Droopy

Coinbase / GDAX continue to support more crypto-currencies in 2017

18 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2017 at 4:59 AM, xtrapower said:

There is simply no demand for it. XRP is not even in the top 10 volume wise anymore and we don't even have a wallet (!!!). We are a extremely small circle of supporters. Ripple does not lift a finger for consumer orientated adoption but i sometimes get the feeling that they still seem to expect it somehow.

Picture this: You're just getting into crypto currency and you have around 200 bucks you're willing to invest. Would you rather buy an inexpensive coin with the support of multiple HUGE companies with an extremely promising future reminiscent of bitcoin's early days, or an expensive coin that you can get twenty of at most? When I setup my friend's wallet on Gatehub, she was psyched as to how much she could buy compared to most other coins. Plus, the price is only raising! 

3 hours ago, Cleveland_Brown said:

Picture this: You're just getting into crypto currency and you have around 200 bucks you're willing to invest. Would you rather buy an inexpensive coin with the support of multiple HUGE companies with an extremely promising future reminiscent of bitcoin's early days, or an expensive coin that you can get twenty of at most?

XRP has the support of multiple huge companies? I think you are confusing Ripple and XRP. It's a common beginners mistake. 

3 hours ago, Cleveland_Brown said:

When I setup my friend's wallet on Gatehub, she was psyched as to how much she could buy compared to most other coins.

You are right that tokens with a smaller market capitalization have more room to grow but it comes hand in hand with more risk and uncertainty. 

4 hours ago, Cleveland_Brown said:

Plus, the price is only raising!

Hope you are not serious. It does until it doesn't. Price it at the exact same level than 3 years ago...

Yeah if XRP ends up on coinbase, I can't say it would be from community demand, I think it would have to come more from the top down, requested by ripple and set up a deal for the MM program for liquidity and payments on RCL, eventually via ILP...