Sign in to follow this  

xRapid goes live on November 14?

Thank you. Just getting back to this thread and this is what I was going to pull up for the questions I saw.

nice FUD
https://ripple.com/solutions/source-liquidity/
"xRapid uniquely uses a digital asset, XRP, to offer on-demand liquidity, which dramatically lowers costs while enabling real-time payments in emerging markets. Built for enterprise use, XRP offers banks and payment providers a highly efficient, scalable, reliable liquidity option to service cross-border payments."

On 9/16/2018 at 2:03 PM, Ralphadayus said:

Right!? I was thinking "dude, have you even been to Ripple's webpage?" It defines it. XRP is used to source liquidity. Hahaha. 

Has xRapid gone live yet? My guess, based solely on the price of XRP, would be NO. Unless I was right all along, and there is a difference between the words “preferred” and “required” on RL’s website.

Any comments?  @Tinyaccount, @Leonardo_da_Pisa, @Trickery  

And yes, I know the conversation will now conveniently change to “volume” “adoption” “liquidity”  

Seems my original point that the hype around xRapid would make the release anti-climatic, and hurt the price, now seems slightly more realistic, if you can view XRP objectively. Most of you are in love with XRP because you think it is an easy ticket to wealth, and your emotions are overriding your common sense.  

Lets move on and use the SEC trials as the reason XRP is not being adopted. Of course you will then be conceding that the US holds all the cards, and the world is waiting for our decision. Unfortuntely that view contradicts the notion that XRP will replace the dollar, because the World does not want the US involved.... Hmmm🤔  can’t have both.

Seems it is very hard to inflate a ballon when there are so many holes in it’s fabric, no matter how hard one pumps.

16 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Has xRapid gone live yet? My guess, based solely on the price of XRP, would be NO. Unless I was right all along, and there is a difference between the words “preferred” and “required” on RL’s website.

And yes, I know the conversation will now conveniently change to “volume” “adoption” “liquidity”  

Seems my original point that the hype around xRapid would make the release anti-climatic, and hurt the price, now seems slightly more realistic, if you can view XRP objectively. Most of you are in love with XRP because you think it is an easy ticket to wealth, and your emotions are overriding your common sense.  

Lets move on and use the SEC trials as the reason XRP is not being adopted. Of course you will then be conceding that the US holds all the cards, and the world is waiting for our decision. Unfortuntely that view contradicts the notion that XRP will replace the dollar, because the World does not want the US involved.... Hmmm🤔  can’t have both.

Seems it is very hard to inflate a ballon when there are so many holes in it’s fabric, no matter how hard one pumps.

You seem to have all the answers. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

The SEC isn't involved in the matter that was moved from the state to the federal district court, the proper venue. I suggest that you read the complaint again (https://sfsuperiorcourt.org). You can read the pleadings also through the federal district court website, but you have to subscribe to that services, which is rather expensive. 

Other than that, I agree with your stance on we need to be rational and objective and not be consumed with emotion that this is a get filthy rich scheme, especially at this early stage. 

Edited by TheXRPer

2 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

You are a spectacularly miserable *******.

What happened to SBI Asia making XRP #1?

That’s a rational question if we look at all of their quarterly PowerPoint slides and all of the Tweets regarding the same. Not trying to be Debby Downer since I for one believed what I read over the last couple of years. 

2 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

It depends what you mean by "gone live yet"? Is it out of beta testing? Yes, is it being used by all of Ripple's partners? No. It's not a flip the switch and we go to the moon scenario.

28 minutes ago, Trickery said:

It depends what you mean by "gone live yet"? Is it out of beta testing? Yes, is it being used by all of Ripple's partners? No. It's not a flip the switch and we go to the moon scenario.

Let’s hope that someone other than speculators even cares that the switch was flipped. US/Mex exchange would be the biggest indicator of actual utility. Give it 2 months into 2019. If Santander or some other entity adopts xRapid we will see some constant volume. If not, then let’s hope that the world is waiting for the SEC ruling.

13 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Let’s hope that someone other than speculators even cares that the switch was flipped. US/Mex exchange would be the biggest indicator of actual utility. Give it 2 months into 2019. If Santander or some other entity adopts xRapid we will see some constant volume. If not, then let’s hope that the world is waiting for the SEC ruling.

Navin Gupta explains it in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IAQMExzrg

or you can read the summary by @scoobysi in this thread

6 hours ago, codiusrex said:

What happened to SBI Asia making XRP #1?

That’s a rational question if we look at all of their quarterly PowerPoint slides and all of the Tweets regarding the same. Not trying to be Debby Downer since I for one believed what I read over the last couple of years. 

It's my understanding thing are slated for March. Q42018

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Then let’s hope that the world is waiting for the SEC ruling.

I don’t think so.  Ripple only engages with regulated banks and payment providers.   If entities are both in jurisdictions where the regulatory framework is clear AND there is appropriate liquidity to successfully utilize XRapid than the clients will use it.  Faster and cheaper while not breaking the rules is a no-brainer.  The challenge will be to develop the necessary liquidity in these corridors such that XRapid is the default settlement option of choice.  I do think with the explosion of XRP/fiat pairings we’ve seen throughout the world this year coupled with a rapidly growing ripplenet that fundamentally we are positioned to see our XRP investment really begin to take shape via utility late Q1 into Q2 next year.  Interestingly if the bottom were to fall out for BTC than XRP as a base pair would be the obvious choice for exchanges worldwide.  In the very short-term it would present “unique buying opportunities”.  I will concede though that if the SEC had been clear about pro-digital assets from the beginning similar to Singapore and others we’d be a bit further along at this point.  However, for long-term investors in XRP like myself I don’t see any imminent risk to them fulfilling the IOV vision.