Stedas

HOW-TO: Web monetization with Coil

7 minutes ago, EWH2020 said:

How does it effect XRP price though? If I pay someone some XRP for their website. Eg Wikipedia. They don’t want to hold XRP so they dump all their XRP for Fiat?

Nearly 300 million viewers every day on Wikipedia, if the donation banner includes "donate through Coil". Imagine the exposure. This is how "the internet of value" gets built.

Edited by mandelbaum

43 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

Thank you for the guide!

Wikipedia actually supports Coil monetization now! This is massive!

I just downloaded the coil extension to verify this but it says that the site is not web monetized, i think it is restricted to some regions for now .

Excellent post, thank you for taking the time to put this together. Not there yet, but I hope to install this soon. I wonder if someone can pin this post, or maybe we'll get another sub for Coil and tipbot.

Folks what I can't figure out:

A Coil subscription is necessary for Web Monetization, to monetize a website with the Payment Pointer installed?

Am asking because this is a message I received from coil:

But note that you only need an invite code if you want to get a subscription and donate. You do not need one to receive money.

Confused.

13 hours ago, panmores said:

Folks what I can't figure out:

A Coil subscription is necessary for Web Monetization, to monetize a website with the Payment Pointer installed?

Am asking because this is a message I received from coil:

Confused.

You don't need to have an invitation (or even register with Coil) to get paid - all you need to do is to add the javascript code to your website and have Payment pointer inserted

Check the how-to guide here: http://www.stedas.hr/web-monetization-coil.html