How will the price of XRP increase when bought and sold immediately

20 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:
20 hours ago, Cryptsycrackers said:
David Schwartz called me out one time because I read somewhere that XRP could be sold at a discount and I repeated that it maybe was based on what I had read.  So yeah, it isn't.
Only thing is you can feel free to call bs on me here, because I'm not giving out my social media account.

I've read the same thing from BG actually iirc that they can buy at a discount. But perhaps I'm confusing something

I think you might be confusing OTC sales with the Accelerator program for XRapid users.  In that program early XRapid adopters get XRP incentives for volume they put through XRapid.  Essentially subsidising early adopters and encouraging XRapid adoption.  

That is a great thing for us and the more the merrier.  OTC sales are different though...  not tied necessarily to XRapid and all indications are that the OTC rate is at market price.  

42 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Is a monthly, market price sell order, of $1Billion XRP, a good reason

Your earlier tirade against me (which regrettably I missed because I have you blocked...) is made more understandable when I read the above from you.  

Your misunderstanding of the basics is what causes your anger and confusion in my opinion.  

There is no such sell order.  The above, like almost everything else you say,  is fundamentally wrong and misguided.

I assume that readers can make up their own minds...

52 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

There is no such sell order. 

And you are slowly catching up to the point...What if they did sell? Even just sell a small portion of the escrow? What if other folks believe they may sell? I can see these unknowns as valid reasons XRP adoption is stalled. But now I am repeating myself, and others understood the question much sooner.

perhaps if you had attempted to answer my question versus simply calling me a FUDDER, and ranting about BS; you would frustrate me less.

Edited by Valhalla_Guy

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

And you are slowly catching up to the point...   [snipped]....   But now I am repeating myself, and others understood the question much sooner.

Your posts are full of misunderstandings and incorrect statements.  I can’t be bothered finding and replying to them all.  

Here...   I will point out a couple, reply,  and leave it that.  

“Obviously they are not selling on the open market, so for you to say they are selling at market prices is foolish. ”

I actually said that the indications are that they sell at market _PRICE_    not    _ON THE OPEN MARKET_.

Many OTC trades in all sorts of markets are made at middle-of-spread market price.  For you to misunderstand that doesn’t make me look foolish.....  

6 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

RL cannot dump 1 billion XRP per month, using a market sell order, and expect the price to stay unchanged. Sorry but your assumptions are very wrong.

Nobody but you thinks they are doing, or considering doing that...  perhaps it’s your assumptions that are wrong?

2 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

In response to your emotional outburst: Have you ever heard of Coinbase? 

Enotional outburst?  Saying I’m tired of bs assumptions qualifies as an emotional outburst?  What next-level term can we therefore ascribe to the petulant and insulting reply you gave? 

You joined in January at peak FOMO. You are probably solidly red and looking for the entity, person or reason to blame.   

The escrow sales have been exhaustively written about by many here and in particular by David Schwartze here and on twitter.  

There is a reason that there are so many XRP existing, a reason why it’s good that Ripple have them in escrow, and a plan to use them effectively in support of the XRP ecosystem. 

I don’t know whether you are deliberately unknowing of all this or not...  but instead of point by point replying I will just block you again and refer you to the enormous amount of info on here. 

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

I will just block you again 

I NEVER said Ripple is planning to dump or has dumped, I am simply wondering if this big “What If” is an issue for the masses. Ever hear of doubt? I believe in doubt more than whales.

BTW: Adults have no need for an ignore button, but if they did, they would simply press it. 

Adolescents feel the need to tell everyone they are pressing ignore, before they actually press.

Children continually say they are going to do something drastic, but never actually do. This is your third claim to press ignore, just do it, and progress to adolescence.

?? Rock-a bye bye.??

4 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Is a monthly, market price sell order, of $1Billion XRP, a good reason? That is the obvious one, but I am thinking deeper about trusting RL (or any single entity) to control XRP inflation. Many on this site knock the dollar because it moved off the gold standard. This is ridiculous logic when you consider XRP is not tethered to anything except perhaps, Ripple.

Umm, how about the fact that you can’t make anymore?  That’s what made the gold standard work for paper money. When you can just print more money, and it’s not back by anything you just pump the money into the economy causing inflation. Like a stock market at an all time high, while interest rates are increasing but the USD at a 14 year low. 

Edited by Kaidan

6 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Is a monthly, market price sell order, of $1Billion XRP, a good reason? That is the obvious one, but I am thinking deeper about trusting RL (or any single entity) to control XRP inflation. Many on this site knock the dollar because it moved off the gold standard. This is ridiculous logic when you consider XRP is not tethered to anything except perhaps, Ripple.

I don't think so, because there is demand for that 1 billion.  If there was not any demand, it would go back into escrow.

I think we need to understand that Ripple’s XRP stack is a double edged sword.

On the one hand, Ripple can use it to inject XRP to exchanges, so FIAT/XRP pairs, hence liquidity is increasing, which is an absolute must for increasing the chance of xRapid use.

Whether these XRP „sales” to the exchanges are free of charge, below or above market price (or not even sales, but some sort of lending agreement) is irrelevant to the XRP market price, as the exhanges’ XRP stack do not represent a selling pressure on the market. By pre-funding exchanges this way, Ripple simply makes sure that XRP is available at the market so market participants (including investors or speculators) can buy them. (XRP just sits on the exchanges’ accounts until someone wants to buy them.) In other words, exchanges are the gateways of fresh money influx and the more gates Ripple opens, the better chance there is that fresh money will find its way to XRP.

Also, I am sure their large stack helped Ripple to draw in big investors in the beginning, and is now allowing them to fund several projects that are propelling other XRP use cases, which ultimately broadens adoption and increases price.

These are all good things and positively affecting XRP price (in the long run).

Large stack also makes it possible for Ripple to dream up a scheme where they are the lender of last resort in the long run… (this point also have a negative and positive side..)

On the other hand, large XRP stack in Ripple’s hand is also a risk factor in the eyes of the market participants.

Currently, we are ensured by the escrow that Ripple will not damp their stack on the market. (If it wasn’t obvious from the beginning, that they will not cut the tree under themselves…)

You can argue, that 1B XRP/month released from escrow, and sold to FI’s will have/have a price dampening effect, but I only see this an issue if Ripple sells their stack to e.g. banks, who will at one point have to sell their XRP on exchanges by the use of xRapid. This case „fresh” XRP would appear on the market on the SELL side of the books, so this would create selling pressure, and may negatively effect the price. We can easily assume that the xRapid users' (who also decided to hold XRP) intention is not to crush the market, we can also assume that they will do this cautiously.

On the same edge of the sword the large stack means that Ripple has monopoly over the market. Theoretically, they can manipulate the price of XRP to their liking even with the 1B XRP/month.

Also, let's not forget that Ripple is a private company, and although, now it seems that they are benevolent actors who found a win-win situation where profit taking is possible with the betterment of the society (i.e. creating IoV), their policy can change e.g. if the leadership/owner structure changes. This is a risk and will continue to be a risk as long as Ripple have their huge stack.

How much this affects the price, I am not sure, but I think this negatively effects the adoption of XRP as standard, as it all comes down to trust. (as in trust in Ripple by market participants)

The large stack may also be a problem point in the eye of SEC when deciding whether XRP is a security or not. (I do not have evidence, this is just an assumption..)

It seems that the debate is because people tend to look at only one of the „edges” of this sword, while ignoring the other.

From what I see (based on the publicly available info) Ripple is masterfully wielding this sword, and so far nothing suggests that they will cut themselves with the "poisoned" side, moreover, they may be able to use the pointy end to stab their adversaries in the fight for dominating the sector.

However, we cannot dismiss the possibility of self harm (small cuts and bruises) during the battle 100%.

And if you do not believe me, I attached a pic as an unquestionable proof of the above.

castle.jpg

Edited by Tako