Sign in to follow this  
Wildwestit28

WHY DO ALL CRYPTO GO UP AT SAME TIME?

I realise this may be a very stupid question or may have been answered in an earlier post , so I appologize if that's the case. How is it though that almost every coin is increasing and decreasing at almost the exact same time. People just so be happening to throw money at every crypto at exactly the same moment, I know this is not the case so any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

the headlines are that when bitcoin moves the whole market moves, relatively it can change the %age of the market btc takes but that is the main thing at the minute. There are usually some exceptions with pump & dumps etc but most the trades, whether it bots auto following or actual people doesn't much matter. It is what it is currently. The mantra here for XRP is when real usage kicks in that may change, watch this space......

I greatly appreciate the quick response!! Got it these were my original thoughts from all that I have read, just found it weird so to speak that you would see such a similar percentage growth in overall cryptos. in my mind id think certain crypto, such as Bitcoin,ethereum,litecoin,xrp,tron not picking a favorite here but if i was of course it would be xrp no doubt about it.  Point being you really dont see the desirable crypto s with a real lead on a market break out. More or less together they rise and together they fall!! (I guess bots says it all), I was just making sure that I am having a propper understanding of the market. Makes it tricky at times seeing a coins real potential with so much manipulation, aside from doing your homework and trying to read between the lines. Thanks again for the help, still leaves some mystery, but i think its the same mystery we all have. If in any way im wrong please correct me, but i think ive got a good grasp of whats being layed down here!!

If a major exchange were to get hacked tomorrow, and millions of dollars worth of crypto were stolen,
it wouldn't matter WHICH coins were taken: Bitcoin, Ether, XRP, etc.

The WHOLE MARKET would suffer.
That's because the major players, the whales, the institutions, the market makers, they all still think of "crypto" as one big gamble / investment opportunity.
Why?  
Because use cases haven't been implemented yet.  There hasn't been any major adoption yet.  It's still very early in the game.
The overwhelming majority of money in crypto is all speculative investing.  (also the reason for the bubble effects)

So individual news about each crypto doesn't impact the market as much as major news about crypto in general.  (and yes, Bitcoin news affects everyone in some way)

I think next year will be different.  We will begin to see some real decoupling of price movements based upon adoption of specific cryptos.

In the meantime, we still can share in the successes as well, for instance:  
positive Bitcoin ETF news will help XRP and the rest, and XRP regulatory clarification would help others as well.
There's a lot to be said about validating the crypto space.  Each time an individual crypto has a success, they all benefit.

Sign in to follow this