How will the price of XRP increase when bought and sold immediately

55 minutes ago, AlexCobb said:

He doesn't really answer his own question. He makes a good point about XRP being bought and sold in 2 different markets but his argument would be much more powerful if he described how this mechanically pushes the prices up. Talking of hype is off topic.

Do you guys want a really good way to raise the price. When x rapid goes live it's going to buy the cheapest xrp on the market at that time. If everybody and I mean everybody puts up a sell price that is much higher than the current price. Say current price is 32c well if the lowest price was 35c or 40c or higher. Put up your sell orders high as hell. Cause it's going to go after the cheapest first. Just something I thought about that would be funny. It could be a great strategy going forward

You're only holding the crypto for 5 seconds at most..it will be a while before actual usage (not speculation) and stability (for FIs to hold XRP, XLM as stores of value) show the 'true' value of XRP, XLM.  These are projects that will take roughly 10 years to mature.

11 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

You're only holding the crypto for 5 seconds at most..it will be a while before actual usage (not speculation) and stability (for FIs to hold XRP, XLM as stores of value) show the 'true' value of XRP, XLM.  These are projects that will take roughly 10 years to mature.

It will definitely take time that is for sure. The real question is. How long can you hold on?

Edited by Kpuff

9 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

You're only holding the crypto for 5 seconds at most

It's important to define "you" here:

"you" being someone that does not wish to hold crypto, but only wishes to make a payment from fiat X to fiat Y.

that someone is paying fees to someone else that holds XRP.

if that someone needs to make a lot of payments, he can save half the fees by holding XRP himself.

Bought and sold, bought while being sold, and repeating constantly as value moves. 

So depending on how much the pool of XRP needs to be for the amount of value moving in and out in a steady flow is your price of XRP. 

The higher the sustained volume of value in motion, the higher the price needs to be. 

Whats value in motion? Banks, FI, cross border payments, W3C payments, streaming payments, all these contribute to “value in motion”. You can’t think of it as a single instant buy/sell txn, but a steady incessant flow of funds into and out of XRP. 

1 hour ago, Kpuff said:

It will definitely take time that is for sure. The real question is. How long can you hold on?

I have other cryptos...since I do cryptos full time, I have to rely on active-income (mostly POW-based coins, masternodes, etc.) and passive-income cryptos (e.g., cold-staking, inflationary, etc. coins) until XRP, XLM mature and stabilize sufficiently to be used as stores of value.

Depends on patience too...what good is having a high net worth if you go to your grave having never spent any of it?

Edited by enrique11

1 hour ago, lucky said:

It's important to define "you" here:

"you" being someone that does not wish to hold crypto, but only wishes to make a payment from fiat X to fiat Y.

that someone is paying fees to someone else that holds XRP.

if that someone needs to make a lot of payments, he can save half the fees by holding XRP himself.

When I say "you" it's primarily in the context of banks.

Edited by enrique11