tony71

Where do we stand in all of this ?

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Here you lost me.. Rhode Island 3.150 km2  Holland ( Netherlands ) 41.500 km2 but I know what you try to compare

Of that land, how much of it can acutally be built on?

I really would like to see the parameters of that survey. 

I cannot speak for Turkey, but there is ZERO chance that 8% of Americans are currently invested in crypto. Zero. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that 80% of Americans have no/next to no investments at all, beyond their 401k. 

Another big assumption here, but I would imagine this survey was done through some type of publication where it was up to the participant to initiate contact. 

I have approximately 750 connections on Facebook and I believe that I can say with some accuracy, that only 5 or them are invested in crypto. A couple other adventurous ones have reached out to me to ask about how to get involved....but they aren’t in yet. 

8%?  Not a chance. 

13 hours ago, XRPto50dollars said:

we're all allowed to have personal opinions and i respect yours; but i do not agree that 'all' here will be rich in 2 years. do you how many people invest in the stock market versus how many people actually make millions? lets put it this way, on average only .03% of the entire US population are millionaires. about half of the population actually has any form of investment. of those, less than 10 people per year make a million dollars investing in stocks and this doesnt include 401ks/retirement plans. im talking people who sign up for a eTrade account, invest in a stock, have no formal training, and hope for the best (and thats having invested for 10 years or more). Thats .00000008% or something like that. 

there is a 0% chance everyone in here will be rich in 2 years. 

go to my original Countdown Post and see how fast the turn around rate is here of people creating xrpchat accounts one day and never coming back after a price drop:

granted, i understand just because someone doesnt post here doesnt mean they sold their XRP's but its a rough guide for possible interest lost.

of course, i dont know everything. will at least SOME people in here become rich from XRP? sure... but not everyone. XRP richlist shows most people own 10,000 xrp or less. to make a million, you have to hold through every up and down until $100. assuming the majority of people here do not have actual investment experience, i am surmising that most would sell way before $100. how many people would really hold (and i know some would / have) seeing their account at $900,000, followed by a crash to $40?

im simply trying to keep it somewhat real here. in my experiecen, the people who have grand plans of how to sell, example: "at $10 ill sell X, at $30 ill sell Y"... often dont follow the plan. its one thing to plan, but when it actually happens, stress and fear take over. heck, people are still whining about the drop to .25 cents. imagine the pandemonium in here with XRP dropping to $10 from $50.

Besides, having $1 million paper profit is one thing. actually getting it into your banks is another. i certainly wouldnt be surprised if exchanges temporarily shut down if a mass exit were to occur which would only increase stress and investor fear. how many here have actually sat down with their banker to discus an exist strategy.. and to be honest, most bankers have no clue how to handle crypto. 

You are assuming that the price of XRP will be volatile, hence you make a scenario where people will lose paper money when XRP reaches X value and drops a significance amount, while i believe that XRP will have a strong steady growth. Maybe in the begin phase when Xrapid goes live it can be volatile due to some FOMO on steroids because XRP will then be the only one going up, but as time goes on it should be more or less a stable rise.

Any holder who has been involved in Crypto, and particular in XRP is already 1 step ahead of the people who still are invested in the remaining 99% speculative based useless coins. So let's give our average XRP holder some credit. Now let's go one step further and take this community as an example. I'm pretty sure anyone who has been reading / writing in this chat knows that swings are possible and also knows that the potential of XRP is massive especially in the long run, most of the people on this chat probably also has abit more then 10k but even for those who do have 10k and that's all they are able to afford and they want to become a millionaire then yes discipline and self control is a must. 

The reason i commented was because you said that '' many '' of us here will not become rich, and if you base that assumption because you think most of us here at XRPchat hold 10k i¬† sincerely think you are mistaken. When i take myself as an example. I'm 24 i own a business, yet with such little time to spare i find time to inform my self, read as much as i possibly can, accumulate as much as i can because i will hold till ‚ā¨100 i don't mind the swings if they happen because i will sell portions anyway. And i think when a 24 year old who has to work 12 hours a day can find time to keep being informed about this asset and accumulate as much as he can and make a exit strategy for him self.

Then i really think that the majority of very smart people here on this chat can also do it and probably will do it.

I believe that MOST of us if not ALL off us will be rich in 2 years i stand by my point.

And I really want to meet you guys when XRP does go up so we can have a beer together.

