Sarah Austin: "SAP is testing XRP integrations"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need clean underwear now .. 330,000 corporate customers in 180+ countries that all need to transfer international payments inside their international company network for procurement, sales, sal

The news in itself isn't, its nice to have XRP mentioned and confirmed its under consideration, its one more "maybe" in the bag, if they sign a contract and decide to integrate XRP and offer new servi

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, BibleChronologyXRP said:

Yes but if price focus is on  3 years frametime this have nothing to do with the current price, you can say the same thing when price is 200 usd, or 50 usd ! XRP price comment is another thing. xRapid going live and xrp price are 2 different things, not the same,  you can't use xrp price comment to mean that xRapid going live is only referred to the contracts, because in this way  you can keep go on infinite time saying xRapid is going live, and when people ask why is not live yet, you say ... ho , that was only contracts, and keep saying xRapid is going live, this crook scheme.

Oh don’t get me wrong Im fully expecting at least one bank to be using xrapid this year and dozens more next year. I will expect this until BG himself says otherwise.

2 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Main advantages of Ripple vs these giants are speed, flexibility and agility and needs to use them to succeed. 

The most valuable that Ripple has, is that David Schwartz, one of the real creators of XRP, the one that has not awarded himself with free tokens, but his company, to help grow his creation,  is their CTO. And by extension, Schwartz is also XRP's most valuable underlying asset. This is the original ledger that he has created, and still supports. That's good enough for me.

Edited by lucky

Mokkagebak:

I'm not saying you're wrong.  She certainly COULD have said something she wasn't supposed to say.  However, her linkedin profile says she's a consultant at SAP. A consultant, by definition, is typically not an employee.  She also provided explanations that suggest she was merely repeating information from 2016.

It's entirely possible she let something slip, but I wouldn't read too much into this.  It could be what you think.  It may not be.

1 minute ago, xrperx said:

Mokkagebak:

I'm not saying you're wrong.  She certainly COULD have said something she wasn't supposed to say.  However, her linkedin profile says she's a consultant at SAP. A consultant, by definition, is typically not an employee.  She also provided explanations that suggest she was merely repeating information from 2016.

It's entirely possible she let something slip, but I wouldn't read too much into this.  It could be what you think.  It may not be.

Why would she even post that if it were not true? As a consultant she would know about it so it's really irrelevant if she's an employee or consultant. Makes no difference.

Why would she even post that if it were not true? As a consultant she would know about it so it's really irrelevant if she's an employee or consultant. Makes no difference.

You're free to believe what you want.  She explained she was referring to information known since 2016.  If you choose not to accept that explanation, that's fine.  I suggest some of you go back and watch DM Logic's video about connecting dots.  Unless you have firsthand knowledge, you simply don't know.  I guess I'm just saying that I'm as ready as anyone for XRP to moon, but the reaction to this tweet smacks of confirmation bias to me.  Or, to put it in the words of that great cinematic philosopher, Inigo Montoya, "I do not think it means what you think it means."

14 hours ago, lucky said:

The most valuable that Ripple has, is that David Schwartz, one of the real creators of XRP, the one that has not awarded himself with free tokens, but his company, to help grow his creation,  is their CTO. And by extension, Schwartz is also XRP's most valuable underlying asset. This is the original ledger that he has created, and still supports. That's good enough for me.

You are a true fan haha. You cannot put your hope in one employee. What happens if that employee leaves? 

1 hour ago, AlvaroXRP said:

You are a true fan haha. You cannot put your hope in one employee. What happens if that employee leaves? 

The same thing that will happen when Vitalik Buterin leaves Ethereum.  In both cases it makes a difference if they leave before or after their mission has succeeded, and the token they've created is used in global commerce.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, kbull said:

https://news.sap.com/2016/07/atb-financial-sends-one-of-the-worlds-first-real-time-payments-from-canada-to-germany-using-blockchain-technology-supported-by-sap/

circa 2016

TORONTO — ATB Financial, the largest Alberta-based financial institution, has collaborated with SAP SE (NYSE: SAP), financial technology start-up Ripple and ReiseBank AG in Germany to send the first real international blockchain payment from Canada to Germany.

I posted a video in the press section but maybe better to have used general discussion. 

Anyway, take it with a grain of salt (it's a mysterious phone call to Bitcoin Ben ?) but it does raise some interesting questions. Around 16:00 he talks about AribaPay which I am unfamiliar with but it looks like a joint product between SAP and Discover global network. Sounds like a massive payment network.

Sorry if it's too speculative, but does anyone have insight/knowledge on AribaPay? 

On 9/8/2018 at 2:55 AM, lucky said:

Integrating RippleNet payments into SAP business software would be an absolute killer feature. Of course they're testing with it, SAP is a partner for years already.

This may or may not be relevant to XRP, so bear with me ... 

I did some research on AribaPay after watching Bitcoin Ben's video; I'm guessing SAP Ariba is SAP's business network you're referring to?

For those who don't know, AribaPay is a B2B payments solution for the SAP Ariba network (suppliers and buyers), that SAP worked with Discover to implement into the US, and FirstData in Europe. This is a massive B2B ecosystem which for the better or worse, incentivizes suppliers to work within the ecosystem (I've come across scathing reviews by suppliers during my research). About $40B payments processed in first 18 months after AribaPay launched. Not sure about now.

Here are some links on SAP AribaPay:

https://www.pymnts.com/news/b2b-payments/2016/how-first-data-plans-to-rev-up-b2b-payments/

https://searchsap.techtarget.com/definition/AribaPay