Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kanaas

That official forum is completely useless

37 posts in this topic

Wonder if anyone else here is bothered with that official form @Ripple ?

While we all are saying how great that team of devs in Ripple (the company) is, one has to live with an official forum that is, filled with spam posts, completely useless.
Or they run it like it should, or they shut it down and refer to initiatives like this here (bravo @karlos !!!!), or they hire this boardmaster to clean up the mess over there.
I don't care how they do it, but like it is now it gives a very wrong image of their competence (unless they ARE incompetent).

Please Ripple DO something about it as Karlos proofs day by day that it IS possible to run a nice and clean forum with not to much SPAM !!!!!
And if you can't or if you do not want to spent to much resource on it than SHUT IT DOWN and use your website or a blog or your insights for announcements.
After all... all discussions, including the technical already are done here most of the time and if once in a while JK, Nick, mDuo are double answering here AND over there it would be even better and more efficient that they can do in just in one single place... here please ... for the better of ALL!!!

Edited by kanaas

papa likes this

There is only one spam post I can find on the official forums right now.

edit: ok found some others in Indonesian subforum, btw, you can report posts when logged in.

Edited by namini

22 minutes ago, namini said:

There is only one spam post I can find on the official forums right now.

edit: ok found some others in Indonesian subforum, btw, you can report posts when logged in.

Those are 13 posts that have nothing to do with Ripple for only 1 in the same timeframe (not in the list) that was more or less relevant.
13 to 1.... that ratio makes such a forum inrelevant, annoying and useless as a whole for me

Snip20161228_5.png

namini likes this

The last forum like this one (xrptalk) was shut down and the owner (hurukan) tried to sell the user database...

If you see spam on the official forum, please report it or just wait a little bit, I usually delete it daily. There's not much more that I can do as a moderator, since I don't have admin rights and can't change/implement spam filters or the like.

namini likes this

4 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

The last forum like this one (xrptalk) was shut down and the owner (hurukan) tried to sell the user database...

So what? This one is better and more lively than the official that looks more like a ghost town. Most of the time the list of "users" is just a few bots. I do not see why Ripple needs to run a forum that nobody but bots or a newbie once in a while uses . The few posts employees have to answer over there are repeated by themselves here. The only relevant remarks, issue reporting, technical questions I've seen in more than a year I can count on my 2 hands and could easily be answered by private messages to the enquirer as usually it's the only person who reads the answer I guess, unless you count bots as "readers" ....

Hodor likes this

Ripple will have a private forums for trial participants. Maybe one per trial group. 

I do not expect there is enough traffic to the Ripple domain to warrant improvements.

or if you don't want to re-install the whole forum / captcha thing, appoint someone who can manage spam on a daily basis (I can)

Two pages of spam on the general forum, it looks bad.

11 hours ago, namini said:

Come on Nik, David, Vinnie or Rome

Can someone take care of this? I think Sukrim is bored too.

I recently got a new job since Ripple didn't answer when I applied with them... :-/

I'll just take half an hour or so tomorrow and clean up again.

Xi195 and seve7ete like this

Don't clean it, if they don't care about it for months ............

Looks like you're not the only one they didn't answer after applying (or maybe that's you who left the review):

I applied to the Product Manager position online and received a request to set up time to speak on the phone with a talent recruiter. I emailed him back. Never heard back. Followed up a few days later. Never heard back. Followed up the next week. Never heard back. After reading other reviews, this seems to be a pattern. As an emerging company, I think responsiveness would be an essential part of building a brand to attract potential applicants and retain the best talent. Hopefully, this isn't a reflection of how people work internally.

https://www.glassdoor.fr/Entretien/Ripple-questions-entretien-d-embauche-E798412.htm

Edited by namini

Haydentiff likes this

7 minutes ago, namini said:

Don't clean it, if they don't care about it for months ............

Looks like you're not the only one they didn't answer after applying (or maybe that's you who left the review):

https://www.glassdoor.fr/Entretien/Ripple-questions-entretien-d-embauche-E798412.htm

Glassdoor is not a reliable site, unless you filter out ranting after disappointment ....

55 minutes ago, namini said:

Sure, but Sukrim is saying exactly the same.

I don't know Sukrim or his relationship/history with Ripple so I can't judge

1 hour ago, namini said:

I applied to the Product Manager position online and received a request to set up time to speak on the phone with a talent recruiter. I emailed him back. Never heard back. Followed up a few days later. Never heard back. 

Ripple recruiters are probably not special in this aspect. Other (fin)tech companies are doing this, too (Coinbase, etc.). 

On one side they're complaining about the lack of talented candidates. But on the other side, their recruiters often behave unprofessionally and disorganized.

Recruiters of large A tier tech companies (Google, etc.) are often much more professional and organized.

Edited by T8493