Potential For X-Rapid To Cause Decoupling? Looking for Thoughts?

As the Title indicates I’m looking for your thoughts on the de-coupling potential of X-Rapid. In theory if X-Rapid causes increased volume trade it should lead to increased XRP value so say we see a $3 per coin EOY value, if Bitcoin doesn’t rise that’s a huge step towards decoupling for us as instead of Bitcoin controlling the value of XRP due to being a market leader we will have another factor to play into the overall value of an XRP token. 

As I said this is my opinion and i am not an expert in the area, would love to hear your opinions on the matter and on my theory also. 

Yours Sincerely, 

A man hoping XRP makes him filthy rich 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If XRapid doesn’t do it, I don’t think anything will. 

So last December was the super duperest, largest possible , never to be repeated bull run, why exactly? More exchanges now, more utility, more advertising, more people interested in the market, m

As the Title indicates I’m looking for your thoughts on the de-coupling potential of X-Rapid. In theory if X-Rapid causes increased volume trade it should lead to increased XRP value so say we see a $

We don't even know how well xRapid will work.  xRapid is sourcing liquidity across exchanges in different currencies.  In order to do that you need XRP volumes ideally in the local currencies for cross border payments.  If you look at XRP volume it has declined and keeps declining over the current bear market. 

Is there even enough volume and liquidity for xRapid to function in a real world scenario?  Which corridors can xRapid support?  Maybe Korean/Japan because there is enough volume to support a small amount of exchanges.    Japanese Yen's forex market volume is $950 Billion daily volume.  XRP's entire volume which is mainly crypto-to-crypto is only $150 Million and some of that that is fake volume across shady exchanges.

Besides JYP/KRW what other corridors?  Mexican exchanges look like they only do 125K daily volume.  That is a nothing.  Ripple never gives us any information as far as how much volume was done in xRapid pilots except when the Western Union executive had something negative to say about xRapid and Ripple retorted that Western Union only did pilots with small transfers.   

3 hours ago, Benchmark said:

xRapid will not go from zero to 1000s of banks using it.

What part about "crawl walk run" is hard to understand?

I never once claimed that the immediate release of X-Rapid would cause 1000’s banks to join 

I was talking about in the medium-long term the potential of X-Rapid to cause decoupling 

People that hodl XRP hold.

People that trade XRP trade.

The big movement in price will come from usecase in any crypto.  

2019 a lot of usecase is starting for many cryptos.  

There will be bull runs in the future.

But nothing like what we saw last Dec.

1 hour ago, T800 said:

People that hodl XRP hold.

People that trade XRP trade.

The big movement in price will come from usecase in any crypto.  

2019 a lot of usecase is starting for many cryptos.  

There will be bull runs in the future.

But nothing like what we saw last Dec.

So last December was the super duperest, largest possible , never to be repeated bull run, why exactly?

More exchanges now, more utility, more advertising, more people interested in the market, more opportunity to use fiat to buy with FAR fewer hoops to jump through. Combined with REAL use by household multinationals.

All the signs point to the next phase in development being the beginning of a whole new era in crypto value and blockchain recognition in the world. The next bullrun will likely be timed to coincide with real world utilisation which will further fuel the FOMO.

Your statement genuinely makes no sense to me. Please explain.