If you could go back in time, would you sell at $3.50 if you couldn't reinvest??

Cash Out or HODL???  

203 members have voted

1. 1. If you could go back in time, would you sell at $3.50 if you couldn't reinvest??

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Blubber said:

Yes, this so-call forum and core cabal of those advancing a personal agenda has not done much to present anything resembling a balanced point-of-view regarding this investment. It has been encouraged by poor moderation and the ridiculous hierarchy that has gone to the heads of the easily swayed. 

Oh please anointed one, forsake us not. Shower us with your copious expertise. ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Relatively new to the forum but want to open a topic of discussion whilst the market remains dormant. A curious question really and I am sure many people here will hold similar opini

Let’s all give @Spekul8 some space so he can walk on water since he’s so wise and perfect. Some people are here to make a little money here and a little there. Some are hear to the support Ripple and

For years? I’m on the forum since august 2017, but those who said “ buy buy buy” have been right from jan 1, 2017 till almost end of 2017.  XRP made 36000% ROI in 2017 with three bull runs , marc

2 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

For years? I’m on the forum since august 2017, but those who said “ buy buy buy” have been right from jan 1, 2017 till almost end of 2017. 

XRP made 36000% ROI in 2017 with three bull runs , march/ april 1000%,  may 1000%, december 1200%. 

Doesn’t matter on which day you bought in 2017 ( even at ATH in april and later in may): you would have made huge profits if you held until the run in december. 

During the run in december I didn’t buy more on the way up, although you could speak of some peer pressure on the forum, I did get my initial investment back near ATH, but had I known a bearmarket was to follow, I would have sold all obviously. Easy spoken in hindsight. 

Point is:  those who said “ buy buy buy” in 2017 were right!  Those who said “ buy” during the december run up to last ATH were wrong. Those who are saying “ buy” during the last 8 months, could be wrong but do have a high statistic probability to be right if one hold for 1-2 yrs from now on.

I should have added "buy, buy and never sell" and it's not hindsight. Every time there was a price correction and people "commented "I can buy more" I was commenting that they should not add money to losing positions because I was suspecting we will have a correction of unseen magnitude. This is all because of the euphoric/unrealistic and views here...not to mention the part where people mention they are glued to their phones for quotes/ 

Spare me the "high statistical probability" and labelling it with time. This has been everyone excuse here. 1 year, 2 year or ten year. 

we are heading to a correction that most here would get a mental breakdown from. People who are looking at this for first time and consider buying it should ONLY buy it if it breaks 1.00. They should not try and pick a bottom. 

No Lambo. No Moon. 36,000% you take it. seal it...and NEVER look at this asset again. 

On 9/5/2018 at 9:16 PM, Spekul8 said:

Let me give you my Poll: You win the Greed Monster of a lifetime. You were able to cover the mortgage and you did not? People work 30 years to cover mortgages, and if you add the interest rates charges, the average person pays 5X of the value of the loan.  So by not taking the profit, you have skipped 5X of the current value of the mortgage. You didn't even sell a little bit? 

What did you come here for? Get sympathy from a bunch of "holdlers" that are underwater like you? 

Be responsible and sell some and bring it home. You have a Kid!  You make choices for everyone now.  

He didnt ask for ridicule...sheesh

Edited by DaveEllisXRP
32 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

I should have added "buy, buy and never sell" and it's not hindsight. Every time there was a price correction and people "commented "I can buy more" I was commenting that they should not add money to losing positions because I was suspecting we will have a correction of unseen magnitude. This is all because of the euphoric/unrealistic and views here...not to mention the part where people mention they are glued to their phones for quotes/ 

Spare me the "high statistical probability" and labelling it with time. This has been everyone excuse here. 1 year, 2 year or ten year. 

we are heading to a correction that most here would get a mental breakdown from. People who are looking at this for first time and consider buying it should ONLY buy it if it breaks 1.00. They should not try and pick a bottom. 

No Lambo. No Moon. 36,000% you take it. seal it...and NEVER look at this asset again. 

I am wondering what the comments looked like when last major bitcoin price correction occurred.

Edited by MQB
25 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

we are heading to a correction that most here would get a mental breakdown from. 

First, to answer the OP, yes I should have sold. Looking back, I could have paid off my student loans and bought back in with the left over cash and I would have more XRP now than when I started. The thing is, I never thought we would dip below 40 cents. Here I am, in the red today.

Looking back, I should have focused on whether or not Ripple had a solid base of customers using XRP and xRapid. If the answer was yes, then I should have held. But we know that XRPs usage is limited at the moment at best, hence the price and lack of volume and why the price is chained to BTC.

