Very good read. 

Crypto has become a straightjacket of sorts, with a handful of cryptos trying to break free. Bitcoin is to the internet of value, what the first computer was to the internet. Does anyone still value that first computer, other than for appreciation of history? The same will go for bitcoin. 

Good read but I do have a question.  The regulators are reluctant to move forward until they have all their answers and have the assurance of this new technology blockchain, so how is Xrapid going to go live this year when the banks are afraid of the regulators targeting them if they use Xrapid?    

10 minutes ago, tony71 said:

Good read but I do have a question.  The regulators are reluctant to move forward until they have all their answers and have the assurance of this new technology blockchain, so how is Xrapid going to go live this year when the banks are afraid of the regulators targeting them if they use Xrapid?    

I believe that there are viable candidates for use of xRapid that are not banks.

I believe ( just my personal feeling) that XRP and regulators will time all these announcements at once.  SEC announces its not a security at the same time xRapid goes live and "Boom" Banks are live and using -  $589!

This is not advice its my own personal feeling. Do your own research.

1 minute ago, itcdominic said:

I believe that there are viable candidates for use of xRapid that are not banks.

I believe ( just my personal feeling) that XRP and regulators will time all these announcements at once.  SEC announces its not a security at the same time xRapid goes live and "Boom" Banks are live and using -  $589!

This is not advice its my own personal feeling. Do your own research.

I think with the SEC they have already figured out XRP is not security. it is just a matter of time they announce it.  Now for the regulators I hope they get their act straight and announce it before 2019.

37 minutes ago, tony71 said:

how is Xrapid going to go live this year when the banks are afraid of the regulators targeting them if they use Xrapid?    

entrepreneurs wasn't it 

Question:  "Are the regulators ready?"  

Answer:   "I think the regulators are trying to figure out the speculation...  And that has the regulators scared about what blockchain might be in some cases....  

...when we meet with regulators, I've personally been really surprised by how much they know, and how much they want to know.   They don't walk into this with a notion of fear and doubt - they actually want to listen and learn."

Question:   "What do you think is the realistic timeline for this?"

Answer:   "...The entrepreneurs aren't waiting.   The entrepreneurs all over the world are developing solutions using blockchain, using digital assets.

and you should read this Tony

Edited by fiik

23 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I believe ( just my personal feeling) that XRP and regulators will time all these announcements at once.  SEC announces its not a security at the same time xRapid goes live

The only thought I have about the timing of the SEC's announcement, is that it may be after XRapid goes live. 

The thinking is around the Utility Value and that being both used in the Real World, and being a key characteristic for drawing the dividing line between Securities vs Commodities.

So if the SEC waits for XRP to have real world utility, then they can pretty easily determine that it is not a Security. I also wonder how much of this security / not a security, talk is just bitcoin folks, and ERC20 folks being worried.

@Hodor Good analogy with Uber and Airbnb because both of those are "2 sided market place" business models that play matchmaker. XRPLedger is basically the same "2 ssided market place", but rather than being used for Transportation or Housing, it is for Money at a Location , aka a "market for float", and the "matchmaking" is the pricing or pathfinding of that float. I think the "pathfinding" routing will be done somehow with xRapid, or xVia.

If anyone knows how the pathfinding function is accomplished in xRapid I would love to know. I know the Connectors preform the individual routing function, but how and where are these rates sourced and communicated through xVia and xRapid?

What could be bigger than a sizable chunk of correspondence banking utilizing XRP for settlement?  

That is the question that has recently been speculated upon, but not enough attention is being given to some of these other components, like Codius, ILP, and XRP's native ability to process asynchronous transactions, known as Payment Channels.

I haven't dug into it, but I think Codius may be ready "enough" that KarmaCoverage could be built in as a fully distributed DAP/Smart Contract. It really needs XRP to be in place globally to be a world wide network or financial service, so I don't see a huge rush. But at some point Codius will be able to run run KarmaCoverage application logic.

I think in hindsight, it will seem silly to view the liquidity from Correspondent Banking demand sources as the biggest fish in the sea. Still a big fish, and a great fish to catch first and prime the liquidity pump, but Web Monetization and Machine-to-Machine payments will dwarf the liquidity flows of Correspondent Banking in time. Everything you pay for on a monthly or annual bill can have it's revenue model re-engineered. Things you cant afford to access will be accessible, albeit for a small slice of time, or functionality. 

I

17 minutes ago, fiik said:
18 minutes ago, fiik said:

entrepreneurs wasn't it 

I read that part and that what got me thinking.  With Xrapid how much can entrepreneurs move?  I want the regulators to get their acts together and allow the banks to start using Xrapid soon..