Delectro

Do you know what you shouldn't?

4 hours ago, dragonbait said:

Stephen Fry

Nah sorry it's a quote from Douglas Adams' book Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.  

And if you don't know who Stephen Fry is, and you live in the western world, then that certainly says something about you....

16 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Nah sorry it's a quote from Douglas Adams' book Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.  

And if you don't know who Stephen Fry is, and you live in the western world, then that certainly says something about you....

The voice of the narrator in the movie

;)

4 minutes ago, dragonbait said:

The voice of the narrator in the movie

;)

I think I made a mistake in my post...  I didn't make it clear that the last sentence was refering to our flat-Earther not knowing who he is...  you do so your life has clearly been enriched by wisdom wit and humour.

31 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I've seen hitchhikers guide the movie however I'm not at all familiar with the names or quotes in the book or film either.

I apologize but, I'm going to refrain from Stephen Fry for any information regarding the earth.

For anyone interested here are a couple people I found fascinating and enjoy reading their material when I can...

- Dr. Samuel Rowbotham

- William Carpenter

- Auguste Antoine Piccard

- John Hampden

The list continues...  

@Delectro I am going to bow out of our discussion about the world.  Clearly we are both entrenched in our world-view and so there is nought to be gained by continuing to completely slide past each other's offerings.

I think the difference is that if you offered me some fundamental proof that everything was as you say,  then I might be able to be convinced to change my mind.  

However,  I am sure that you also could write the previous exact same sentence and mean it as well.  :) 

30 minutes ago, dragonbait said:

"You know the greatest danger facing us is ourselves, an irrational fear of the unknown. But there’s no such thing as the unknown — only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood"

Agreed.  However there's more to it than that.  All is already known.  Within us.   

29 minutes ago, whiteout said:

Just curious. I’m a lawyer I ask lots of questions

Have you studied Admiral Law or Maritime Law?

Ever hear of a "Jordan Maxwell"?

Some times I question what the name "ripple" has to do with "crossborder" payments...

Then, I just think about Jordan and the law.

I work at a university that pumps out aerospace, mechanical / electromechanical, and computer engineers.

I find law interesting.  I too ask lots of questions.

?