Sarah Austin: "SAP is testing XRP integrations"

I don't mean to fill this with so much SAP Ariba information, so you can ignore this if you don't care.

But if Ripple is working with SAP, I'm sure they will be working within the Ariba supply chain network.

Here is Ariba's VP of sales talking about a networked economy. More high level. http://www.argylejournal.com/chief-financial-officer/vp-of-sales-at-sap-ariba-discusses-implications-of-the-networked-economy-for-the-cfo/

Also, here is an interesting snippet from another article about Ariba.

SAP Ariba boasts over 2,000,000 companies within a system that transacts more than $2.5 billion in transactions every 24 hours across 190 countries. Adding the global payments structure of First Data means that companies can now complete the whole procurement process through to payment from within a single system. 

Full article: https://www.enterprisetimes.co.uk/2016/01/21/will-b2b-online-payments-work/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need clean underwear now .. 330,000 corporate customers in 180+ countries that all need to transfer international payments inside their international company network for procurement, sales, sal

The news in itself isn't, its nice to have XRP mentioned and confirmed its under consideration, its one more "maybe" in the bag, if they sign a contract and decide to integrate XRP and offer new servi

Posted Images

14 hours ago, stdyrm said:

This may or may not be relevant to XRP, so bear with me ... 

I did some research on AribaPay after watching Bitcoin Ben's video; I'm guessing SAP Ariba is SAP's business network you're referring to?

For those who don't know, AribaPay is a B2B payments solution for the SAP Ariba network (suppliers and buyers), that SAP worked with Discover to implement into the US, and FirstData in Europe. This is a massive B2B ecosystem which for the better or worse, incentivizes suppliers to work within the ecosystem (I've come across scathing reviews by suppliers during my research). About $40B payments processed in first 18 months after AribaPay launched. Not sure about now.

Here are some links on SAP AribaPay:

https://www.pymnts.com/news/b2b-payments/2016/how-first-data-plans-to-rev-up-b2b-payments/

https://searchsap.techtarget.com/definition/AribaPay

I don't really know about the Bitcoin Ben guy. At first it sounded like it would be plausible but then he started to talk about there was going to be a "war" between Bitcoin and XRP. This to me sounded like a fantasy in his head that would live in the mind of a bitcoin maximalist or litecoin maximalist. That there were only going to be five really big coins fighting and that one of those coins were going to be Ethereum classic also sounded like a fantasy to me. It just sounds too much what a BTC maximalist would make up in his own head. I think he might just have made that story up or perhaps parts of it. 

5 hours ago, mr_lazy85 said:

I don't really know about the Bitcoin Ben guy. At first it sounded like it would be plausible but then he started to talk about there was going to be a "war" between Bitcoin and XRP. This to me sounded like a fantasy in his head that would live in the mind of a bitcoin maximalist or litecoin maximalist. That there were only going to be five really big coins fighting and that one of those coins were going to be Ethereum classic also sounded like a fantasy to me. It just sounds too much what a BTC maximalist would make up in his own head. I think he might just have made that story up or perhaps parts of it. 

I totally agree, ole Bitcoin Ben is pretty outlandish.

Ariba was oddly specific and not a name thrown around much, so I researched out of curiosity, and it's pretty interesting, especially since Ripple has been tied to SAP before (Ariba is SAP's B2B supply chain network). Considering that, a connection between Ariba and Ripple doesn't not make sense. That being said, I'm not jumping to any conclusions but it's fun to speculate on other possibilities. More of a popcorn for thought post.

Also, that mysterious phone call sounds like such a load of ? but maybe he did some digging on XRP after it started blowing up. Maybe Darth Ripple prank called him lol.

I thought it was weird how specific he was about ETC and LTC but maybe he thought it adds credibility to his story while giving his viewers hope? Who knows

As for the war, meh. I think he was catering to his audience. But many real Bitcoin supporters have an anarchist streak, and they viewed Bitcoin as the messiah in their efforts to bring down big banks and government. To them it is very much a war and XRP overtaking Bitcoin would be a major defeat. Chris Ver (while no longer supporting Bitcoin) is a pretty good example of the ideology of the early crypto pioneers.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, ZerpHodlingsInc said:

Yep, this is a real thing. I asked SAP on facebook directly about Ripple integration and they answered positive. Maybe still a beta feature, thus no proper PR yet.

Could you post a screenshot of that facebook dialog? You can mask the stuff you dont want to be public.

26 minutes ago, ZerpHodlingsInc said:

Yep, this is a real thing. I asked SAP on facebook directly about Ripple integration and they answered positive. Maybe still a beta feature, thus no proper PR yet.

Considering xrapid have officially released two days ago is very good news. How would SAP officially confirm they integrated a software not yet on the market!?

SAP currently showcases TechEd conference in Las Vegas (Oct 2 - Oct 5). Should follow this:

https://events.sap.com/teched-2018-usa/en/home

https://news.sap.com/2018/10/sap-blockchain-integration-customer-flexibility-new-industry-consortia/

Generic extract:

Industry Groups Apply Blockchain for Safety, Transparency and Efficiency

Based on its comprehensive work with customers, SAP has formed two new industry consortium groups within the SAP Blockchain Consortium program: one for the pharmaceuticals and life sciences industries, and the other for agribusiness, consumer products and retail. The consortia bring SAP customers, partners, and other relevant players together to identify industry-spanning blockchain use cases, areas for cross-industry collaboration and further benefits of permissioned industry blockchain networks.

Given the fact that they already had integrated Ripple in their SAP Payment Engine in 2016 ( https://news.sap.com/2016/07/atb-financial-sends-one-of-the-worlds-first-real-time-payments-from-canada-to-germany-using-blockchain-technology-supported-by-sap/ ), we likely can expect adoption of XRP / RippleNet in SAP's customer use cases at any given moment.

I think SAP DE (the software company) will not join to RippleNet just to provide better service to its existing old SAP software customers. As a software company, SAP DE will probably try to sell new SAP software to its existing customers. Basically this means that SAP DE wants that the current customers migrate from their older SAP solutions to newer SAP solutions (and pay hefty bag of money to SAP DE in the process).

SAP DE will replace all of its supported older SAP ERP solutions with the new one, SAP S/4HANA. The current deadline for this is currently at 2025. This might seem a long time but the implementation and the required time for this is often counted in years for many large customers of SAP DE. I think SAP DE should incorporate RippleNet functionality to SAP S/4HANA software which should encourage the current customers to invest for the coming SAP S/4HANA upgrade.

https://www.cbronline.com/opinion/saps-2025-deadline

3 hours ago, lucky said:

Could you post a screenshot of that facebook dialog? You can mask the stuff you dont want to be public.

Yes. There was another reply mentioning a concrete SAP person on that conference able to answer my Ripple related questions, but I cannot find it anymore.

sap.jpg.b5145b4741ee63956df6aa1d06937866.jpg

2 hours ago, Zerptime said:

So this how low the source standard now here?

Well, Ripple is unusually silent the whole year, so it is extremely difficult to get any concrete info. I have added my source.

Edited by ZerpHodlingsInc
  • 3 weeks later...