XRP price in 3 years.

49 minutes ago, Ikketje said:

This one?

https://smartereum.com/3345/ripple-price-predictions-2018-xrp-can-ripple-end-the-year-around-10-ripple-news-today-thu-aug-23/

"Based on current projections, most people within the business agree that Ripple’s value can go up to the $200-$300 range in ten years. It is in the company’s best interest if the price continues to rise, because it will make XRP less volatile."

Quite possibly, didn't think I had read 10 years tho but it was a while ago

1 hour ago, Ikketje said:

This one?

https://smartereum.com/3345/ripple-price-predictions-2018-xrp-can-ripple-end-the-year-around-10-ripple-news-today-thu-aug-23/

"Based on current projections, most people within the business agree that Ripple’s value can go up to the $200-$300 range in ten years. It is in the company’s best interest if the price continues to rise, because it will make XRP less volatile."

They quote express.co.uk as crypto experts.

The Express, for any non UK zerpers, is not a serious newspaper.

1 hour ago, Zerptime said:

The fact that people actually likes this comment shows how some people here don't live in reality

As I get older I realize that life can take strange turns and sometimes things can happen that seem impossible. 3 years is a lifetime away in technology. If one  does not  see the growth potential in XRP and perhaps a price rise similar in scope to worthless BTC then by all means sell at $5. No disrespect here. but no one really knows (except the ball)! and price predictions are just 4 fun. However I am not investing in XRP for it to go to $15 in 3 years and find that completely absurd more so than 2000$. Plus I am kinda of sick and tired of all the lame naysayers so aggressive price predictions are my way of saying wake up! Good luck to everyone you are on the cusp of greatness. And perhaps wealth if you don’t panic sell

Even at $100 that would be almost a 4 trillion dollar market cap.  You really think it will be 40 times the current market cap of BTC?  I know market cap doesnt mean actual money invested, but still. 

To the person saying $2000, that would put it at an 80 trillion dollar market cap, that is the estimated total amount of money in the entire world....

Here's the thing: the pain we feel now is the pain of building a moat around a business.  Anything that is hard to do is also hard to do for your competition (unless they cause a paradigm shift through new ways of doing things).  Ripple are going to take time to achieve their goals.  XRP will take time to build up more value and liquidity.  It just takes time.  It's clear that there are a lot of impatient investors out there.  They will sell to the more patient ones.   Warren Buffet was right about that.  But then figure the power of time and how much gets done over time.  Think about how much development will have happened over those 3 years. XRP will be way more liquid by then against many fiat currencies.  Ripple's software suite will be incredible.  They will likely have 1000+ employees.  All you have to do now is ... nothing. 

7 hours ago, Paddy said:

Does anybody here think we will see xrp’s previous ATH within 3 years?

I like to think we will have gotten to £10 by then and if we do il be long gone with a nice tidy profit. 

I have readjusted my outlook now as in 2017 when I first invested I truly believed we would see Ethereum style price action, however with a lot of the posts on here recently they have got in my head a bit and now I’m wondering if even £5 is possible.

so has anybody else changed there opinions on future price from where they originally thought?

Previous ATH within 3 years?  Yes.  ATH period? No.  Likely to bounce above previous ATH and then bounce below, and above again? Yep.  Where will it end up? $589?  Very hard to say in the 3 year window but anything from $1.50-$50 is reasonable.  Longer term still quite a bit higher.

12 minutes ago, PhiGuy said:

5a37b2b2dc9a8_ScreenShot2017-12-18at11_23_38pm_png_43660b466c88b56c06b6da66aa9e0342.png

What a dream though right?  If XRP is $1000 per zerp in 2020 i'll be begging my wife to find my password so I can sell off 80% of the stack.  That's guaranteed retirement right there no matter how bad I do my day job.  But if it's XRP at $1000, and BTC/ETH in the hundreds or less, then that means I won't have to sell any zerps, I'll just be using them like I do my USD.

11 minutes ago, Kalarie said:

What a dream though right?  If XRP is $1000 per zerp in 2020 i'll be begging my wife to find my password so I can sell off 80% of the stack.  That's guaranteed retirement right there no matter how bad I do my day job.  But if it's XRP at $1000, and BTC/ETH in the hundreds or less, then that means I won't have to sell any zerps, I'll just be using them like I do my USD.

I think their prediction is 1$ mate ?

Would love to know how they get this prediction tho 

2 hours ago, Triple said:

Exactly. Someone who is a crypto billionaire cannot actually claim that billion. Once they start to cash out the value of their assets begin to rapidly depreciate.

Wait, if people believe this then they must agree with me that the monthly escrow dumps from Ripple act as a price suppressant. 

10 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Wait, if people believe this then they must agree with me that the monthly escrow dumps from Ripple act as a price suppressant. 

I highly doubt Ripple is intentionally suppressing the price of XRP. That completely goes against their own interests. Aside from that, the amount they sell onto the open market themselves in an entire quarter is a 3rd of the market volume in a day. They're extremely transparent in their operations and the community would have noticed this by now.

1 hour ago, Triple said:

I highly doubt Ripple is intentionally suppressing the price of XRP. That completely goes against their own interests. Aside from that, the amount they sell onto the open market themselves in an entire quarter is a 3rd of the market volume in a day. They're extremely transparent in their operations and the community would have noticed this by now.

Of course they  aren’t doing it with the intent of suppressing the price. But the fact is the action is suppressing the price whether that is their intent or not. There is no way you can claim someone cashing out 1 million XRP in order to take profit is going to dramatically affect the price and then turn around and claim that the monthly escrow releases are not going to affect the price as well. 

I'm not sure, I'd think so, but sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot.  I think it is stupid to assume that the price will reach X.

My plan is to sell up to 80% of my stash once it is enough for me to retire semi comfortably.....hopefully only like 5% with a massive run up really fast :) but I'm not willing to gamble freedom for riches.  That 20% is my vanity.

Edited by mrhat75