in crypto, just another "asset class" and different spades for the digging...

7 hours ago, enrique11 said:

Strange that various other use cases have popped-up so soon.  Either Ripple has the Xrapid thing in the bag with the FIs, banks in particular and they have moved on to other use cases, or the banks aren't biting because of volatility, regulatory uncertainty, plus law suits, and so Xrapid will sit on the back burner for quite some time in terms of general adoption. I tend to believe the latter particularly when Garlinghose has been emphasizing the "peanut butter manifesto" approach to incorporating XRP for cross-border payment into Ripple's game plan for so long - why bother with other use cases until the Xrapid thing is definitely in the bag? Maybe they've done all they can with Xrapid and now it's up to FI's to FIs to decided if and when they want to use Xrapid.

Ripple is still laserfocused on crossborder tx but they now have the liquidity to fund other startups via the xpring initiative to build their business on top of the xrp ledger - like coil for example - so ripple is just funding other companies to overall grow the xrp ecosystem - the bigger the ecosystem gets the better it is for xrp no matter in which usecase... But let me tell you, i think coil is after something real big with paymentstreaming and microtransactions - IMO and i am expecting much more companies/startups/entrepreneurs building on top of the xrp-ledger in the future...

Edited by VanHasen