Specul8, do you think we're heading lower in price? If so, why? 

13 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

So your advice is to only buy if it breaks $ 1.  And to not count on high ROI’s again. ( only for XRP or the whole crypto?)

Ok, thanks. I consider it, together with the 57 other strategies given on this forum, Reddit and Trading View. 

For me it’s a gamble with money I can afford to lose. It could go much much lower, but I believe there will come a day that it goes up again and the 5-th “ bubble” forms. 

https://hackernoon.com/marketcycle-4e5407d0c68

And if not: life goes on. Crypto gave me lots of joy and insights, not to mention this forum. 

I agree with those who say that dreaming isn’t bad:  only when it becomes an obsession it goes terribly wrong, especially in a bearmarket.  The same goes for an obsession to warn people for a “reset” or “ mental breakdown” . 

Crypto is unpredictable, accept it !

It can go to $0.001 or to  $ 10 within 6 months. Your prediction is as good as any other.

Overpessimism isn’t the answer to overoptimism.

9 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

I am sorry that your idea of "class" is comforting someone like a support group without substance.  

This forum has been one long sales pitch of buy buy buy and "to the moon" for years now. This investing mentality is misleading, and in the end, leads to a simple guy putting 40% of his savings to XRP.  This is destructive. I agree with you that many are in this boat, but the last thing you should do is comfort them because they may have a chance one day to bail out at B/E or higher, and then they should consider what that means in the real world of their finances. 

XRP hyper-bullish mentality led many here down the wrong path and will continue be so until you or anyone else understands that you need to have a strategy, not hope. 

On a personal note, if I had a chance to impact that guy, that would be great. Maybe in the future, if he encounters more opportunities, he will meet more people like me who tell can tell him that 2000% return is once in a lifetime. ONCE IN A LIFETIME! 

"support group without substance?"  LOL...Hardly.  I am not here to coddle anyone who may have realized in hindsight that they made an incorrect or even completely failed decision or judgment.  Nor am I here to harshly criticize them.  Contrary to your analysis, I don't accept the premise that everyone here who invested during the bull run was basing their decisions on hyper-bullish mentality, or hope devoid of any strategy.  There were, and will continue to be, many, many educated people who miscalculated the top and got burned.  It happens.  I just don't think that it is useful to be rude and/or hypercritical of others for their vulnerabilities when they disclose their errors or misjudgments.  And if you really want to "impact that guy," I would venture to say that you would have more of a chance of doing so by extending a tad bit of respect.  But, whatever.  My thoughts only.  We all have our rights to our own opinions and how we choose to interact with others.  If you are having the effect you hope to have by your method of giving feedback, then kudos to you.  Cheers!  :drinks:

3 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

I respect your opinion @Spekul8 but disagree with it. 

For me I believe in the long term future of XRP and believe it is completely undervalued at present and at these prices is very attractive.

Im not saying this is the bottom, it may not be. It’s impossible to correctly time the bottom. 

If you are able to HODL long term then buy now what you can afford to lose and forget about XRP for a month, 6 months a year or two and IMO you will get a great ROI on your investment. 

9 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

I am sorry that your idea of "class" is comforting someone like a support group without substance.  

This forum has been one long sales pitch of buy buy buy and "to the moon" for years now. This investing mentality is misleading, and in the end, leads to a simple guy putting 40% of his savings to XRP.  This is destructive. I agree with you that many are in this boat, but the last thing you should do is comfort them because they may have a chance one day to bail out at B/E or higher, and then they should consider what that means in the real world of their finances. 

XRP hyper-bullish mentality led many here down the wrong path and will continue be so until you or anyone else understands that you need to have a strategy, not hope. 

On a personal note, if I had a chance to impact that guy, that would be great. Maybe in the future, if he encounters more opportunities, he will meet more people like me who tell can tell him that 2000% return is once in a lifetime. ONCE IN A LIFETIME! 

Geez. Always with the “I know best” message with you. Fact is there are more things to be excited about with Ripple & XRP then there are reason to be concerned at this time. For God sake, Ripple is on the verge of launching the first blockchain/crypto product (xRapid) to be actually adopted by many institutions across the world. Seems reasonable to be excited and bullish.

That being said there are some here too bullish and some here that are too pessimistic. That’s actually healthy for a forum. It creates conversation (like this one). But peoples bullishness here didnt lead someone to invest 40% of their savings irresponsibly. Thats ********. That was a lack of “do your own research” and lack of financial sense on their part, plain and simple. Using this person as an example to prove this forum is too bullish is ridiculous. It only proves the original foundation which everyone believes in (bullish or pessimistic) which is; do your own research and don’t invest more then you can afford to loose.   

