coastal

Nice little pump

12 minutes ago, Theone01 said:

Any reason for this?

I looked everywhere and found nothing from this morning. In fact I was expecting this when the news about xrapid going live next month went up but that was yesterday.

Maybe some details leaked about the SEC and xrp being a security or more details about the Xrapid launch.

On my part I started converting a lot to XRP as soon as I heard Brad Garlinghouse say: "If XRP is a security, it's a security if what????" That made me thought that XRP can never deemed a security.

Edited by Strovu

6 minutes ago, sven12345 said:

That's washtrading/fake volume

The new exchange Bitbox has a even bigger XRP volume with 89M$ even though it's closed to USA and Japan citizens. That exchange is the worst case of WASH trading I ever saw. https://www.bitbox.me/exchange?coin=XRP&market=ETH

Edited by Strovu

Does anybody have examples of times when XRP rises in value independently of BTC? I know there were always short term pumps after news, for example after certain partnerships were announced. 

My assumption is that some people behind the scenes may have some information we don't and are buying on that news. It could be Xrapid, but I don't think anybody is exactly sure how the price will respond to this.