1 hour ago, Hodor said:

...I regard that as a good deal for most that want to support ads-free content, but then again, I hate advertising! 

I think once people get a taste of an ads-free experience, they won't want to go back.

It's like trying to watch movies on cable or broadcast TV after enjoying Netflix.

So as a consumer, the perks we get from using coil is supporting content creators  and ad free content?  I'm interested in knowing what changes will be implemented as it scales to the masses, $5/month doesnt seem like much going to the content creators.  Its still the early stages, but I guess that would mean the coil team will be donating a TON, hopefully as they grow theyll find ways on becoming highly profitable.   

11 minutes ago, increasedwisdom said:

I think once people get a taste of an ads-free experience, they won't want to go back.

It's like trying to watch movies on cable or broadcast TV after enjoying Netflix.

Precisely. And if websites stop allowing free usage, people will have no choice but to pay.

The potential for this is huge, whether it be listening to music, watching sports/films/TV programmes/adult content, reading books/blogs etc.

16 minutes ago, rodneyDDS said:

So as a consumer, the perks we get from using coil is supporting content creators  and ad free content?  I'm interested in knowing what changes will be implemented as it scales to the masses, $5/month doesnt seem like much going to the content creators.  Its still the early stages, but I guess that would mean the coil team will be donating a TON, hopefully as they grow theyll find ways on becoming highly profitable.   

Hard to say how they'll approach it. 

They cut off their users at paying $5 per month, but the sites that host the content are the ones that may be more curious.  Coil has published their stream rates down to the drop, so some of it can be calculated at a certain number of hours of browser, and then anything over that would be a loss to Coil if Coil decides they'll make up the difference. 

All these are interesting questions! 

15 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Precisely. And if websites stop allowing free usage, people will have no choice but to pay.

The potential for this is huge, whether it be listening to music, watching sports/films/TV programmes/adult content, reading books/blogs etc.

Even the Internet giants might want in on this revenue model.  Facebook has roughly over a billion unique accounts supposedly.  That's a LOT of zerps flowing their way if they chose to monetize their site instead of rely on advertising.  However, I'm not sure how that compares to their ad revenue.  :JC_thinking:

Hodor im trying to get a twitch connection with coil is that going to be enabled in future? Because it says it is an automated connection though i see no possiblity to get it running :S

I already got the payment pointer prepared

Edited by Sarnos

4 hours ago, LamboToTheMoon said:

Fecking hope so, can't wait to get the coins I have on etoro out of there

I heard a rumour Platinum members already have it as a beta, dunno if legit

Ditto. I (like a LOT of investors) bought in through etoro as a noob without knowing the intricacies of the crypto market. They have been talking about wallet support for a long time now. God knows if and when it will execute and whether actual coins will be made available for wallet transfer off their platform or whether it will just be a cold wallet specific to their site.

Whatever the case I hope they get their **** together soon.

1 hour ago, Sarnos said:

Hodor im trying to get a twitch connection with coil is that going to be enabled in future? Because it says it is an automated connection though i see no possiblity to get it running :S

I do not do twitch myself, so I'm not sure... it looks like they pay out to Twitch a bit differently...

I just sent a DM to somebody on Twitter about it and I'll let you know.  Coil seems to only have their official press contact info and no support contact currently. 

1 minute ago, Hodor said:

I do not do twitch myself, so I'm not sure... it looks like they pay out to Twitch a bit differently...

I just sent a DM to somebody on Twitter about it and I'll let you know.  Coil seems to only have their official press contact info and no support contact currently. 

Twitch is a huge market, all those tips for people playing games and being watched doing so....

2 hours ago, Sarnos said:

@Sarnos I was told to send you to a Discord... they have two people from Coil in there now, and they frequent this Discord from what I gather.  (I'm not really into Discord that much). 

Here is the invite: 

https://discordapp.com/invite/yX9zQRT

Let me know if you have trouble joining!  (I also have an individual Coil email that I can share in a PM if you're still having trouble, but it's not for public forum consumption)

Edited by Hodor