Vinnie

What are your views on XRP?

343 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have a great idea! :D

Arthur Brito or Chris Larson could make a donation of 2B XRP to a charity organization.

Charity organization for early adopters who lost money with an overpriced XRP.

2B XRP would be redistributed proportionally between early adopters.

We could take ledger #26000000 for reference.

Edited by ElMoskito

baggy23 likes this

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, ElMoskito said:

I have a great idea! :D

Arthur Brito or Chris Larson could make a donation of 2B XRP to a charity organization.

Charity organization for early adopters who lost money with an overpriced XRP.

2B XRP would be redistributed proportionally between early adopters.

We could take ledger #26000000 for reference.

So Chris and Arthur are supposed to take the blame when it's Jed who acted like an unprofessional a*shole?

Edited by D-fault123

btw its "Chris Larsen" not "Chris Larson".
We were not talking about Jed 2014 announcement, but about transparency and I see nothing wrong discussing the important amounts they all allocated themselves.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, namini said:

btw its "Chris Larsen" not "Chris Larson".
We were not talking about Jed 2014 announcement, but about transparency and I see nothing wrong discussing the important amounts they all allocated themselves.

And "Arthur Britto". I took @ElMoskito's post as an accusation towards the two founders, aside from Jed, for XRP's bad performance over the years. Which I feel is a fairly unjust statement. I do agree that the founders share is an important topic.

Edited by D-fault123

Haydentiff likes this

40 minutes ago, D-fault123 said:

And "Arthur Britto". I took @ElMoskito's post as an accusation towards the two founders, aside from Jed, for XRP's bad performance over the years. Which I feel is a fairly unjust statement. I do agree that the founders share is an important topic.

We know we have no control on Jed funds... and he will never donate.

Only Arthur and Chris can make a donation for a charity ;)

Hi D-Fault123,

Constructive remarks, is another way of simply framing the discussion. As for, Jed being Ass'ole, you have side stepped your own advice.

As I developer, I can imagine that the 'original OpenCoin/Ripple' source code and therefore intellectual property would be solely Jed's. But he needed worker bees to manage other business functions. So overtime when the worker bees, started to diverge from the developer's view of the world, Computing for Good, and focusing on the un-banked, I can imagine their interests were no longer aligned. 

It would make sense, for Jed to learn from this experience, and move on.

D-fault123 likes this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, ElMoskito said:

We know we have no control on Jed funds... and he will never donate.

Only Arthur and Chris can make a donation for a charity ;)

Jed already voluntarily gave 2B of his remaining XRP to charity after their settlement with ripple last year

Edited by D-fault123

1 minute ago, Max Entropy said:

Hey D-Fault123... You weren't supposed to ,like' my comment.

Please stop, blunting my attacks!

:-)

What can I do when I see a good post, damn it

Max Entropy likes this

But I must add, @Max Entropy, I didn't call Jed an a-hole. But he did act like an unprofessional a-hole, since he had been promoting ripple and xrp just one year before announcing the dump. I stand by that. But enough offtopic and Jed from me, as the guy IMO belongs to past in terms of ripple and XRP.

11 hours ago, Vinnie said:

no, No, NO! I would be so pissed if someone did this, and I would imagine there are plenty of other people would would not want this either. As much as I dislike Jed's actions, blocking people in this fashion is completely immoral and violates the spirit of the network. It undermines trust in the ledger and constitutes abuse. Practically speaking it would destroy most if not all of the value of the currency. People would flee in droves, knowing that their balances could become worthless on a whim.

Vinnie, there are lots of interesting posts people have made which you could reply to or share an opinion on. 

H

Morty likes this

14 minutes ago, Haraldo said:

Vinnie, there are lots of interesting posts people have made which you could reply to or share an opinion on. 

H

Yeah. Did you find what you were looking for within these 300 posts?

Hi D-Fault123, I have been in that situation... it is difficult to let go of a company that one creates... So promoting XRP a year or even four (4) months prior to leaving, is for me understandable. At some point, control and direction of the company become the dominant factors, and moving on is the only path.

6 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

As I developer, I can imagine that the 'original OpenCoin/Ripple' source code and therefore intellectual property would be solely Jed's. But he needed worker bees to manage other business functions. So overtime when the worker bees, started to diverge from the developer's view of the world, Computing for Good, and focusing on the un-banked, I can imagine their interests were no longer aligned. 

It would make sense, for Jed to learn from this experience, and move on.

Nope. Jed had an idea and sought out @JoelKatz to investigate if a distributed agreement protocol could solve the double spend problem without a central authority. I always thought that @JoelKatz developed the Ripple Protocol Consensus Algorithm single-handedly until the lawsuit happened and it was revealed that Arthur owns the protocol. Legend has it that there is only one man who might be even more brilliant than JoelKatz. And that mysterious man's name is Arthur. There are no images of him online. He's just this guy... You know?

:P