Xrphunter

Ripple Insights | National Commercial Bank of Saudi Arabia Joins RippleNet

maybe i'm too used to the poor journalism of others but have ripple always just referred to ripplenet, not xcurrent or xrapid when announcing new partnerships? I won't get ahead of myself but we all know one can lead to & become the other hopefully soon anyway, am I over analysing? lol

1 hour ago, XRP1904 said:

thats good news! and as always when good news comes out the value of xrp will go down even more 😂😂

Soooooo.... good news then :spinlol:

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

maybe i'm too used to the poor journalism of others but have ripple always just referred to ripplenet, not xcurrent or xrapid when announcing new partnerships? I won't get ahead of myself but we all know one can lead to & become the other hopefully soon anyway, am I over analysing? lol

From a quick search yes they do mention Ripplenet in such cases. Although in older articles they do state the use of xcurrent specifically e.g. "Mitsubishi Corporation, Standard Chartered and Bank of Ayudhya (Krungsri) — a Thailand subsidiary of MUFG Bank — jointly announced a pilot test for payments between Singapore and Thailand with xCurrent." and not just Ripplenet in general.

Edited by Panopticon

13 minutes ago, Trickery said:

So...."We won't make any more announcements until we have 200 partners."

Hmmmmm?

Could be. I think Ripple hasn't announced a new partner since Cambridge Global Payments back in March.

There have been a couple announcements after that but made by clients (National Bank of Kuwait and Kuwait Finance House in May).

Just now, Nihilist said:

Could be. I think Ripple hasn't announced a new partner since Cambridge Global Payments back in March.

There have been a couple announcements after that but made by clients (National Bank of Kuwait and Kuwait Finance House in May).

Or they just forgot what they previously said, unlikely.

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

I could be wrong, but I believe "RippleNet" is just a collection of ILP peers. xCurrent is a specific implementation of ILP+SPSP. That would imply that when a bank is added to RippleNet, they're using xCurrent. That doesn't stop them from *also* using xRapid at some point though.

Edited by DeletedUser