Sign in to follow this  
Gepster

Thread hijacking

2 hours ago, Gepster said:

While there is some quality stuff every now and then,I think all the low value content is deterring alot of smart and interesting people from posting. 

This forum doesnt owe me anything, but i see potential and missed opportunity. 

Can you agree on that?

@Gepster It is a chat - take it or leave it. No need to agree on anything IMHO.

Exactly what is it that you miss here? And why you still are here? You been here almost a year now. Just like me. I am 1 day older than you in XRPChat - LOL.
During that time I have managed to educate myself a great deal in the DA world and I am mostly here now for my amusement only.
I know where I stand regarding XRP. I HODL my stash. Not much info coming about developement anywhere. The Team are doing their work behind closed doors.

Maybe you would like to be a Fly on the Wall in the Ripple Board Room to get the info you really want ?=?=❤️

Some snippets of good info pop up once in a while in this Chat, but that can also be found elsewhere.
I am a Leader in the Zerpening Club - and that is mostly Infotainment, Pepping, Socializing and having Fun sharing the common ground of being a investor in XRP.

If you are not happy with the state of the Chat, you can Leave or Start your own Club with your own "Rules".

This is my final words on the Subject.
You take Care and I wish you all the best with your XRP investment.

Zen

Edited by zenkert

Not sure if the pretentiousness is there on purpose, but i will not respond to your reply, since you made it clear these were your "final words".

On the topic as a whole i will draw my conclusions.

@Gepster you slowly see how your topic with an ask to mod, becomes a Zerpenning chat...

@karlos @Apollo @rootvegetable @Global @MBi @Mercury @Morty @Pablo @T8493 @tomxcs @XRPeteSampras

I see what OP is talkimg about and I have to extensively use "report" button, as a lot people personally atack, bring personal accusations and groundless blames and use club members to polute topics, making them less valuable or pushing towards closure.

I am asking to consider a feature of "moderated topics" where OP can moderate (at least delete posts) its topic. I think that will be a huge benefit.

Edited by vsyc

50 minutes ago, vsyc said:

I see what OP is talkimg about and I have to extensively use "report" button, as a lot people personally atack, bring personal accusations and groundless blames and use club members to polute topics, making them less valuable or pushing towards closure.

That's rich coming from you, you're one of the worst offenders and your extensive use of the report button shows you can dish it out but you can't take it when it's directed at you.

8 hours ago, Trickery said:

That's rich coming from you, you're one of the worst offenders and your extensive use of the report button shows you can dish it out but you can't take it when it's directed at you.

Funny thing that you and your bros that always appear with groundless accusations and always same people, are all here, in this thread. Even likers same (Likebait in action)

Its brilliant, more you do like that less I need to do to prove anything.

Its not about me, community not blind and with the time it will get tired of your constant useless atacks.

What goes around, comes around.

14 minutes ago, vsyc said:

Funny thing that you and your bros that always appear with groundless accusations and always same people, are all here, in this thread. Even likers same (Likebait in action)

Its brilliant, more you do like that less I need to do to prove anything.

The Defense rests Your Honour.

16 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Not trying to hijack this thread, but is there a club already with the name

“ Crusader bros against Zerpeners and Likebaiters” ? 

This would concentrate all hate within one club instead of polluting general forum. 

*Quick looks to see if there is actually this club* 

If not, that is a hilarious name. If so, oh...that's...not fun. 

This forum doesnt owe me anything, but i see potential and missed opportunity. 
Can you agree on that?

You’ve identified the issue here. This form is provided to you as a free service, hence you have no standing to complain.

If you want a collated, vetted stash of xrp discussion and verified information with no off topic discussion, the world is your oyster to go start one.

1 hour ago, whiteout said:

you have no standing to complain.

If you want a collated, vetted stash of xrp discussion and verified information with no off topic discussion, the world is your oyster to go start one.

You don't decide if i have a standing or  not, in fact its a little ironic that you think you have the right to say so.

I see you (also) like to make your own assumptions and provide an answer to that. 

Nothing wrong with off topic Discussions, this forum even has its own sub for it (shocker).

I believe the whole point of a forum with the option to start topics is to discuss the topic. This is not the reality atm.

I am just asking for civil on topic discussions, in which i will happily partake.

Instead i am told you and others have the right to spam the **** out of this forum as you please and if i dont like it i should **** Off. 

I got the memo.

I'm sorry @Gepster but I think you are hoping for a perfect world when it just isn't likely to happen.  This forum is global...  many people with wildly different interests and agendas are never going to become a lockstep efficiency machine for XRP information.

I personally wish people would stop using the quote button to redisplay a long long post only to say "Yep, I agree".    But that hope is in vain too....   :) 

Before there was a World Wide Web I was using forums to chat about topics I was interested in.  That's maybe before many here were in school.  In all that time I've seen forums managed both badly and well...  this one is towards the good end of the spectrum.  I think we should be glad it exists and grateful to Karlos and the mods for their sterling work.

Asking for a moderated discussion area beyond this current situation is essentially asking mods to devote more of their time for free to meet your goal.  I'm not sure that is fair or reasonable.  If one of the mods suggested it then that would be different.

On 9/13/2018 at 12:36 AM, Tinyaccount said:

I'm sorry @Gepster 

Asking for a moderated discussion area beyond this current situation is essentially asking mods to devote more of their time for free to meet your goal.  I'm not sure that is fair or reasonable.  If one of the mods suggested it then that would be different.

You are probably right. I dont have any insight in how much work is put into running this forum. Agreed that this forum isnt all that bad, that is also why i joined Mercury's raffle the other day.

If you know of any other ways for me to contribute, please let me know.

Sign in to follow this