Mentalist take on the Goldman Sachs, Ripple and Blockchain Conference video

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was asked to review this video to see if there were any subtle undertones that would indicate Goldman Sachs interest in XRP. These are my findings... (Law and Order Chime - "Dong - Dong")

No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn once. 

Excellent breakdown.   I may also add that throughout the panel, Danny Aranda (MD Ripple) seems to pay little attention to Brian Steele (MD Goldman)'s answers. Danny with his relaxed posture

12 hours ago, PhoenixSequence said:

7:06 Andrew Keys (Co-Founder Consensys Capital) says – “what this will do from a macro perspective, in my opinion, is going to create a thawing of liquidity unlike anything planet earth has ever seen”

Brian Steele (MD Goldman) then raises both eyebrows, tucks in his mouth and shakes his head in stern acknowledgment.

***Indicating the thought - “these people have no idea what’s coming”***

That's curious... I've never seen anyone in kinesics infer such specific thought processes from discrete shows of body language. Inferences are only usually drawn from clusters of movement and expression throughout an engagement, so I'm having a hard time being as enthusiastic about this analysis as others.  

I think perhaps your (very understandable) bias towards a positive outcome for Ripple and XRP has rubbed off on your assessment here.

In the example above - the same response could simply suggest Brian Steele is surprised by the grandiose nature of Andrew Key's assertion. 

1 hour ago, Tripple said:

That's curious... I've never seen anyone in kinesics infer such specific thought processes from discrete shows of body language. Inferences are only usually drawn from clusters of movement and expression throughout an engagement, so I'm having a hard time being as enthusiastic about this analysis as others.  

I think perhaps your (very understandable) bias towards a positive outcome for Ripple and XRP has rubbed off on your assessment here.

In the example above - the same response could simply suggest Brian Steele is surprised by the grandiose nature of Andrew Key's assertion. 

You are absolutely right on both counts. I could be totally wrong and it is hard to infer such specific thought processes from discrete shows of body language. Especially in the example you stated.

Which is why when I look I use a much wider lens. For example when Brian says - if you’re able to settle the asset in a real-time environment and you’re able to move money in very much of a real-time fashion …" 

There's only a very few specific ways that can happen. It certainly isn't Bitcoin, nor Swift or Visa. That means as of today there are only a few certain cryptocurrencies such as XRP or XLM that can accomplish this.

And if he is inferring that this real-time movement is achieved by XRP. Then he also knows and understands that Andrew Key's assertion of - "is going to create a thawing of liquidity unlike anything planet earth has ever seen" - is true because this is what XRP represents and will achieve.

He already knows this statement is prophetic because he fully understands Ripple (xrp) current and future potential.

But you're right I am biased which is why I also have to accept the possibility that I may be wrong.

And in all seriousness thanks for being "the tenth man". Someone needs to be.

Edited by PhoenixSequence
15 hours ago, PhoenixSequence said:

Brian Steele (MD Goldman) responds – “yeah… I mean, unfortunately… it’s ahh – we’re not in a position at this point to say…” 

***He instantly becomes nervous. He’s stuttering, His feet begin tapping vigorously – he’s lying (at least his body believes he is).

Maybe this is lost in translation... To me if he's lying that would mean he could say that XRP is being used or not but doesn't. Why would he not say it if he's allowed to say it (perhaps I misinterpret the expression 'not in a position'? It definitely makes him uncomfortable, that's for sure ;)

4 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

Maybe this is lost in translation... To me if he's lying that would mean he could say that XRP is being used or not but doesn't. Why would he not say it if he's allowed to say it (perhaps I misinterpret the expression 'not in a position'? It definitely makes him uncomfortable, that's for sure ;)

I don't believe he was about to saying anything directly such as "Goldman Sachs will be using XRP soon". An admission such as that would have shown the world that XRP is about to blow up and the cat would be out of the bag.

But whatever Brian was about to slip from his lips would have most definitely led to a logical tread that would've inferred that Goldman Sachs are about to use or is already using XRP so he quickly reeled it in. He was caught off guard.

13 hours ago, Flintstone said:

Good job and thanks.

Not sure why you’re dabbling in T.A when this is definitely your forté. You’re much better at behaviour patterns than chart patterns :)

I’d appreciate more body language sleuthing in the future if time permits.

Enjoying this thread :JC_doubleup:

Thank you for compliment and the critique. As far using what I call "the dark gift" yes it does come in handy from time to time. My friends say I would've have made a great detective.

Edited by PhoenixSequence
9 hours ago, RobinBaas said:

Please review more videos if you have the time for it @PhoenixSequence :)!

People need to look beyond mass media and focus on the little "hidden' things. Ripple is further down the road than most would think.

We're certainly not at the start of the marathon.

Thank you, I'll give it a try and you're right. All the answers you seek are in the hidden things that are usually right in front of you.