Guest Vinnie

What are your views on XRP?

331 posts in this topic

So does the 6 superstitions article answer all the concerns raised on this thread? Was anything missed? 

All, I don't know, but it's it's a good start. I hope they don't overlook this topic and find interesting ideas.

On 1/13/2017 at 4:22 AM, cmbartley said:

Corda can use XRP and RCL for settlement.

Where have you seen this? Just because there was a trial with RC3 you think this?

It has never been clearly specified and I don't think it's the case.

2 hours ago, ElMoskito said:

Where have you seen this? Just because there was a trial with RC3 you think this?

I didn't mean to suggest that RCL has been integrated into Corda, only that when the Corda papers originally came out they stated that there wasn't a native settlement mechanism and that contract entrants could determine the mechanism of settlement whether it be using traditional rails or distributed technology. Not sure where it stands now.

Xi195 likes this

I often ask myself how the network would be if permissionned (in a way or the other) or have a kyc XRP version.
Permissionless has advantages but also disadvantages, you can have bad actors, it's also maybe scary for big corp?

Edited by namini

19 minutes ago, namini said:

I often ask myself how the network would be if permissionned (in a way or the other) or have a kyc XRP version.
Permissionless has advantages but also disadvantages, you can have bad actors, it's also maybe scary for big corp?

XRP just being a token, it's hard to make it to value without an exchange and/or traces to an IOU(.fiat) One always has to pass by a gateway or an exchange in one way or another ... 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, ElMoskito said:

You are right, of course. For sharing the same nuanced view as you, I get insulted for propagating the lie that Corda and Ripple are "competitors"

Ughh...  Bitcoiners on Twitter still hate Ripple. No improvement on that front.

I swear they try and tech shame me. I felt them backing me into a corner a little while ago so I posted a full blown picture of me next to a Ripple logo, haha. It's so scandalous! (And absurd.)

50 minutes ago, Haydentiff said:

Ughh...  Bitcoiners on Twitter still hate Ripple. No improvement on that front.

Don't worry, the last laugh will be had eventually and the best tech will win out. Just remember the Twitter handles in future so you can gloat and be all like "told you soooo!" in their eggy faces.

14 minutes ago, rippledigital said:

Don't worry, the last laugh will be had eventually and the best tech will win out. Just remember the Twitter handles in future so you can gloat and be all like "told you soooo!" in their eggy faces.

I feel like I secretly work for the CIA just because I like Ripple, lol. I'm so shady because I like Bitcoin and Ripple. I tried talking about it with somebody who had never heard of Bitcoin and it was the most asinine attempt at an explanation, haha.

22 minutes ago, Haydentiff said:

I feel like I secretly work for the CIA just because I like Ripple, lol. I'm so shady because I like Bitcoin and Ripple. I tried talking about it with somebody who had never heard of Bitcoin and it was the most asinine attempt at an explanation, haha.

You're like an anarchist in the middle of a street riot telling your fellow anarchists how the NSA isn't all bad and that you're a fangirl of one of the main architects :)

1 hour ago, D-fault123 said:

You're like an anarchist in the middle of a street riot telling your fellow anarchists how the NSA isn't all bad and that you're a fangirl of one of the main architects :)

No. No I'm not. :P

I know you're kidding, but just for the record... Liking Bitcoin doesn't make me an anarchist any more than liking Ripple makes me a statist. (Labels never fit me well anyway.)

45 minutes ago, Haydentiff said:

No. No I'm not. :P

I know you're kidding, but for just for the record... Liking Bitcoin doesn't make me an anarchist any more than liking Ripple makes me a statist. (Labels never fit me well anyway.)

I know, I know. Sometimes it just feels like one cannot be interested bitcoin and have discussions about it without the whole "bitcoin will kill all banks" talk added along. Voices of the sensible bitcoiners seem to drown in all kinds of anti-establishment chants. And when you talk about ripple to folks like that, it's like the ultimate evil with its friendliness towards the establishment and banks. 

I shouldn't have started it by describing you as an anarchist, as it wasn't really accurate in that comparison. Perhaps "an ethusiast of different elements overlapping anarchism, but seen as an anarchist by her anarchist interlocutors"

Edited by D-fault123

31 minutes ago, D-fault123 said:

Perhaps "an ethusiast of different elements overlapping anarchism, but seen as an anarchist by her anarchist interlocutors"

Lol, it doesn't matter. I'm just me. :d_sunny: