XRPfan1013

Bitcoin To $96,000, XRP To $0.01 By 2023, ICO Advisor Satis Group Estimates

24 minutes ago, BibleChronologyXRP said:

This quote kills me "Little value in XRP and cryptoassets which are misleadingly marketed, not needed within their own network, and have centralized ownership/validation.”

How can a so called advisory group stand behind that statement? Would love to know what actual ICO's Satis Group has worked on considering no other digital asset has utility like XRP. 

My theory is they are purposefully steering the common folk away from XRP as the price is so low right now and they will be able to sell XRP to those same common folk at a premium soon.... once they “realize the utility” or some BS. 

11 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

Yeah. I barely had to try to find out some shiz on them, so they must be pretty shady. Satis' CEO, Emma Channing, was canned by Argon group (her former employer) because of:

".....the discovery of evidence suggesting serious misconduct by her, including the potential misappropriation of Argon assets and intellectual property for her personal gain, and the dereliction of her fiduciary duties as the general counsel and an officer of the company,” Brian Ruby, a spokesman for the company, told The Post.

If I was new to crypto and researching it, I would just say, "Screw this. This industry is too crazy. None of the 'experts' agree on anything.".

I got your back.... 

https://nypost.com/2017/12/01/mass-firings-at-top-digital-currency-investment-bank/

6 minutes ago, HumphreyBear said:

Must remember to repost this in 2013 , think they got xrp and Btc the wrong way around

2013. Let me know when you're heading back. I gave a t-shirt to an ex but I really wish I hadn't. 

This is too funny?, I almost would say the article was ment to be published on theonion.com .

ICO advisory firm Satis Group

Say what? ICO Advisory Form? The one stop shop to diginguish which scam is the best scam out there? Djeez.. 

The report’s outlook on so-called utility tokens was is also less than optimistic. 

Yikes, actual utility, no, that's not what coins should do ?

(..) having high use, and in turn lower value as a result of the high velocity.”

Indeed , we hate speed.. The internet should slow down, that's where the real value will be..

I guess Forbes has become a platform where all misleading opinion pieces are more than welcome. 

2 hours ago, XRPfan1013 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/astanley/2018/08/31/bitcoin-to-96000-xrp-to-0-01-by-2023-ico-advisor-satis-group-estimates/#75794a9b1490

image.png.71d8677e034275835834791c1202a31a.png

image.thumb.png.eb5ae78763f008229699eb710b56561a.png

Alright everyone time to sell we are going to $ .01 by 2023 LOL. 

This quote kills me "Little value in XRP and cryptoassets which are misleadingly marketed, not needed within their own network, and have centralized ownership/validation.”

How can a so called advisory group stand behind that statement? Would love to know what actual ICO's Satis Group has worked on considering no other digital asset has utility like XRP. 

The only reason I found this interesting was that Forbes published this and is a credible source to many people who don't do their own research. 

More like the other way around. 

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

My theory is they are purposefully steering the common folk away from XRP as the price is so low right now and they will be able to sell XRP to those same common folk at a premium soon.... once they “realize the utility” or some BS. 

I do not listen these kind of bullshits, I was online when bitcoin was 1 dollar,  and I was steered away  and  I'm not going to do the same mistake ....

Post scriptum:  now, in more the predictions are sshittyy  in more I believe in a bright future, so that is a good article for me...

Edited by BibleChronologyXRP

I especially liked this comment;

“(T)he high velocity of these applications combined with a lack of value-retaining construct will result in them either: 1) being not used and sinking in value, or 2) having high use, and in turn lower value as a result of the high velocity.”

I can conclude from this that they have done little to no research whatsoever.

Full report is linked below if anyone wants to dive into it:

https://research.bloomberg.com/pub/res/d37g1yWebn9LbRbS09rquSuSoDQ

I haven't had time to fully dive in and digest the report but from a brief skim through it looked like they were applying MV = PQ as the primary methodology for valuing a crypto asset. This is the same methodology used in the valuation models I've posted in xrpchat with the link to the shared google doc. Based on their concluding value per unit of XPR they must have assumed a high velocity for XRP, which is fair, but at the end of the day is just an assumption around velocity. The only reason bitcoin's derived value is so high (applying the MV = PQ methodology) is because they use it as a store of value use case, which inherently has a velocity of zero. 

While this methodology may be fair to use, it is heavily (emphasis on heavily) based on the input assumptions used to derive output values. And predicting velocity is just that, a prediction. I wouldn't necessarily call it FUD, instead I would question their assumptions surrounding velocity, monetary base (i.e. number of units of XRP in circulation at any given point in time), and the size of the total addressable market that they used (and if they used multiple or one). Additionally, the total addressable market size used today most likely isn't factoring other potential use cases that could arise in the future. Lastly, I didn't see them apply the other commonly used valuation methodology, which is metcalfe's law (the value of a network is the number of users in the network, squared, times a coefficient).

Would have been nice for them to apply both methodologies and then present valuations based on both, rather than just one thereby, allowing the reader to apply what they think is appropriate and attempt to remove bias from the report. Would have also been great for them to give specifics about their assumptions rather than just throwing out valuations. For example, if I run a DCF analysis on a company and say that sales will grow at 25% (which may be totally false) this will drive the outputs to be false, since my going-in inputs are false. The MV = PQ approach can be referred to as "Garbage in, Garbage out" meaning that if the input assumptions are garbage (not accurate) then the output results will be garbage (not accurate). The methodology hinges on having the correct inputs to derive the correct outputs, which is much easier said than done.

Hope this helps everyone and please add if I missed anything.

I haven't read all of the document neither, I mean xmr at 18k, xrp at 0..

9 minutes ago, Mpolnet said:

Based on their concluding value per unit of XPR they must have assumed a high velocity for XRP, which is fair, but at the end of the day is just an assumption around velocity. The only reason bitcoin's derived value is so high (applying the MV = PQ methodology) is because they use it as a store of value use case, which inherently has a velocity of zero. 

I don't agree because it's a formula in classic economics for inflationary money supplies. So, the first thing is whether we could apply the same formula on fixed money supplies or even deflationary ones. Secondly, even if the formula still holds, it will result in 'the higher the velocity the higher the price':

M is fixed 

Q is slightly inflationary in USD, with target inflation of around 2%

So if V increases more the 2% yearly, P needs to increase.

Hence, xRapid will cause so many transactions with an decreasing money supply that P needs to increase (assuming there are no huge fluctuations in the prices of other products such as food etc. which is Q)

BTW, Bitcoin has a daily volume of 4.5B which is nowhere near 0.

Here, look at their description:

The Satis Group is a full-service Initial Coin Offering (ICO) advisory firm on a mission to serve founders and emerging growth companies looking to launch new protocols, utility tokens, and security tokens. We are an experienced team that is looking to bring world-class advice to structuring and launching this innovative new financing mechanism.

There is something illogical/fishy in this.  Satis Group specializes in ICOs.  Given that by their estimation so few cryptos are going to succeed, survive in the future (BTC, Monero, and a few other cryptos including privacy coins, etc.), this eventuality should be reflected in their services.   They should with time move away from focusing on ICO advisory services for companies looking to launch new protocols and utility tokens since "99.9%" of these will fail according to them.  They will have to focus mainly on existing companies trying to tokenize securities they already offer within traditional markets.

They will have to give up most of their current mission and change their business model focus significantly, similar to the way Bitmain is trying to evolve their business model away from ASICs to focus on some other model/ use cases.

Edited by enrique11