Gilligan

Australia's new PM talking favourably about blockchain

Wow, to my surprise I have just heard our new PM is looks favourably on blockchain and wants Australia to gain efficiencies in certain markets.  He particularly noted the banking and power industries as possible targets for efficiency gains.

https://www.ccn.com/nerdy-australian-pm-pushes-blockchain-agenda-to-take-on-big-banks/

Edited by Gilligan

Hmm... This makes me a bit keen to look again at POWR since I think I recall a state government was trialling them.  If AU gov is getting more friendly they might get an advantage.  The are on BTCMarkets so they are easy for AU purchase.

Power Ledger is something to do with distributed ledger purchasing of energy....   I need to look at it and find out.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:57 AM, Tinyaccount said:

Hmm... This makes me a bit keen to look again at POWR since I think I recall a state government was trialling them.  If AU gov is getting more friendly they might get an advantage.  The are on BTCMarkets so they are easy for AU purchase.

Power Ledger is something to do with distributed ledger purchasing of energy....   I need to look at it and find out.

Yeah the Govt game them $2.5m in funding and they are trialling in a number of states, Melbourne has seen been slated for the first commercial deployment and I believe they are trialling it in India as well.

Could be very interesting project esp since im paying f$%^&* nearly 50c per Kw/h........ plus it's great to see an Aussie startup in the blockchain space, the only other one I can think of is Canya.