Sign in to follow this  
JoelQuinn

Ripple : Cory Johnson our digital economy: to crypto and back at CXC Panel

"If there only purpose is a store of value that ridiculous" 

LOL! Love it.

Also - at marker 22:20 the lady in green gives a great response about it being a form of payment that does not rely on someone elses approval. Yes!

(Paul Krugman - Role: as the bad cop,,,, Oh wait, he's not acting, he's just nearly always wrong about all things economic)

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Staigera said:

What the hell is that special agent woman even doing there, waste of space.

Somewhere out there is a tree working tirelessly 24 hours day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year to produce oxygen for her. She should go to the nearest tree and apologise. Waste of oxygen....

What are these people talking about jeez? People still talk about "store of value"?

What about "nobody wants instant value transfers, customers don't care!"

edit: "Woo I use bitcoin every day! It's an ever day thing to me. I book flights with it!" dflömsadfsklöafdslkö

Edited by Skippy

I think that was the worst talk show with a Ripple employee ever.
Oh my God, that was wasted time. Cory did his best, but he could have talked to Krugman and 4 chimpanzees, same effect.

Edited by Elysium2030

6 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

I think that was the worst talk show with a Ripple employee ever.
Oh my God, that was wasted time. Cory did his best, but he could have talked to Krugman and 4 chimpanzees, same effect.

I guess any publicity is good for Ripple but the audience they are heading for do not care about such plenums

Edited by Sarnos

The Law Enforcement lady is 100% correct, cryptos are a very useless form of payment for the masses. An average person who isn't a crypto enthusiast would not go buy XRP or Bitcoin just to spend on the daily when he/she can just use a credit card

Edited by AlibabaGrp

23 minutes ago, GrayFox said:

Somewhere out there is a tree working tirelessly 24 hours day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year to produce oxygen for her. She should go to the nearest tree and apologise. Waste of oxygen....

Why so rude? IMO she made a good point by stating that a tokenized economy is not realistic. People are lazy!

There’s a usecase for XRP!

I can’t watch any further when Paul Krugman asks “does anyone care?”, and Cory does not have an answer to that. He has a few things to learn still. You’ve got to have a direct answer to that, Cory, it is the most crucial question, that questions the basis of your product.

Yes users care, because those unsettled payments that run on credit via a third party are expensive. That may not be a big problem for the type of payments we make today, it’s certainly a big problem for the magnitude of global payments and micropayments we want to make tomorrow, to facilitate all those usecases that will become possible when sending money over the Internet will work the same way as sending packets of data over the Internet. Without requiring permission of a third party.

Just now, lucky said:

I can’t watch any further when Paul Krugman asks “does anyone care?”, and Cory does not have an answer to that. He has a few things to learn still. You’ve got to have a direct answer to that, Cory, it is the most crucial question, that questions the basis of your product.

Yes users care, because those unsettled payments that run on credit via a third party are expensive. That may not be a big problem for the type of payments we make today, it’s certainly a big problem for the magnitude of global payments and micropayments we want to make tomorrow, to facilitate all those usecases that will become possible when sending money over the Internet will work the same way as sending packets of data over the Internet. Without requiring permission of a third party.

Brad Garlinghouse has said a few times XRP's use case happens behind the scene and yet Cory failed to give that answer. Yea customers don't care but the banks do. Banks save money and time

9 minutes ago, AlibabaGrp said:

Brad Garlinghouse has said a few times XRP's use case happens behind the scene and yet Cory failed to give that answer. Yea customers don't care but the banks do. Banks save money and time

Yep. But ultimately they want, no, need to save that money and time to meet the expectations of their customers, who want faster and cheaper payments.

3 minutes ago, lucky said:

Yep. But ultimately they want, no, need to save that money and time to meet the expectations of their customers, who want faster and cheaper payments.

The discussion was around Venmo. You're talking about country to another country payments. But even with Venmo, you still have to wait a couple of days before the money moves from Venmo to your bank account, so yea that's an argument

Edited by AlibabaGrp

1 hour ago, GrayFox said:

Agree