CT99

Ripple and R3 Reach Settlement

23 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

If you work in the "legal world" you know that settlements are always the preferred outcome. Going to trial is bad news.

It is bad news if you lose, not if you win. For me it is bad news unless it is proved otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

What part of "if Ripple gave" you don't understand? 

Wow.   You specifically and clearly said without qualification:  (my bolding)

31 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

If Ripple gave the 5 billion XRPs to R3 it is obvious they thought they were going to lose and it would explain why this person 'quit' a few days ago. This is bad news. 

And then you are surprised when someone says:

25 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

Where does it say they gave anything?

Stop depressing yourself with nonsense fantasies.

I'm wondering if the entire internet is made up of moaning foolish people or if it just seems that way at times.....

Just now, Tinyaccount said:

Wow.   You specifically and clearly said without qualification:  (my bolding)

And then you are surprised when someone says:

I'm wondering if the entire internet is made up of moaning foolish people or if it just seems that way at times.....

Not moaning at all, just being reallistic. Btw, I dont trust people who always see positive news for Ripple. 

2 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

The only reality and news is that they settled. 

I bet that they flipped a coin and it was heads or tails. They lost and gave 5b.

Edited by Melkpak1

3 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

If Ripple gave the 5 billion XRPs to R3 it is obvious they thought they were going to lose and it would explain why this person 'quit' a few days ago. This is bad news. 

3 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

If Ripple..... it is obvious... it would explain...This is bad news. 

Like your grown up logic there.:crazy::wacko3:

It is bad news if you lose, not if you win. For me it is bad news unless it is proved otherwise. 

How can Ripple lose here? The ground of dispute was that R3 breached a partnership with Ripples reaction in blowing off the XRP deal. So a settlement sounds like a renewed partnership. After all it was an option to BUY XRP.... Even if they didnt win, Ripple always would have been payed for those 5B

3 hours ago, lucky said:

This is very good news, obviously, as R3 wil be yet another well funded, succesfull business with a strong incentive to build the XRP ecosystem, and help to increase the value of their assets. This also tackles the security concern.

I wonder if they are aiming to  incorporate the xrp ledger into the corda platform....? 

How can Ripple lose here? The ground of dispute was that R3 breached a partnership with Ripples reaction in blowing off the XRP deal. So a settlement sounds like a renewed partnership. After all it was an option to BUY XRP.... Even if they didnt win, Ripple always would have been payed for those 5B

Also a lot has happened lately. And not forget: SBI is working closely with R3 as well. A renewed (and better structured) partnership might be the best outcome for both. R3 has a large foot in the door with banks and Ripple has .... XRP and .... xrapid. Maybe they made plans to integrate Corda into Ripplenet? Who knows but a settlement like this in most cases bears only winners, seldom losers...

11 hours ago, Nihilist said:

Don't know what to think. At first I was glad this lawsuit unceirtanty was over, but we don't know the conditions of the settlement. I am a bit worried about the timing (last friday ripple's general counsel Brynly Llyr left the company and next working day this settlement news).

Hope to hear some more details from Ripple.

Don't vahrry too mushh darlink

14 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

The terms of the settlement are not public. You don't know if R3 is holding xrp. 

This is true, but I certainly hope that the settlement involved R3 receiving xrp (as opposed to cash or some other form of compensation).  Ripple has been needing to divest some of its huge stash of xrp, with even DK saying they could burn xrp if needed.  This is a perfect way to divest some; the terms are confidential; it doesn't hurt Ripple that much; it ends the litigation; and maybe Ripple even got something out of it on the R3 side.  And I am sure that if xrp was part of the settlement, Ripple required that R3 hold the xrp with very strict selling restrictions.