LAH

Hodl historically the thing to do: The Great Crypto Conspiracy of 2018

28 minutes ago, ripplegigolo said:

After following this cryptogame for some years now, to me this is obvious. Especially after listening til this Krail video. It`s all about COI (conflict of interest) that elicts the inverse narrative, where professionals tell media and retail investors that black is white and white is black. Point to BTC, buy XRP behind the scenes, and sell BTC on top when retail investors has emtied their pocket. This will go on as long there is any BTC maximalist left out there. 

Makes sense.

4 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Interesting read. But the question remains, if institutions wanted to load up on cryptos, why wait until after the Dec/Jan explosion? Did that prove something that needed to be proved? 

It probably showed that immense amounts of money could be made based on absolutely nothing!

7 hours ago, xrphilosophy said:

This is an example of the perfect crime . They announced they would launch a crypto trading desk in February or March I remember perfectly reading about it and I actually posted the news on this forum. They had just launched the futures short contracts before that. 

Now can you imagine how much money they’re making right now on those shorts !! Just by manipulating the news !!

This is evil genius at its best :)

On 9/5/2018 at 5:52 PM, LAH said:

Don’t be a victim of this strategy. The key is to focus on what institutions are doing…not on what they’re saying.

THIS, THIS and THIS

Edited by xSODAx

On 9/5/2018 at 8:49 PM, Staigera said:

Like the post, but why would institutions waste time with BTC they should also know it's a dying horse to bet on.

Brad Garlinghouse says he is long BTC.

Probably not a bad idea, just like bitcoin drags the entire market down with it in the past and also now, i feel like in the future when XRP or other coins go up it will probably take BTC with them.

1 minute ago, Raiden said:

Brad Garlinghouse says he is long BTC.

Probably not a bad idea, just like bitcoin drags the entire market down with it in the past and also now, i feel like in the future when XRP or other coins go up it will probably take BTC with them.

Why? It has zero utility. It's foolish to just hope that BTC keeps rising on speculation, while the mining costs are a real thread. I think BG says he's long on BTC because he wants to give the BTC maximalists the feeling that the CEO of Ripple gives a crap about BTC aswell because for now BTC is still king.  FOR NOW.

32 minutes ago, Staigera said:

I think BG says he's long on BTC because he wants to give the BTC maximalists the feeling that the CEO of Ripple gives a crap about BTC aswell because for now BTC is still king.  FOR NOW.

I used to think that too.  But now I think they actually do believe BTC has a future.

I'm sure they realise how harmful it is to the environment, and how inefficient and essentially obsolete, but that doesn't actually mean that it's going away.  This crazy market could continue to invest Bitcoin with value long after its clear that it shouldn't be...  

So Brad, David and others see that, and consider it as having a future even if it's undeserved.  That's my read on it anyway.

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

I used to think that too.  But now I think they actually do believe BTC has a future.

I'm sure they realise how harmful it is to the environment, and how inefficient and essentially obsolete, but that doesn't actually mean that it's going away.  This crazy market could continue to invest Bitcoin with value long after its clear that it shouldn't be...  

So Brad, David and others see that, and consider it as having a future even if it's undeserved.  That's my read on it anyway.

I see your point, but isn't the cost of keeping BTC operational compared to the profit it brings to it's miners getting slimmer by the day, and the costs of keeping it in the air increasing by the day. 

I believe once XRP takes over it's done with BTC all the big miners will jump on XRP and BTC will crash or will be stuck around a lower price. 

That's my take on it, curious to see what will happen in the future. :JC_thinking:

Edited by Staigera

12 minutes ago, Staigera said:

I see your point, but isn't the cost of keeping BTC operational compared to the profit it brings to it's miners getting slimmer by the day, and the costs of keeping it in the air increasing by the day. 

I believe once XRP takes over it's done with BTC all the big miners will jump on XRP and BTC will crash or will be stuck around a lower price. 

That's my take on it, curious to see what will happen in the future. :JC_thinking:

I think you may be right....  it's what should happen in a sane world...   But I've come to believe that Brad et al are of a different view.