Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
icebreath

xRapid goes live on November 14?

Recommended Posts

my completely made up "theory" which is actually just a date prediction pulled out from the crack of my a$$ is Nov 5th 2055

maybe the xrp community can make a few youtube videos and tweet about it and add some stupid graphics with bears and castles?

add enough conspiracy bullsh*t and people will start believing it too... oh wait i need a price prediction as well, ummmm... $667

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, buckor said:
14 hours ago, xrpen said:
Do we have any evidence that XRP will be involved in the first use cases of xRapid?

According to Ripple, xRapid requires the use of XRP (xCurrent and xVia do not require XRP but can use XRP).

Please Provide a link for that statement. We all know that XRP is only the “preferred” asset for xRapid, Not Required. XRapid is currency agnostic, so the release of xRapid will be no different than the previous releases of xVia and xCurrent. In fact, I fear that the hype around releasing xRapid, may be the only factor propping up the price of XRP. Unfortunately, if true, after xRapid is released, there will need to be a whole lot of new posts about why XRP price dropped.

Ripple is very clever with their statements, and the word “required” is NEVER used when they  discuss XRP and xRapid in the same sentence.

Read the fine print, not just the headlines.

XRP brings speed and cost savings to xRapid, however it also brings all of the market risks, that banks typically will happily pay extra to avoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are confusing xRapid with ILP, which is indeed currency agnostic.

xRapid is a product that's uses XRP to offer on demand liquidity. It says so in clear english on the products page on ripple.com. Not sure where the idea that xRapid could utilize any DA came from. I don't remember any ripple employee stating this. If someone knows something I don't, please enlighten me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ZeeperCreeper said:

You guys are confusing xRapid with ILP, which is indeed currency agnostic.

xRapid is a product that's uses XRP to offer on demand liquidity. It says so in clear english on the products page on ripple.com. Not sure where the idea that xRapid could utilize any DA came from. I don't remember any ripple employee stating this. If someone knows something I don't, please enlighten me.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:06 AM, Graine said:

ILP is currency agnostic. xRapid supports other digital currencies as well. 

@Graine

Graine like many others knows the truth. He was a respected member of this community, however like many others, he cashed out, on us, over the summer and is now long gone. 

This is from a May 3rd topic titled something like “Is XRP a security”

The facts are on this site, Ripple’s words need to be read literally, they know they cannot come out and say xRapid REQUIRES. XRP. That would be a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

@Graine

Graine like many others knows the truth. He was a respected member of this community, however like many others, he cashed out, on us, over the summer and is now long gone. 

This is from a May 3rd topic titled something like “Is XRP a security”

The facts are on this site, Ripple’s words need to be read literally, they know they cannot come out and say xRapid REQUIRES. XRP. That would be a lie.

nice FUD

https://ripple.com/solutions/source-liquidity/

"xRapid uniquely uses a digital asset, XRP, to offer on-demand liquidity, which dramatically lowers costs while enabling real-time payments in emerging markets. Built for enterprise use, XRP offers banks and payment providers a highly efficient, scalable, reliable liquidity option to service cross-border payments."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

@Graine

Graine like many others knows the truth. He was a respected member of this community, however like many others, he cashed out, on us, over the summer and is now long gone. 

This is from a May 3rd topic titled something like “Is XRP a security”

The facts are on this site, Ripple’s words need to be read literally, they know they cannot come out and say xRapid REQUIRES. XRP. That would be a lie.

yet more blah blah, ripplenet is designed to source the cheapest pathway..either its Xrpaid or whatever, but Xrapid is only using XRP for settlement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s another link to compliment the one above. Gives you an idea of how CBDC’s or walled gardens would work on ilp. https://developers.ripple.com/become-an-xrp-ledger-gateway.html#suggested-business-practices 

As for cross border payments, not using XRP and xRapid would be like a salmon walking across the land to get to the source of the river.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leonardo_da_Pisa said:

nice FUD

https://ripple.com/solutions/source-liquidity/

"xRapid uniquely uses a digital asset, XRP, to offer on-demand liquidity, which dramatically lowers costs while enabling real-time payments in emerging markets. Built for enterprise use, XRP offers banks and payment providers a highly efficient, scalable, reliable liquidity option to service cross-border payments."

Right!? I was thinking "dude, have you even been to Ripple's webpage?" It defines it. XRP is used to source liquidity. Hahaha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leonardo_da_Pisa said:

nice FUD

https://ripple.com/solutions/source-liquidity/

"xRapid uniquely uses a digital asset, XRP, to offer on-demand liquidity, which dramatically lowers costs while enabling real-time payments in emerging markets. Built for enterprise use, XRP offers banks and payment providers a highly efficient, scalable, reliable liquidity option to service cross-border payments."

Thanks for making my point, You don’t understand the difference between the definition of “uniquely” and exclusively. You posted a perfect example of how Ripple words it’s press to fool those who want to believe more than they are actually reading. 

I specifically stated that XRP brings speed and cost savings to xRapid, but is not REQUIRED. You backed up my point. Thanks

Edited by Valhalla_Guy
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

We all know that XRP is only the “preferred” asset for xRapid, Not Required. XRapid is currency agnostic,

I don't know this and I'm pretty sure most people here don't know this either. If you could provide some proof of your claim that would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

As it exists today, xRapid always uses XRP. It's not fundamentally required to be that way, but XRP works best so that's how it is at the moment.

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/23196-asheesh-birla-xrapid-uses-digital-assets-xrp-is-one-of-them/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-383597

From a Ripple employee.

 

In my opinion in the future Xrapid may be used with a misc of digital assets if there is not enough liquidity with XRP only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×