BostonXRP

SWIFT and XRapid

Swift wouldn't buy anything it's a collective essentially. Banks use the the Swift network members as a service and can use a Ripple product if they so desire. There's no exclusive clause to either service so smart banks would see both for their strengths and weaknesses and employ them in a manner that is optimal. Neither one is good enough for all transactions. GPI is fine for large USD, Euro, ect for most western business needs, But struggles with smaller emerging market currencies and low value high volume that XRP is ment to improve. 

Ripple has said as much there's room for both in the marketplace. It's wrong to think only one will win. XRP could in the long run with liquidity but Swift has a the established network that can still charge fees regardless what it actually costs them. No ones sending multi millions or billions via western unions and money grams. For the security and insurance dealing with banks offers customers will still pay the fees because a customer is buying trust and the bank pockets on lowering operating costs. 

Edited by keybordem

N

6 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

There is growing evidence that they already use Ripple technology as part of their GPI offering.  It makes sense as they have admitted they do not have the money or tech know how to create blockchain solutions.

"Evidence"

Banks will indeed probably run SWIFT and Ripple tech. 

Interesting to see how multiple solutions can be integrated in one platform:

network-gateway-en

11 hours ago, 30k1m said:

Banks will indeed probably run SWIFT and Ripple tech. 

Interesting to see how multiple solutions can be integrated in one platform:

network-gateway-en

Ripple built an end to end solution (xCurrent) only because they had to. If Swift’s messaging improves, which I think it has with GPI, then Ripple can focus on settlement and plug right into Swift’s network. 

Everyone wins.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:01 AM, ImTheRippler said:

Sorry to pop your balloon, but...

I love XRP, I believe in the project and I hold some. But let's get one thing clear: this does NOT prove what you think it proves.

The only evidence is that 2 years ago, a solution architect in SAP has integrated xRapid with Swift communication protocol. This suggests that Swift and xRapid are compatible.

That is the extent of the facts. The rest (that GPI is xCurrent, that Swift and Ripple are turning this proof of concept into a production-grade solution) - these are all assumptions and beliefs.

Be careful with validation bias, you are riddled with it. I want to believe the scenario you think of will play out but the probability it will happen is low.

Edited by Animal_Plirf

13 minutes ago, Animal_Plirf said:

Sorry to pop your balloon, but...

I love XRP, I believe in the project and I hold some. But let's get one thing clear: this does NOT prove what you think it proves.

The only evidence is that 2 years ago, a solution architect in SAP has integrated xRapid with Swift communication protocol. This suggests that Swift and xRapid are compatible.

That is the extent of the facts. The rest (that GPI is xCurrent, that Swift and Ripple are turning this proof of concept into a production-grade solution) - these are all assumptions and beliefs.

Be careful with validation bias, you are riddled with it. I want to believe the scenario you think of will play out but the probability it will happen is low.

I didn’t say any of the things you’re saying, and conveniently you deleted what I actually said in your quote so I don’t even know what you’re replying to.

5 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

I didn’t say any of the things you’re saying, and conveniently you deleted what I actually said in your quote so I don’t even know what you’re replying to.

I just deleted the screenshots because they were taking space.

You said there was "growing evidence that Swift is using Ripple technology". Not only the "evidence" is not growing (what you quote is 2 years old) but it is absolutely no evidence that Swift uses Ripple technology. It merely shows that the 2 technologies are compatible and that a solution architect integrated them together to do a demo/proof of concept. It proves absolutely nothing else. Again, validation bias. You read too much into this.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:51 PM, ImTheRippler said:

Ripple built an end to end solution (xCurrent) only because they had to. If Swift’s messaging improves, which I think it has with GPI, then Ripple can focus on settlement and plug right into Swift’s network. 

Everyone wins.

That doesn't make sense why wouldn't they just use xcurrent and use xrapid for settlement if they need it once they are on the ripplenet. 

10 minutes ago, Animal_Plirf said:

I just deleted the screenshots because they were taking space.

You said there was "growing evidence that Swift is using Ripple technology". Not only the "evidence" is not growing (what you quote is 2 years old) but it is absolutely no evidence that Swift uses Ripple technology. It merely shows that the 2 technologies are compatible and that a solution architect integrated them together to do a demo/proof of concept. It proves absolutely nothing else. Again, validation bias. You read too much into this.

I didn’t say anything I just posted screenshots but nice of you to put quotes in my mouth.

Those screenshots show SAP using Ripple to settle Swift MT payments, yes 2 years ago.

Are you saying this capability is gone now? I would argue it’s only gone forward even more since then.

29 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

I didn’t say anything I just posted screenshots but nice of you to put quotes in my mouth.

Those screenshots show SAP using Ripple to settle Swift MT payments, yes 2 years ago.

Are you saying this capability is gone now? I would argue it’s only gone forward even more since then.

Ah, sorry. You are right, you didn't write it. Although you posted the screenshots to support someone else's erroneous and misleading statements (@Julian_Williams) You wouldn't do that if you did not think that your "facts" supported their argument.

I am not implying anything about the compatibility between GPI and xRapid. Compatibility has nothing to do with collaboration. I can create a small application in Java that will be compatible with Windows 10. Does this mean that "Microsoft is using my technology"? Does this mean that all Microsoft customers will start using my application tomorrow? Absolutely not.

So why would anyone say that the fact that xRapid is compatible with Swift GPI (based on a 2 year old slide) have any implication at all about a collaboration between Ripple and Swift? It's great but it implies nothing.

Anyway, I am done here.

Edited by Animal_Plirf

Это относится к xCurrent:

image.thumb.png.3470ca7eb92d26ba40a22ca88946b410.png

«Это глубокий взгляд на внутреннюю работу решения Ripple, xCurrent и то, как он улучшает трансграничные платежи, включая обмен сообщениями SWIFT, а также объясняет, как Interledger Protocol облегчает платежи через разные платежные сети».

Не исключая SWIFT ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU79HunxJp8

Учитывая синергию программных продуктов Ripple (XCurrent, XVia, XRapid) + possibly including SWIFT?

Исправьте меня, если я неправильно понял ...

Edited by SanAlex