TokenBaby

Ripple's General Counsel Exits Startup, Spokesperson Says

For what it's worth...

"Ripple general counsel Brynly Llyr has exited the blockchain payments startup, a spokesperson told CoinDesk on Friday.

Llyr joined the company in 2016 as its top legal officer, remaining a part of the team for two and half years. While no reason was provided for her departure, a Ripple spokesperson told CoinDesk that her leaving was a "mutual decision" between her and the firm."

https://www.coindesk.com/ripples-general-counsel-exits-startup-spokesperson-says/

4 minutes ago, Tribble said:

Most likely moving on to better things. She is a Lawyer after all.

Twitter, Facebook, I hear they're looking for help. 

23 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Twitter, Facebook, I hear they're looking for help. 

I’m sure Tesla could use a dozen crack lawyers. After all of these top companies blow up from their problems, those lawyers will be submitting their CV’s to Ripple in droves. 

It would be nice to know a little more info about why. Hopefully more comes out shortly 

The disrespect and hate that comes out of Ripple supporters for people who leave the circle says way more about Ripple than them. And that is a huge factor in why I struggle to be an avid believer. A little dignity people.... hating the people who leave, hating the people who question, hating the people who aren't on the inside, hating the people who refuse to be spoonfed what is yet to be determined a great big pile of lies... 

What is the message here. That is behavior of a mob who is desperately hiding the truth. 

Fair enough wizann. That being said your response to the comments above are actually filled with a lot more um "direct fire under assumption." that being said it is unfortunate weather here, bitcoin, stellar, ethereum, or any other thread in crypto sphere, that the attitudes tend to shot from the hip before knowing why they are shooting. Anyway in short your hate towards the above comments seem greater than that I could find towards Mrs. Llyr.

1 hour ago, Raz said:

I’m sure Tesla could use a dozen crack lawyers. After all of these top companies blow up from their problems, those lawyers will be submitting their CV’s to Ripple in droves. 

Tesla could do with a dozen crack dealers

3 minutes ago, Pablo said:

It is unusual that a GC would resign less than 2 years into the role as those people are rusted onto their jobs. 

It tells me that the dynamics inside Ripple are changing which we have already seen with the more aggressive stance on litigation. Even the R3 litigation seemed to take a tougher route once Ben joined. That could just be coincidence but the later securities cases suggested that Ripple was definitely muscling up.  This new stance has been noted in some of the discussion about the various pieces of litigation in play.

Remember that Ripple didn’t just hire Mary-Jo, they hired Ben Lawsky and Andrew Ceresney as well. You’ve now got these massive personalities in the office everyday, running strategy. As GC, it’s really meant to be your call as to how litigation is run so there must have been major differences of opinion and it possibly got to the point where Brynly thought her authority was being undermined. A GC’s role would be exceptionally difficult with those strong, opinionated characters hovering over you the whole time. 

The other possibility is that the new hires convinced the exec team that a change in direction was required and Brynly wasn’t the person for that role anymore. The wording of the press statement suggests this was the likely scenario which is pretty extraordinary for a tech company. So the next step is that one of the new hires becomes GC or they bring in someone who is better aligned with the new strategy. 

It would be pretty tough at the moment if you’re a lawyer at Ripple so if any of them are reading this, all I can is: sit tight and ride this out - you’re about to enter the next phase of the company’s growth. :) 

Wondering when you were going to chime in....thanks for the insight.

50 minutes ago, Wizann said:

The disrespect and hate that comes out of Ripple supporters for people who leave the circle says way more about Ripple than them. And that is a huge factor in why I struggle to be an avid believer. A little dignity people.... hating the people who leave, hating the people who question, hating the people who aren't on the inside, hating the people who refuse to be spoonfed what is yet to be determined a great big pile of lies... 

What is the message here. That is behavior of a mob who is desperately hiding the truth. 

Chill out man. It's Friday. We're having fun. No one hates the lawyer. 

Maybe she left because she wants to work less. Or start a family. Or maybe she needs to move to be near a husband or partner. Maybe a sick relative. 

This isn't even interesting.....but we were having fun on a forum. Pack it up everyone. Put your humor away.