Using someone else’s mistakes/misfortune to push your own agenda = low class. 

Since you say a 2,000% return is ONLY once in a lifetime, then you must believe that xrp can NEVER reach $5.40 (which is 2000% of .27). Is that true, do you think XRP will never reach $5.40? 

15 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

Maybe in the future, if he encounters more opportunities, he will meet more people like me who tell can tell him that 2000% return is once in a lifetime. ONCE IN A LIFETIME! 

Oh dear. I had a 20,000% return on a penny stock in the mid 2000s. Some of you folks might still have a chance to take a 1000%+ out of this one, but I don't. :(

Obviously this can never happen again - 

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/ico-mangrove-capital-average-returns-crypto-icos-2017-10?r=UK&IR=T

Edited by OzAlphaWolf
3 hours ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Oh dear. I had a 20,000% return on a penny stock in the mid 2000s. Some of you folks might still have a chance to take a 1000%+ out of this one, but I don't. :(

Obviously this can never happen again - 

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/ico-mangrove-capital-average-returns-crypto-icos-2017-10?r=UK&IR=T

Michael Jackson, the former COO of Skype and a partner at Mangrove, authored the report and looked at data on 204 ICOs with “known outcomes” — ones where tokens are now being actively traded on exchanges or have failed since issue.

Jackson’s findings highlight why many institutional investors — from hedge funds to investment banks — are now waking up to the cryptocurrency space.

D4318666-3EEE-4044-9CEA-4F4F49997D12.gif.f97da93f62fc1bdb1b9b7eeaaacbc2db.gif

I knew it!  He’s still around!!!! 

On 9/8/2018 at 5:46 PM, Mr_Cambridge said:

First, to answer the OP, yes I should have sold. Looking back, I could have paid off my student loans and bought back in with the left over cash and I would have more XRP now than when I started. The thing is, I never thought we would dip below 40 cents. Here I am, in the red today.

Looking back, I should have focused on whether or not Ripple had a solid base of customers using XRP and xRapid. If the answer was yes, then I should have held. But we know that XRPs usage is limited at the moment at best, hence the price and lack of volume and why the price is chained to BTC.

Specul8, do you think we're heading lower in price? If so, why? 

People can not predict euphoria or how low prices can dip.  But very high prices (big profits) or meager prices (losses) can "paralyze" people to indecision. It takes way above average discipline to take profits, and at the same times to cut losses to prevent further losses. Most cannot and will not make money even in the biggest bull markets in the world. So to those who say they rather lose than take a small profit is precisely why they will lose.   

Since you have students loans, I assume you are young. You should not be playing Crypro. You should be investing in companies that have a positive cash flow.  Talent is talent. They will go through many fluctuations as well, but in 20-30 years, you will look back and see that you made the right move. 

Ripple is a startup. An experiment. The lower it goes the harder it would be to recover. 

As to your question, why I think it will go lower. First, you must remember that the price of over $3 bucks was an anomaly. You can not treat it as a number. It could have been5 or even 20 during that Feb period. What I am trying to say that we have no reference as to what XRP should be. When there is no explicit reference system, prices sink. Second, XRP demise is not because of Ripple as a company. It is because all coins are tied up in the exchnages algorithmically, and 90% have to go. They are worthless. This will crush even the legitimate ones. Third, it is becoming clear that any specific blockchain technology can succeed without its coin. Ethreun can do well without ETH, and Ripple can rock with XRP staying as is.

You are fortunate you learning this while you are young. This is a lesson that speculation is not the way to riches. Stay in schools, cover your debt, then your mortgage and you will be ahead 90% of the people. Spend your time well. Don't spend it all here! Stay in schools and get the Audible app. I wish I would listen to books on the way to schools when I was younger. Listen to sales books....over and over. After many years of being in business, I still read at least one book a week. I listen to sales, marketing, and interpersonal relationships. These kills enabled me to have checks in my hands that I never thought I would hold.

XRP is a come in your book of life, and It's meaningless.

Lastly, let's assume that XRP will be 100 tomorrow. All 5,000 members will become millionaires overnight. The statistics say 4,850 will become even less fortunate than they were before they made money. It takes maturity, IQ, and discipline to hold on to cash.

When I was in school, I lost 10K on a penny stock. One smart man told me what I am telling you today. I am just paying forward. Your loss now is your biggest gain because it will keep your priorities straight.

One day you will trade like a pro. It will happen when you will have money coming from so many sources you will not care whether you win or lose.

Wishing you well.

Spek

Edited by Spekul8