Edited by Staigera

20 hours ago, XRPto50dollars said:

you hit the nail on the head. FUD is not the same thing as thinking rationally. ive seen it time and time again over the years where investors think that simply because they are invested that their investment MUST succeed. XRP is great. Ripple is great. The people behind Ripple is great. That doesnt give them or investors a free pass to wealth. 

i said XRP has a slim chance of success because otherwise its giving it and investors a free pass to wealth without having to work for it. i definitely see XRP hitting $50 in time as long as the company stays on track, but the only investors who will benefit from it are those willing to wait. 

during my youth i was invested in all sorts of things; devices which cure blindness, companies who figured out how to make electric cars travel hundreds of miles (this was in the 60s), touch screen televisions (in the 70s)... all failed. Fundamentally their idea was sound and the product DID work... but there is much more to a successful investment than simply having a working product. 

This reminds me of the guy who patented a selfy stick a decade or more ago, he got fed up of waiting and let the patent lapse, then bang but he got nothing because he had not kept the patent going

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, AllinXRP said:

I cannot speak for Turkey, but there is ZERO chance that 8% of Americans are currently invested in crypto. Zero. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that 80% of Americans have no/next to no investments at all, beyond their 401k. 

Another big assumption here, but I would imagine this survey was done through some type of publication where it was up to the participant to initiate contact. 

I have approximately 750 connections on Facebook and I believe that I can say with some accuracy, that only 5 or them are invested in crypto. A couple other adventurous ones have reached out to me to ask about how to get involved....but they aren’t in yet. 

8%?  Not a chance. 

5% then, Google is your friend, DYOR.

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/cointelegraph.com/news/how-many-americans-really-own-crypto-skewed-results-of-polls-and-surveys/amp

2 hours ago, Staigera said:

Then i really think that the majority of very smart people here on this chat can also do it and probably will do it.

Being smart and being disciplined has nothing to do with each other. The most brilliant people in one area can be the most stupid dumbasses in another.

Investment is partly about being rational but just as much about not getting emotional at the wrong times. Being able to stick with an investment requires a level of mental stability that, I would say, a majority of humans doesn't have. People like instant gratification. That's why the hodl-thing is so central to crypto, because everyone has to remind him- or herself every day that instant gratification is not the way forward.

I haven't even proven for myself that I belong in the mentally stable group. I will get to a conlusion somewhere in 2023.

8 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

Investment is partly about being rational but just as much about not getting emotional at the wrong times. Being able to stick with an investment requires a level of mental stability that, I would say, a majority of humans doesn't have.

Well a ''Majority of people'' aren't invested in XRP, we are not some bunch of mom and pop speculative investors in this asset many of us are mentally prepared as much as one can be the results will reveal when XRP goes up. 

9 hours ago, Staigera said:

You are assuming that the price of XRP will be volatile, hence you make a scenario where people will lose paper money when XRP reaches X value and drops a significance amount, while i believe that XRP will have a strong steady growth. Maybe in the begin phase when Xrapid goes live it can be volatile due to some FOMO on steroids because XRP will then be the only one going up, but as time goes on it should be more or less a stable rise.

Any holder who has been involved in Crypto, and particular in XRP is already 1 step ahead of the people who still are invested in the remaining 99% speculative based useless coins. So let's give our average XRP holder some credit. Now let's go one step further and take this community as an example. I'm pretty sure anyone who has been reading / writing in this chat knows that swings are possible and also knows that the potential of XRP is massive especially in the long run, most of the people on this chat probably also has abit more then 10k but even for those who do have 10k and that's all they are able to afford and they want to become a millionaire then yes discipline and self control is a must. 

The reason i commented was because you said that '' many '' of us here will not become rich, and if you base that assumption because you think most of us here at XRPchat hold 10k i¬† sincerely think you are mistaken. When i take myself as an example. I'm 24 i own a business, yet with such little time to spare i find time to inform my self, read as much as i possibly can, accumulate as much as i can because i will hold till ‚ā¨100 i don't mind the swings if they happen because i will sell portions anyway. And i think when a 24 year old who has to work 12 hours a day can find time to keep being informed about this asset and accumulate as much as he can and make a exit strategy for him self.

I believe that MOST of us if not ALL off us will be rich in 2 years i stand by my point.

And I really want to meet you guys when XRP does go up so we can have a beer together.

who knows. im an almost 200 year old, time traveling ex-president, wasting the last years of my life in an online forum with a bunch of people who think theyre cartoon characters, robots, sandwiches, star wars fanatics, leo dicaprio, bulls, chickens, and unicorns. just because i say something doesnt mean its going to happen.

XRP to $650,000 EOY. definitely. 

..and most people in here will not be rich in 2 years

Edited by XRPto50dollars

10 hours ago, AllinXRP said:

8%?  Not a chance. 

zero chance. exactly

13 hours ago, AllinXRP said:

8%?  Not a chance. 

Let's go by your laughable logic, you think everyone of your FB "friends" would publicity say they own crypto?