Sign in to follow this  
Gepster

Thread hijacking

Im mostly a lurker of XRPchat these days (partly) because, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to read topics with all the noise around the board.

These days almost every topic is hijacked by people who feel the need to spam unrelated stuff, create a separate conversation or (even worse) attack the OP or any other poster personally. Effectively using this forum as a spam or flame box. This is (IMO) atleast partly caused by people who take the Zerpning talking style to other topics.

It has come to the point that OP's  that want a serious discussion explicitly need to mention it. 

I would like to encourage the Moderators to be more proactive in keeping stuff on topic in an attempt to increase the quality of the discussions and thus the quality of this forum. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gepster

1 hour ago, Gepster said:

These days almost every topic is hijacked by people who feel the need to spam unrelated stuff, create a separate conversation or (even worse) attack the OP or any other poster personally. Effectively using this forum as a chat, spam or flame box. This is (IMO) atleast partly caused by people who take the Zerpning talking style to other topics.

No, it has been this way since I joined the forum in august 2017, long before the Zerpening. ( edit: omg ! I now see the irony of this statement, lol)

It increased as several separate clubs were formed, like the Zerpening, TInfoil Hat Club, TA , etc.  People obviously can’t stand that there are separate clubs with a specific caracter and start attacking them instead of live and let live. 

To be honest :  I did the same at the start of the tinfoil stuff with BG123 and his $ 589 prediction and other nonsense ( imho, lol). 

Now my view is simple: don’t like the club or the subject? Move on to things or a niche that you like and leave them alone.

The Zerpening is infotainment, TFHC is conspiracy , TA is drawing lines. So what? Let them.

Needless to say that FUD must be fought throughout all clubs and threads, and that a joke now and then can’t be forbidden. 

And last but not least: let’s stop accusing groups and generalise hundreds of members, but instead interact with the individual that you feel is out of order. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

5 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Now my view is simple: don’t like the club or the subject?

I like the subjects on this forum. Just the endless ''Zerpning style'' spamming in other topcs is what is annoying. (its not only those members either, just an example)

Im not against ''the zerpning'', you do you. Its all good, i dont go there.

I can go quote lots of members in various topics, but i think you get the point.

Edited by Gepster

8 minutes ago, Gepster said:

can go quote lots of members in various topics, but i think you get the point.

I do, but my point is that this existed long before the Zerpening ( guilty as charged, I like to make fun and cross borders> that’s why I chose XRP).

One could even argue that it’s much less now, as all this is mainly concentrated in The Zerpening and less spread all over the board. 

Ah well, nice discussion, but I’m out of arguments.  Engage individual posts and posters I would advise. Talking to groups of hundreds of members will get you nowhere. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

[mention=17176]whiteout[/mention]Thanks for the useless comment to prove my point.
BTW: There are still some good sources on the interbowls, its not all like in here.

It’s an open forum, if you want it to be like r/ripple the viewpoints won’t be diverse.

1 minute ago, whiteout said:

It’s an open forum, if you want it to be like r/ripple the viewpoints won’t be diverse.

I dont consider sarcasm (what you just did) as a viewpoint.  Its more like pulp.

So you are looking for inside investing information that you can quickly scan and receive from reading threads with data? 

That's not how it works. 

You build relationships with people. Usually by joking around and having fun. Then the people who have information may or may not share with you. 

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

So you are looking for inside investing information that you can quickly scan and receive from reading threads with data? 

That's not how it works. 

You build relationships with people. Usually by joking around and having fun. Then the people who have information may or may not share with you. 

First you assume, then you answer your own assumption. 

That's not how this works indeed.

Nothing what you said applies to me or what this topic is about.  

I am merely asking for some nice (on topic) discussions about XRP and Ripple, in which i would happily partake if it wasnt such a mess ( generally speaking). 

I must be naive for trying to start a discussion about it. 

15 minutes ago, Gepster said:

I am merely asking for some nice (on topic) discussions about XRP and Ripple, in which i would happily partake if it wasnt such a mess ( generally speaking). 

@Gepster It´s like searching for GOLD. There are GOLD to be found in this chat, but it takes time and a lot of "filtering" of your own.
Happy Hunting! 👍
BTW as was about to say Welcome 🤣 But then I saw that you have posted quite a lot, so you should know by now how it is . . .

Edited by zenkert

6 minutes ago, Gepster said:

First you assume, then you answer your own assumption. 

That's not how this works indeed.

Nothing what you said applies to me or what this topic is about.  

I must be naive for trying to start a discussion about it. 

I think, realistically speaking, anytime you have people from all over the world talking about something it will be impossible to get the exact outcome you want. 

6 minutes ago, zenkert said:

That takes time. It´s like searching for GOLD. There are GOLD to be found in this chat, but it takes time and a lot of "filtering" of your own. Happy Hunting! 👍

While there is some quality stuff every now and then,I think all the low value content is deterring alot of smart and interesting people from posting. 

This forum doesnt owe me anything, but i see potential and missed opportunity. 

Can you agree on that?

Sign in to follow this