27 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

Ethereum went from $10 to $1,353 in less than a year. Aside from ETH being listed on twice as many exchanges as XRP, I have a hard time understanding why XRP couldn't/wouldn't have a similar run when xRapid goes lives. 

Can anyone elaborate?

I think XRP is immune to everything... good news-no movement (long term movement, not pump), real partnership announcment-no movement, coil programme-no movement,... waiting for something that COULD move the price, but guess what, no one knows what will move the price. Everyone is just listing projects, start ups, white papers that will potentialy move the price but again NOTHING. Meanwhile f u c k i n g dogecoin is mooning. 

32 minutes ago, XRPSlovenia said:

I think XRP is immune to everything... good news-no movement (long term movement, not pump), real partnership announcment-no movement, coil programme-no movement,... waiting for something that COULD move the price, but guess what, no one knows what will move the price. Everyone is just listing projects, start ups, white papers that will potentialy move the price but again NOTHING. Meanwhile f u c k i n g dogecoin is mooning. 

That is a good thing for me. Right now speculators move the market. XRP price not moving with strong partnerships and other coins (Monero in this case) mooning with just a price prediction from a research "firm", it seems to me that the market is pretty stupid. Speculators are not smart money. This shows that there is huge potential for growth when (regulations are key) the smart money (aka institutional investors) make their way to crypto market.

It is very hard to imagine what the digitalisation of money will do to our lives, but the benefits are going to be so huge that once it starts there will be no going back

"Rich Data Attached (Invoice attached for easy reconciliation)

End-to-end Transparency (Total costs known in advance)

Complete Certainty (real-time settlement)"

As thought experiment pretend in your mind you are in 1980 looking forward at the digitalisation of Telecoms

• enabled mobile phones
  • enabled peer to peer without going through exchanges
  • enabled satellite transmission (do you remember the lag when you spoke to someone half way across the world)
  • enabled encryption and privacy settings and secure payments
  • cut prices
  • enabled the Internet to happen

Rich data on your phone lines

Faxing

Pictures and video on your telephone screen

Text messaging and email with attachments

Automated recognition of names and addresses before you answer

End to End Transparancy

Itemised billing

Complete Certainty (real-time settlement)

No more crossed lines

Additional benefits that have accompanied owning a mobile phone 

GPS with direction and route finders

Inbuilt clock and cameras

Thousands and thousands of aps telling you local information and giving you services you never dreamed of

Fitbit and Health monitors

These are off the top of my head - perhaps someone could correct or improve on my analogy.

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, XRPboi said:

Ethereum went from $10 to $1,353 in less than a year. Aside from ETH being listed on twice as many exchanges as XRP, I have a hard time understanding why XRP couldn't/wouldn't have a similar run when xRapid goes lives. 

Can anyone elaborate?

XRP already did. It went from $0.01 in March 2017 to a high of $3.84 in early January of this year. Obviously, it didn't sustain those prices, but that was a parabolic greater than Ethereum's rise. It's likely we'll see a significant rise in XRP value over time, but it's very unlikely to be the same kind of 100x parabolic we've already seen.

2 hours ago, icebreath said:

Speculators are not smart money. This shows that there is huge potential for growth when (regulations are key) the smart money (aka institutional investors) make their way to crypto market. 

Found myself nodding to this statement. 

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

These are off the top of my head - perhaps someone could correct or improve on my analogy.

Outstanding analogies exist in bulk for what XRP is about to do. :yes3: Once again you bring forth outstanding examples that are based in fact and history... and in the fact that they are recent technological innovation examples. 

This is true analysis and critical thought - thank you @Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, exodus3252 said:

but it's very unlikely to be the same kind of 100x parabolic we've already seen.

I disagree: While I don't know when the new parabolic price increase will take place, I believe that it will take place.  That was the point of my introduction to the blog - the last one took place with just a few main exchanges, and those ones encountered great difficulties in on-boarding new traders.  Now we have over 300% more exchanges, and there is very little obstructing new investors from very quickly transfering fiat value. 

The current status of XRP's liquidity ecosystem is literally apples-and-oranges different than last December.

That being said, my hope is that the new parabolic price increase will be reflective of paralleled utility-driven demand this time, so that we can plateau the price and stabilize it at the new level.  :JC_thinking:

Edited by Hodor

9 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Outstanding analogies exist in bulk for what XRP is about to do. :yes3: Once again you bring forth outstanding examples that are based in fact and history... and in the fact that they are recent technological innovation examples. 

This is true analysis and critical thought - thank you @Julian_Williams

Very kind, not sure deserved.  I think I have missed articulating the biggest prize which I think will be related to the articulation and conjoining of different data in innovative ways.  I think digitalisation is about managing data in new and useful ways, but perhaps this area will be the one with the biggest unknowns that are the most difficult to foresee.

2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I disagree: While I don't know when the new parabolic price increase will take place, I believe that it will take place.  That was the point of my introduction to the blog - the last one took place with just a few main exchanges, and those ones encountered great difficulties in on-boarding new traders.  Now we have over 300% more exchanges, and there is very little obstructing new investors from very quickly transfering fiat value. 

The current status of XRP's liquidity ecosystem is literally apples-and-oranges different than last December.

That being said, my hope is that the new parabolic price increase will be reflective of paralleled utility-driven demand this time, so that we can plateau the price and stabilize it at the new level.  :JC_thinking:

This is spot on.

9 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

perhaps this area will be the one with the biggest unknowns that are the most difficult to foresee.

Maybe this is what David Schwartz was getting at in his interview from C++ Chat:  just like nobody predicted Netflix or Twitter or Uber, it's going to take some creative visionaries to put micropayments and Coil to good use.  The one example he came up with (dynamic micro-hosting fees financed through Coil) was interesting, but I think this was one of those "off the top his head" comments that he is so famous for; just look at the XRP Tip Bot for an example - it's cheap, fun, and easy... and it's taking over social tipping!

Now proprietary competition has sprung up to try and compete with @xrptipbot but WietseWind has an incredible first-mover lead on them, and the Tip Bot's balance is growing quite large even from these small social tipping payments! 

And the Tip Bot started before Coil... just imagine what else is in store...

15 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Maybe this is what David Schwartz was getting at in his interview from C++ Chat:  just like nobody predicted Netflix or Twitter or Uber, it's going to take some creative visionaries to put micropayments and Coil to good use.  The one example he came up with (dynamic micro-hosting fees financed through Coil) was interesting, but I think this was one of those "off the top his head" comments that he is so famous for; just look at the XRP Tip Bot for an example - it's cheap, fun, and easy... and it's taking over social tipping!

Now proprietary competition has sprung up to try and compete with @xrptipbot but WietseWind has an incredible first-mover lead on them, and the Tip Bot's balance is growing quite large even from these small social tipping payments! 

And the Tip Bot started before Coil... just imagine what else is in store...

yes, those are the sorts of innovative approaches that just take off.  I forgot to add encryption in my earlier post so I post-edited it to my list of advantages of digital telecoms

Thank you Hodor for another educational and interesting read.  You are the master of compiling relevant information and presenting it in a well thought out and easy to read manner.  I would love to see you interview David Schwartz in a AMA situation.  It would be epic!