hamsumwich

Can someone develop a US version of XRParrot?

This is a brilliant project and I'm hopeful that we'd get something similar on our side of the pond. When it comes to adoption, I completely agree that it must be absolutely easy for most layperson.

Both bitstamp and gatehub have USD IOUs traded on the ledger. I think the hangup with a similar service is that the only way to get any USD to bitstamp or gatehub is an international wire transfer. 

The only way I would see this being feasible would be for a company to prefund their bitstamp account in a large amount and then set up a way to accept ach transfers in the US. Even at that, you would have to wait until the ACH transfer was completed (2 to 5 days) and I assume you would need to do kyc/aml checks and at that point you've basically created your own exchange. 

I would love to be wrong. An easy onramp from USD to XRP would be great.

Edited by XRPforALL

XRPPARROT is aimed at European Banks as PSD2 forces them to open their API to third parties, which is exactly what this tool will use as far as I understood.

It‘s also a wake up call for these banks, because if they dont act, they will become dumb providers soon, as they will need to provide the competition with full access to their APIs.

Edited by Nintendo